Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Street Skerries

Options
  • 14-03-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi I live in New Street Skerries and know that efibre is now in Skerries. When I check your website it states that it is not yet available for my address - can you confirm whether or not New Street will be getting efibre. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rordeb wrote: »
    Hi I live in New Street Skerries and know that efibre is now in Skerries. When I check your website it states that it is not yet available for my address - can you confirm whether or not New Street will be getting efibre. Thanks.

Hi rordeb

I've looked into this and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Skerries however not all areas/cabinets within Skerries are enabled.

I can understand that the coverage map may indicate that skerries can get efibre however there is a message below the efibre coverage map stating

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

I have been advised by The efibre roll out team that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within Skerries will continue over the next 12 months however at this moment in time there are no plans made for New street so we would not be able to offer an indication when efibre will be available to you. More plans should be available at the end of the year if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Hi rordeb

I've looked into this and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Skerries however not all areas/cabinets within Skerries are enabled.

I can understand that the coverage map may indicate that skerries can get efibre however there is a message below the efibre coverage map stating

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

I have been advised by The efibre roll out team that works to enable more cabinets and efforts to bring efibre to as much areas within Skerries will continue over the next 12 months however at this moment in time there are no plans made for New street so we would not be able to offer an indication when efibre will be available to you. More plans should be available at the end of the year if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, who do I need to talk to about getting New Street included in the efibre roll-out? Sounds like from your response that new street will never get e-fibre rollout. Even though it is in the town centre.

Hi rordeb

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, who do I need to talk to about getting New Street included in the efibre roll-out? Sounds like from your response that new street will never get e-fibre rollout. Even though it is in the town centre.
    Hi rordeb

This is nobody to I can advise to speak to as these plans are not made on spcific requests or demand I'm afraid.

Al

Hi rordeb

This is nobody to I can advise to speak to as these plans are not made on spcific requests or demand I'm afraid.

Al

Looking back at your earlier comments and also looking at responses you have made to other residents in Skerries - are you actually saying that there are no plans to ever upgrade new street houses to efibre. Thanks.

Hi rordeb

Al

Looking back at your earlier comments and also looking at responses you have made to other residents in Skerries - are you actually saying that there are no plans to ever upgrade new street houses to efibre. Thanks.

Hi rordeb

I'm not saying that, on the contrary, what I had tried to clarify is that there are no plans currently made for New Street and until plans are made I will be unable to offer an indication of when New Street can expect efibre.

I have discussed this with efibre operations who have confirmed that plans to rollout out efibre cabinets and maximise efibre coverage in towns where it has already launched are in place however New street is not part of these plans and until plans for New street are agreed and made we will be unable to offer an indication of when to expect efibre,

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi rordeb

I'm not saying that, on the contrary, what I had tried to clarify is that there are no plans currently made for New Street and until plans are made I will be unable to offer an indication of when New Street can expect efibre.

I have discussed this with efibre operations who have confirmed that plans to rollout out efibre cabinets and maximise efibre coverage in towns where it has already launched are in place however New street is not part of these plans and until plans for New street are agreed and made we will be unable to offer an indication of when to expect efibre,

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the update - could you let me know the location of the cabinet that I would be waiting for an upgrade on.

Hi rordeb

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the update - could you let me know the location of the cabinet that I would be waiting for an upgrade on.
    There is no VDSL cabinet in place and a location is yet to be agreed.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al

It's just that looking at a map created by people tracking the rollout of cabinets, there appears to be one under a kilometer away near the skerries monument. Could this not be used

Thanks
    Al

It's just that looking at a map created by people tracking the rollout of cabinets, there appears to be one under a kilometer away near the skerries monument. Could this not be used

Hi rordeb

I'm unable offer infrastructural reasoning to explain why specific cabinets are not used for specific streets but I can confirm operations have informed me that there are no plans for New street at this moment.

