Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modulator for amiko

Options
  • 14-03-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I have a guy coming to fit an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner but he said when he fits the RF modulator so I can watch tv in the next room all the HD channels go blank and he's waiting for a patch to come out for this problem,
    does this make sense to you guys or is he pulling a fast one.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the home entertainment forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=864

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

ken1971 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a guy coming to fit an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner but he said when he fits the RF modulator so I can watch tv in the next room all the HD channels go blank and he's waiting for a patch to come out for this problem,
    does this make sense to you guys or is he pulling a fast one.
    The modulator work fine once you use the right a/v settiings.
    You will get the HD channels but in standard definition.
    Go to menu-Setup-Settings-A/V Settings , set up your main TV with a HDMI cable and the full 1080p settings , then switch to scart when using the modulator , that way you can watch your main TV in full HD and just switch to Scart mode while watching both TV's or theTV at the second location only.
    I've set up quite a few like this and it works well , however its a much better job just to install a single tuner box for the second room rather than a modulator.

Advertisement