Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Card Fees

Options
  • 14-03-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Just got a letter from AIB detailing fee advices for the last 3 months. I've been with AIB for a while but I can't recall getting one of these letters before. Anyway, it shows that each time I use my debit card I'm charged 20 cent and each time I withdraw money from a machine I'm charged 35 cent.

I'm just wondering if these are normal rates or would they be considered high? I know 20 cent doesn't seem like much on its own but it all adds up. The total charge for 3 months of using my debit card has amounted to over €40.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes it is now, got one today for €30. Putting a different slant on the term, Bank Robbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Daylight Robbery. Move to different bank

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

I reckon half the problem is the banks shot themselves in the foot in the property bubble by offering free banking, which, like their idiotic lending to property developers and consumers was not sustainable.

The banks are a business and are there to make money, plain and simple. If the Bank you are with isn't working for you, vote with your feet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Just got a letter from AIB detailing fee advices for the last 3 months. I've been with AIB for a while but I can't recall getting one of these letters before. Anyway, it shows that each time I use my debit card I'm charged 20 cent and each time I withdraw money from a machine I'm charged 35 cent.

Time to switch to PTSB, where the same usage, is free of charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement