If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 32" TV

Options
  • 14-03-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer - I'm looking for a 32" tv (to be used as my main tv) and have a budget of around €500. My main priority is firstly getting the best quality picture (preferably full hd) followed by the best quality sound. I would prefer not to have to purchase a soundbar as this would take me over my budget. Smart tv is neither here nor there as I already have a Roku and am not too concerned about any of the other smart tv features. So far I've looked at the https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&sub=155&productid=1417 and the LG32LN575 - but I've read mixed reports on the sound on both of these. I then saw the http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl32w705b/sony-kdl32w705bbu but can't find any reviews on this one. I figured that with the cheaper LG my budget would stretch to cover a soundbar but any opinions would be appreciated and, like I said, my main concern is quality even if it means getting a soundbar at a later stage when the budget allows it!

One other thing, I've read somewhere that the LG has a satellite connection? Do you know if this is correct & would this work for free to air satellite?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Clarea, to give you an accurate view on these models.

The LG is virtually a non starter when you compare it against the Panasonic and the Sony.

The Sony is undoubtedly the winner in terms of performance with the 200Hz processing, amazing styling, x-reality engine and very natural picture.  The Panasonic is a good second place. Most of our customers go for the Panasonic due to the review etc that it has received but the Sony is a better TV if the extra budget allows for it.

The LG does have a free to air satellite tuner on board but this is not Freeview HD and cannot be classed as such as it does not have the freesat guide etc. I wouldn't let this sway me as the picture performance is very different to the Sony.

If you are after the best picture, then it's on the Sony and in my book, I would save up for a soundbar and grab one at some stage....but then I do  buy the best that I can afford at the time. Don't tell the wife !

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clarea

Thanks for the great advice - you told me just what I wanted to hear!  I really had my eye on the Sony but was looking for a reason to justify the extra cost.  Will hopefully be up your way in the next week or two.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

clarea wrote: »
    Thanks for the great advice - you told me just what I wanted to hear!  I really had my eye on the Sony but was looking for a reason to justify the extra cost.  Will hopefully be up your way in the next week or two.
    No problem,thats what we are here for1

The Sony KDL32W705 is a super TV and at £419.95 / €499.99 it's superb value as well!

Keep us posted if you are coming up and we will get one set up in the demo room for you,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 44 drink_milk

Hi Guys,

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I would be interested in Panasonic TXL32E6.

What would be the "boards.ie" :) price for this TV and delivery to Dublin?

I believe you are still offering the 5 Years warranty for this TV? Is it Panasonic 5 Years Warranty? What happens in case I need to send a TV for repairs? Can I send it to the local service centre in Dublin or to your shop in Belfast?

Thanks for your help.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

drink_milk wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I would be interested in Panasonic TXL32E6.

What would be the "boards.ie" :) price for this TV and delivery to Dublin?

I believe you are still offering the 5 Years warranty for this TV? Is it Panasonic 5 Years Warranty? What happens in case I need to send a TV for repairs? Can I send it to the local service centre in Dublin or to your shop in Belfast?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi Drink_Milk

No problem at all.

I have one of these screens myself and they are fantastic.

Unfortunately there really isn't a Boards price on this screen as we are offering free 5 year warranties. To be able to get the FREE 5 year you must sign up to our VIP club on the main www.richersounds.co.uk website.

The free 5 year warranty is our own warranty and the screen could be dropped at either a Panasonic service centre or come back to us. In the first instance should anything go wrong with the TV you would call us and we would let you know how to proceed.

At the moment the 32E6 is priced at £339.95 shipping would be £14.99

I hope this is of help.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny.

One more question about the warranty, if you don't mind? Will it be valid in Ireland/UK only or in any EU country?

If I decide to go ahead with a purchase, can I join the VIP club on richersounds.co.uk and buy online? According to richersounds.co.uk TXL32E6B is not available to buy online? On richersounds.ie, I believe I can buy it online for £349.99.

Many thanks for your help.

Thanks Kenny.

One more question about the warranty, if you don't mind? Will it be valid in Ireland/UK only or in any EU country?

If I decide to go ahead with a purchase, can I join the VIP club on richersounds.co.uk and buy online? According to richersounds.co.uk TXL32E6B is not available to buy online? On richersounds.ie, I believe I can buy it online for £349.99.

Hi Drink_Milk.

Our 5 year warranty is valid in both Ireland and the UK only.

If you sign up to the VIP on the .co.uk website that gets you the 5 year.
    Drop me a contact number in a PM and we can call you as the UK website will not ship to the South of Ireland.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Kenny.

Drink Milk,

apologies for the price difference on the TXL32E6 on the .ie website - we do actually sell it at exactly the same price as the .co.uk / .com website (£339.95) - at the moment we are completely bebuilding the .ie website, with a mid May launch date so the current site isnt as up to date as we would like - howver no problem on the 5 year, if you sign up to the VIP Club or purchase the Panasonic Via Boards we will happily do the 5 year warranty included at the £339.95 price

Thanks again

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks Guys!

Thanks Kenny.

Hi Drink_Milk.

Drop me a contact number in a PM and we can call you as the UK website will not ship to the South of Ireland.
    Thanks Kenny.

Drink Milk,

apologies for the price difference on the TXL32E6 on the .ie website - we do actually sell it at exactly the same price as the .co.uk / .com website (£339.95) - at the moment we are completely bebuilding the .ie website, with a mid May launch date so the current site isnt as up to date as we would like - howver no problem on the 5 year, if you sign up to the VIP Club or purchase the Panasonic Via Boards we will happily do the 5 year warranty included at the £339.95 price

Thanks again

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks.
    I've sent a PM to Kenny with my contact details.

Thanks Guys!

Thanks Kenny.

Hi Drink_Milk.

Thanks Kenny.

Drink Milk,

Thanks again

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks.
    I've sent a PM to Kenny with my contact details.
    Hi Milk,

Thanks very much for the order :)

We'll have the TV sent out on Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.