Thanks
    Al

So what I am understanding from your responses is that New Street is not on any short, medium or long term plan, even though there are 2 cabinets within 1 kilometre.

• Advertisement

So what I am understanding from your responses is that New Street is not on any short, medium or long term plan, even though there are 2 cabinets within 1 kilometre.
    That is correct rordeb

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news yet.

Al

That is correct rordeb

Al

Hi just wondering if there is any update on plans for efibre for new street skerries.

That is correct rordeb

Al

Hi just wondering if there is any update on plans for efibre for new street skerries.
    Hi rordeb

I've been ab;e to gain a little more information on the status of lines in New street and I can confirm that as [font=Calibri","sans-serif]lines on new street are currently connected directly to the exchange  is not available at present with no short term timeframe for efibre availability in sight. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local efibre cabinets & a utilise slightly different cable path and infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

It will not be possible to change a directly fed line on to existing fibre cabinet however efibre operations have confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months.

Thanks
    Al

[/font]

Hi rordeb

I've been ab;e to gain a little more information on the status of lines in New street and I can confirm that as [font=Calibri","sans-serif]lines on new street are currently connected directly to the exchange  is not available at present with no short term timeframe for efibre availability in sight. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local efibre cabinets & a utilise slightly different cable path and infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

It will not be possible to change a directly fed line on to existing fibre cabinet however efibre operations have confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months.

Thanks
    Al

[/font]

Hi Al

Thanks for the update and I would appreciate if you keep me updated with any developments there.

Also seeing as it is a direct connection with the exchange, is there any way to increase the upload speed on the current line - I don't mind sacrificing some download speed for it.

Hi rordeb

I've been ab;e to gain a little more information on the status of lines in New street and I can confirm that as lines on new street are currently connected directly to the exchange  is not available at present with no short term timeframe for efibre availability in sight. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local efibre cabinets & a utilise slightly different cable path and infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al

Thanks for the update and I would appreciate if you keep me updated with any developments there.

Also seeing as it is a direct connection with the exchange, is there any way to increase the upload speed on the current line - I don't mind sacrificing some download speed for it.
    No worries rordeb

If you would like to get back to me towards April/MAy hopefully there will be more news surrounding the plans for directly fed lines.

There is no way to directly manage upload speeds although technical support at webchat: www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on 1890260260 should be able to clarify this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

We are about to move into Seacrest, in Skerries - but the lack of fibre broadband connection will make us want to move out !!!

Based upon Eircom's coverage webpage the following location have eFibre enabled;

Martine Court
    Moorings Cove, Balbriggan Road
    The Grove & The Crescent, Skerries Rock
    Townparks
    Foxgrove

As you can see from the above locations, some of them are quite close to Seacrest and it's very frustrating not knowing when your own street will be connected to fast broadband.

Eircom - please advise???

gerryp2000 wrote: »
    We are about to move into Seacrest, in Skerries - but the lack of fibre broadband connection will make us want to move out !!!

Based upon Eircom's coverage webpage the following location have eFibre enabled;

Martine Court
    Townparks
    Foxgrove

As you can see from the above locations, some of them are quite close to Seacrest and it's very frustrating not knowing when your own street will be connected to fast broadband.

Hi gerryp2000

Would you have a land line number you can PM me that I could test?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

Martine Court
    Townparks
    Foxgrove

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    01  8021668  

The download speed only up to 18mb at the moment, around the corner, 100m away, they have eFibre

Martine Court
    Townparks
    Foxgrove

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    01  8021668  

The download speed only up to 18mb at the moment, around the corner, 100m away, they have eFibre
    Hi Gerry

Your line is currently connected directly to the exchange and Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local efibre cabinets but are cabled using slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing release of efibre.

The good news i can offer you is that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and plans are that they are will be implemented in the second half of 2015.

Thanks
    AL
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Hi Gerry

Your line is currently connected directly to the exchange and Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local efibre cabinets but are cabled using slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing release of efibre.

