Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Madness 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

What a terrible call

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nothing worse than the refs deciding it instead of the players.

Michigan hold off Tennessee 73-71 to go to the Elite 8 but that call......

UConn are Elite 8 bound taking out 3 seed Ohio State 81-76

Gators take down Dayton 72-62 and are heading to the Final 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Michigan v Kentucky was a great game last night. The Harrison twins were huge down the stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4e298e4e0c42843a9ad5ca426fbf02cc.png

Predictions for tonight lads?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A kentucky - Florida final for me. I really love what Cal has done with this Kentucky team. There's no standout player like in previous years, just a solid group of well coached guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »
    4e298e4e0c42843a9ad5ca426fbf02cc.png

Predictions for tonight lads?

Kentucky + Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Really looking forward to bothe of these games. I think the UConn Gators game will be a lot closer than people think. Florida should still win but Connecicut won't make it easy, and if they are still in the game coming down the stretch I would back them to knock off the Gators. I love Napier, he has put this UConn team on his back, and has been unbelievably in the clutch. Should be a great night of ball on ESPN!

• Advertisement

UConn couldn't score for all the 1st half and then reel off 11 straight to make it a 1 point game. All because of Napier penetrating and finding the open man.

buyer95 wrote: »
    UConn couldn't score for all the 1st half and then reel off 11 straight to make it a 1 point game. All because of Napier penetrating and finding the open man.

Good and all as Napier is I think Floridas strength in numbers should see this out over the 40 mins

UConn win by 10.

Unreal result. Fair ****s to the Huskies, looked on course for a beatdown early doors. 3 ball deserted the Gators tonight. General offense was rough in truth.

Paully D wrote: »
    UConn win by 10.

Well that showed me...

TNT is desperate for a Wildcats win..

What a insane finish!!! Kentucky win at the death.

So, who's everyone rooting for in the Final tonight?

Hoping UConn pull through myself.

Yeah I'm hoping for a UConn win too, more because I dislike what Calipari has done since getting the Kentucky job. Grantlands Mark Titus summed up my feelings on the whole thing quiet well.

After all, a big part of college basketball’s popularity comes from the sense of community it creates. Shabazz Napier isn’t just a good basketball player to UConn fans — he’s an ambassador. He’s one of them. He’s from the same area and goes to the same school they went to. He maybe even stayed in the same dorm, took classes in the same buildings, got drunk at the same bars, did keg stands at the same frats, grabbed fourth meal at the same Taco Bell, peed in the same elevator on the way back to his room, and passed out in the same bed as some of them. The one-and-done guys at Kentucky do what’s best for them (as they should), but you can’t help but wonder if they were in Lexington because they wanted to be a part of the UK experience, or if they were just there because the NBA told them they had to be

Anyway I'm hoping for a great championship game, the last time that UConn were in the final it was a stinker. I think Kentucky probably shade it but I hope I'M wrong!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

In fairness its not Cals job to create a family atmosphere on the UK campus. His job is plain and simple, to win basketball games. If that means getting the likes of Anthony Davis and John Wall to come to play for a year then so be it in my opinion. The person to blame would be the AD and Athletics board.

• Advertisement

Pity this is on so late as there's no chance of me being able to catch any of it. I'd like to see UConn win it but think Kentucky will take a close one by less than 5.

In fairness its not Cals job to create a family atmosphere on the UK campus. His job is plain and simple, to win basketball games. If that means getting the likes of Anthony Davis and John Wall to come to play for a year then so be it in my opinion. The person to blame would be the AD and Athletics board.

I don't blame Cal, it's more of a personal thing, of what I believe college sports should be about. What is promising is that Adam Silver has stated that he will make moves to make players stays in college a 2 year minimum.

Wont catch it live(damn you 9 o clock lectures) but will catch it at some stage tomorrow.

Naiper and Boatright lighting it up early doors

Go on you Huskies, UCONN win! :)

BkqzCZWIUAAUuVZ.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Some good pics on Rip Hamilton's twitter over the last 24 hours:
    https://twitter.com/ripcityhamilton

edit:
    'On my way to the game wit the Phoenix Suns mascot @nate_robinson' :)

Congrats to UConn on a great win, delighted for them. Epic dissapearing act from Randle, which could see his draft stock drop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement