Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I get broadband ?

Options
  • 14-03-2014 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Examining my options. I have what looks to be an old phone line in my hall. Whats the best way to see if I can get brodband/efibre ?

Sorry im not much of a techy so not sure what I need to do. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Owryan wrote: »
    Examining my options. I have what looks to be an old phone line in my hall. Whats the best way to see if I can get brodband/efibre ?

Sorry im not much of a techy so not sure what I need to do. Cheers.

Go to eircom.net and order broadband and type in you're address should tell you if you can get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Cheers for the above.

The link on the eircom page suggests I can get "up to 70mb" with efibre. So how do I check wah I would be able to Get? Also how can I find out if I need a phone line or not ? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cheers for the above.

The link on the eircom page suggests I can get "up to 70mb" with efibre. So how do I check wah I would be able to Get? Also how can I find out if  I need a phone line or not ? Cheers
    Hi Owryan

If you would like to PM me your address I will see what is the fatest speed your line can hold.

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent , anything ?

Pm sent , anything ?
    Hi Owryan

Apologies for the delay.

For regular broadband the line can hold up to 15MB speeds. This line can also hold efibre which will deliver speeds of up to 100MB (the max eircom offer is 70MB at present though).

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Figured I would update this. Well took the plunge and ordered efibre unlimited for €40 pm. From order to install (today) was 2 weeks which was pretty good considering the easter break. Getting consistent 90 MB+ wired and 50-60 on wifi so happy enough but still early days.

How do I create my online account tho? Keeps asking for a phone number but I dont have one

Figured I would update this. Well took the plunge and ordered efibre unlimited for €40 pm. From order to install (today) was 2 weeks which was pretty good considering the easter break. Getting consistent 90 MB+ wired and 50-60 on wifi so happy enough but still early days.

How do I create my online account tho? Keeps asking for a phone number but I dont have one

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Owryan

Delighted to hear all has gone well :)

Unfortunately the 'my eircom' online account is not available to efibre customers yet. I have been advised that there are hopes to have this available soon but no confirmed launch date yet established. As soon as this is available I'll make sure to create plenty of awareness and notifications on our forums :)

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Owryan

Unfortunately the 'my eircom' online account is not available to efibre customers yet. I have been advised that there are hopes to have this available soon but no confirmed launch date yet established. As soon as this is available I'll make sure to create plenty of awareness and notifications on our forums :)

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Ah rite. Does that mean the sports hub is off limits ?

Hi Owryan

Thanks
    Al

Ah rite. Does that mean the sports hub is off limits ?
    Hi Owryan

Sportshub is no longer available unfortunately. I was closed down on the 30/10/2013.

Thanks

Al

Hi Owryan

Sportshub is no longer available unfortunately. I was closed down on the 30/10/2013.

Thanks

Al
    You might want to up date your literature so. The "welcome to eircom" pack I got yesterday extols the joys of the sports hub lol.

• Advertisement

Hi Owryan

Thanks

Al
    You might want to up date your literature so. The "welcome to eircom" pack I got yesterday extols the joys of the sports hub lol.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks Owryan

Sorry about that, I’ll pass this to operations.

Al[/font]

Advertisement