The good news i can offer you is that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and plans are that they are will be implemented in the second half of 2015.

Thanks
    AL
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

Hello Al

I note from the map that Skerries exchange is now fibre enabled. Does this mean we can now get faster broadband. I live in new street.

• Advertisement

Hi Gerry

Thanks
    AL

Hello Al

I note from the map that Skerries exchange is now fibre enabled. Does this mean we can now get faster broadband. I live in new street.
    Hi rordeb

Please PM me your specific address and/or land line number and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

Hi rordeb

Please PM me your specific address and/or land line number and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

That's done Thanks.

Hi rordeb

Cheers
    Al

That's done   Thanks.
    Cheers rordeb

I can see that the exchange based efibre cabinet (SKS1_E01) has already been activated however I have had confirmation that the process of some lines within the exchange to SKS1_E01 is yet to happen - basically your line is connected to an older part of the exchange (which is called SKS1_091) and needs to be changed to the new one (as is the case with a lot of new street). Unfortunately a timeframe on this is not yet available but indications suggest we should have more news on this in late August.

I am aware you are eagerly anticipating efibre and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news at present rordeb

Cheers
    Al

Cheers rordeb

I can see that the exchange based efibre cabinet (SKS1_E01) has already been activated however I have had confirmation that the process of some lines within the exchange to SKS1_E01 is yet to happen - basically your line is connected to an older part of the exchange (which is called SKS1_091) and needs to be changed to the new one (as is the case with a lot of new street). Unfortunately a timeframe on this is not yet available but indications suggest we should have more news on this in late August.

I am aware you are eagerly anticipating efibre and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news at present rordeb

Cheers
    Al

Hello Al

Does that mean some people on direct to exchange in skerries have had their broadband upgraded?
    I see from COMREG that Skerries was a pilot town for Efibre via exchange - has anyone apart from those in the pilot been upgraded?

Cheers rordeb

Cheers
    Al

Hello Al

Does that mean some people on direct to exchange in skerries have had their broadband upgraded?
    I see from COMREG that Skerries was a pilot town for Efibre via exchange - has anyone apart from those in the pilot been upgraded?
    Hi rordeb

There are no line on New street that can avail of eFibre.

Yes there are many areas and many customers in Skerries that have upgraded to efibre and continue to do so.

If you visit this map - click on NGA fibre broadband network then click on "All" located to the right hand side of the page you will see all the cabinets upgraded : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

Hi rordeb

Yes there are many areas and many customers in Skerries that have upgraded to efibre and continue to do so.

If you visit this map - click on NGA fibre broadband network then click on "All" located to the right hand side of the page you will see all the cabinets upgraded : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

Hello Al

That's not my question - my question is are there customers in Skerris who are directly connected to the exchange enjoying efibre type services (excluding those who may be on some form of a pilot)?

I understand there are tons of people in Skerries linked to fibre cabinets.

Thanks

Rory

Hi rordeb

Thanks
    Al

Hello Al

That's not my question - my question is are there customers in Skerris who are directly connected to the exchange enjoying efibre type services (excluding those who may be on some form of a pilot)?

I understand there are tons of people in Skerries linked to fibre cabinets.

Thanks

Rory
    Apologies rordeb

The exchange based cabinet has launched and service is provided to some areas from it.

Thanks
    Al

Apologies rordeb

The exchange based cabinet has launched and service is provided to some areas from it.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al

So in late August you should have an update on the exchange serving new street - is there any way to expedite the upgrading of the exchange servicing New Street?

Apologies rordeb

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al

So in late August you should have an update on the exchange serving new street - is there any way to expedite the upgrading of the exchange servicing New Street?
    Late August is the best approximate date rordeb - In fairness I would like to suggest getting back to me in July and I'll check for an update on this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Late August is the best approximate date rordeb - In fairness I would like to suggest getting back to me in July and I'll check for an update on this for you

Cheers
    Al

Thanks Al

Rory

Advertisement