Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad look for accomodation

Options
  • 14-03-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Ive just started a postgraduate course here in ul and am currently looking for accomodation. I have a friend in limerick who is working and doing exams so we are looking for places that would be in a quiet area, good quality houses, warm, etc. We have been looking in places such as woodhaven, groody, etc and have been using sites such as daft.ie, rent.ie etc to help us but have not been successful. We understand that more houses will become available at may when the exams are over but we need a place now. We are not interested in the usual student places such as college court, milford grange, elm. We also commute but not interested in living in the city. Any suggestions?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NewEd

I use Daft to advertise but rooms usually go in a few hours. You need to be watching the page and quick off the mark really. There are some nice houses if you have a car and move a small bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Perpetual Student

Head towards Annacotty (old and new), estates like Bloomfield, Newtown, Glenside, Riverbank, Castlemara. There's usually quite a few houses up for Riverbank - nice quiet estate, houses are usually pretty warm, lot of families, postgrads and young professionals there. and pretty cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Have a gander down towards Groody and Brookfield. Theres estates there (in order of their distance from the college) Curragh Brinn, Bru na Grudan and Cois Gruda that are all grand. Some students live in the first two but theres a lot of families there but you've got student villages nearby in Troy, Groody and Courtyard. The last though seems to be relatively student-free, I know its popular with postgrads.

Advertisement