Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 3 Factions

• 14-03-2014 11:37pm

What are your top 3 factions of all time?

1. The Hart Foundation - When I started watching in 97 I thought the hart foundation was great. Always fond memories!

2. nWo - It went **** when so many were added but the original 3 of Hogan, Hall and Nash stand out.

3. DX - Of around 98/99. I liked it with HHH, HBK and Chyna but when they added Bad Ass, Road Dogg and Xpac, I think they were at their best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm gonna pick factions that I remember seeing in real time so that eliminates a few.

1. DX- as a kid I remember thinking how cool and funny these guys were and how they made the guys they were feuding with look a bit lame by comparison.

2. The Corporation- A huge part of the Attitude era and a corner stone of some of the top feuds of that time. As an added benefit it gave many a chance to showcase their comedic ability.

3. Evolution- Sure it was probably a bit of a four horsemen rip off but there was some tremendous feuds to come from it and their big break up was expertly done and basically made Batista.

Honourable mention for the SES, Punk's promos at the time were the only reason I'd tune into Smackdown, also a mention for the Main Event Mafia. I didn't regularly watch WCW in real time so I can't pick the NWO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What are your top 3 factions of all time?

1. The Hart Foundation - When I started watching in 97 I thought the hart foundation was great. Always fond memories!

2. nWo - It went **** when so many were added but the original 3 of Hogan, Hall and Nash stand out.

3. DX - Of around 98/99. I liked it with HHH, HBK and Chyna but when they added Bad Ass, Road Dogg and Xpac, I think they were at their best.

I'd say if you add in the 4 horsemen you would have the top 4 for most lists you would find online in some order there.

I always liked the time when The Ministry, The Corporation and The Nation (of Domination) were all about too personally.

A whole host of honourable mentions though like The Dangerous Alliance and The Straight Edge Society (mostly based off potential that I include them) and The Radicalz. Evolution will get a good few mentions although personally they wouldnt be near the top of my list nor would the Nexus although their debut was epic

Lower down the card and from a comedy / Novelty standpoint there is always the BWO / Right to Censor etc

yeah I know thats not my top 3 but thought it might be handy to name a big load of them early to re-jog peoples memories although I guess some like The Shield will be fresh to all (albeit perhaps too new to make many lists)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

1 The Four Horsemen (Flair, Arn, Tully, Windham)

2 The Four Horsemen (Flair, Arn, Tully, Ole)

3 The Four Horsemen (Flair, Arn, Tully, Luger)

/Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Remember WCW on telly and the Dangerous Alliance (Paul E.) Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko, Michael Hayes, Medusa.

Heenan family.

Raven's flock. :p

The dangerous alliance were pretty damn awesome too, its a pity their run was so short. Having said that, the fact that WCW didn't drag the arse out of it is probably why they're so fondly remembered.

• Advertisement

People can add the worst factions as well if a mod can edit the thread!!

Watching old nitros in the last few years, the dungeon of doom seemed liked the F'N ****s!

Spirit squad!

The cabinet with JBL!! The Bahsam brothers and Orlando Jordan - enough said!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not in order

The Shield - How often do 3 new guys come in and make the impact they have ? Mightn't be on everyones list now but no doubt will be in future years when all 3 are top stars

Evolution - Brilliant idea for a stable. All benefited from the stable, and came out better for being in it

NWO - Words not needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

1) The Hart Foundation
    2) Cornette's Stable of Owen, Bulldog & Vader
    3) Evolution

People can add the worst factions as well if a mod can edit the thread!!

Watching old nitros in the last few years, the dungeon of doom seemed liked the F'N ****s!

Spirit squad!

The cabinet with JBL!! The Bahsam brothers and Orlando Jordan - enough said!!

The Dungeon of Doom has got to be the worst faction ever. Some of the gimmicks were unbelievably bad. I think I remember reading that at the time WCW were trying to recreate Sullivan's famous Army of Darkness faction/storyline/gimmick from the Florida territory but failed miserably. What still confuses me is how WCW creative went from creating possibly one of the worst factions in history to one of the best within a 12 month period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

1. N.W.O. Helped change the business completely.
    2. Hart Foundation. All technically excellent wrestlers.
    3. Original 4 Horsemen. The best heel faction of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

DX: The post WM 14 version. If I rewatched a lot of their stuff it would probably be rating extremely cringey but at the time they seemed so cool.

The Ministry: Think this one was more about unfulfilled potential but the idea behind it was great, and Undertaker was creepy as f*ck (although AE podcast has kinda ruined this a little for me).

The Radicalz...short lived and didn't really have many stand out moments but their introduction was a great way to make them seem like a big deal.

Hart foundation will always be a tag team to me, so it's odd seeing them in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You might enjoy this thread. Ran it here last year. All about people's favorite factions.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057080967/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

1) The Shield
    2) Corporation
    3) DX

Honourable mention for RTC but they were never getting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

based on alot of peoples votes, the top 50 and bottom 50 http://www.cagematch.net/?id=29&view=topflop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

1)Evolution
    2)The Corporation
    3)Right to Censor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Advertisement