Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB account problems

Options
  • 14-03-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I opened an account 10 days ago (last tuesday) with AIB.
    They said that I will receive my Internet Banking account and debit card through post mail, in the next days.
    I received the internet banking information through post, but i didn't receive any card.
    Furthermore, my employer said that my wage couldn't be payed to that account (tried twice, once last week, imediatly after opening the account and also 2 days ago).
    Also, when accessing Internet Banking, on some services I receive the message: "An active AIB Visa Debit or AIB Visa Credit Card is required to use this service. There are no active Visa Debit or Visa Credit Cards linked to your Internet Banking."
    Called AIB and they said that my account is active and I should have no problem receiving money, and that i didn't get the card because it was a mixup with the address (I wonder how could they have sent the internet banking information if they had a wrong address).
    I double checked and triple checked the NSC/account number/PSC/IBAN that I gave to the employer, to see why the money didn't reach my account - and it all the information seemed ok.
    What should I do now with the employer saying it cannot pay me to that account, and the bank saying that is no problem to receive money? And how long does it take for a debit card to be emitted by AIB?

Advertisement