Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RFD Dundalk

Options
  • 14-03-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone know of an RFD in or near Dundalk. Looking to buy shotgun cartridges.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

None in Dundalk anymore unfortunately, Choices are Top Gun in Drogheda, Ardee Sports in funnily enough Ardee or if you have the paperwork theres a couple in Newry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

cw67irl wrote: »
    None in Dundalk anymore unfortunately

There is. That guy Flash down by the fairways is still hard at it and last I heard Mark Sweeney is still selling cartridges... (no idea where he is based now though, I haven't seen him in years)

Flash? is it John Carrol in Dromiskin??

Hadnt realised Mark was still in business last I had heard he was out of it completely!

Hadnt realised Mark was still in business last I had heard he was out of it completely!

Yeh I thought that myself too, haven't seen him since he left Wherlys. But was out cracking at a few clays one day (making a show of myself :P ) and one of the lads was saying he's still at it, heard hes only got an ammo licence though :confused:

• Advertisement

BillyBoy13 wrote: »
    Yeh I thought that myself too, haven't seen him since he left Wherlys. But was out cracking at a few clays one day (making a show of myself :P ) and one of the lads was saying he's still at it, heard hes only got an ammo licence though :confused:

I probably have his number il have to dig it out at home!!

Will update if I find anything out!

I probably have his number il have to dig it out at home!!

Will update if I find anything out!

If you want I'll pm it....

EDIT: Also if anyone wants I can PM Flashs number- he definitely is still dealing.

Does he have much (flash) he wasnt long at it when i was out with him last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Flash is hard to get as he drives lorries on the continent I think.... Ardee would probably be your best bet as its open 6 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

anyone ever get a price list and whats available from ardee ? Id be willing to make the drive if I knew what was there but they have incredibly poor communication skills :(

• Advertisement

Mezamo wrote: »
    Flash is hard to get as he drives lorries on the continent I think.... Ardee would probably be your best bet as its open 6 days a week.

He's an ambulance driver. Just give him a call and he'll tell ya what days/hours hes working that week and he'll always work something out.

Does he have much (flash) he wasnt long at it when i was out with him last!!

That was a fair long time ago :P Yeh he has a decent bit of stuff, obviously not as big as Ardee Sports or Sportsden etc but yeh hes not bad.

Snakezilla wrote: »
    anyone ever get a price list and whats available from ardee ? Id be willing to make the drive if I knew what was there but they have incredibly poor communication skills :(

For guns they have plenty (although they tend to be a bit on the expensive side). Just about every make and caliber you can think of. They also have a section at the back with some really nice top of the line shotguns. Shotguns up around the 4 and 5K mark. Some really beautiful stuff.

If on the other hand your looking accessories, you know scopes and mods etc or hunting gear I wouldn't bother driving that distance for the little bit they'd have.

For guns they have plenty (although they tend to be a bit on the expensive side). Just about every make and caliber you can think of. They also have a section at the back with some really nice top of the line shotguns. Shotguns up around the 4 and 5K mark. Some really beautiful stuff.

If on the other hand your looking accessories, you know scopes and mods etc or hunting gear I wouldn't bother driving that distance for the little bit they'd have.

It would just be ammo I am after.

It would just be ammo I am after.

Emm... I cant really comment on that. I only really buy ammo from them when Im really stuck. Usually its shotgun cartridges and they always have a decent selection. Not so sure about rifle ammo. Maybe call up again and ask for Tony this time. I always try and deal with him (hes actually a gunsmith) but hes a top class lad, knows his stuff and he should be able to sort you out. Or failing that, give Flash a shout- he'll definitely sort you out.

Ardee can be good for buying ammo in bulk depending who you deal with David or Tony would be the men to deal with!!

That was a fair long time ago :P Yeh he has a decent bit of stuff, obviously not as big as Ardee Sports or Sportsden etc but yeh hes not bad.

Probably about 9/10 years since i was out with him!

Ardee can be good for buying ammo in bulk depending who you deal with David or Tony would be the men to deal with!!

Thats exactly what Id be after. Im thinking bulk .223 and HMR and shotgun ammo but Im just wondering what prices are like and what selection there is. When I got through on the phone the last time I was fobbed off. I actually knew Tony very well from his time in The Gun Gallery. I dont think I have ever met a more sounder man in all my years. He's an absolute gent.

Thats exactly what Id be after. Im thinking bulk .223 and HMR and shotgun ammo

Might aswell throw this out there.... when Im buying bulk I always give Brian Duffy over in Galway a shout to see what he can do. Hes give me some cracking deals over the years. The website prices are obviously the prices for buying single boxes www.shoot.ie but give him a call and see what he can do for bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mac10guns

Got a number for John Carroll .... Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Charles87

If you want I'll pm it....

EDIT: Also if anyone wants I can PM Flashs number- he definitely is still dealing.

Hi just wondering have u got that man flash number?

I dont think flash is open at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I am in Dundalk. and while Ardee is good, they are big.
    You just can't beat Ivan in Drogheda for going the extra mile. The shop is only open sat and wed (not him). and he will open evenings by appointment.

I have asked for unusual stuff, and always got it...
    Prices reasonable too.

ligertigon wrote: »
    I am in Dundalk. and while Ardee is good, they are big.
    You just can't beat Ivan in Drogheda for going the extra mile. The shop is only open sat and wed (not him). and he will open evenings by appointment.

I have asked for unusual stuff, and always got it...
    Prices reasonable too.

That lad on Wednesday knows his stuff 😉😉😉😉

Advertisement