Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any metal or rock bars in Wexford?

Options
  • 15-03-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

I haven't been in Wexford for too long, having moved from Limerick, and so far I haven't found a venue I could enjoy going to for music. I enjoy punk, metal, so on, but most don't seem to host anything, and if they do, it's trad' or singer-songwriter stuff. Might any one have an idea as to where I might be able to go for a pint or two and listen to some heavy sounds?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Punk and Metal chased out of wexford along time ago its all folk and singer/songerwriter music tough a few bands once in a blue moon do a bit of rock

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

I haven't been in Wexford for too long, having moved from Limerick, and so far I haven't found a venue I could enjoy going to for music. I enjoy punk, metal, so on, but most don't seem to host anything, and if they do, it's trad' or singer-songwriter stuff. Might any one have an idea as to where I might be able to go for a pint or two and listen to some heavy sounds?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat.
    Moved down from donegal and when I was up there there was one or two bars that had a dedicated night for metal. What part of wexford are ye?

I'd be interested in finding a place for some good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm around Killinick, a few minutes from the town. It's kind of a bummer that there's little to no local music scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm around Killinick, a few minutes from the town. It's kind of a bummer that there's little to no local music scene.

Oh there is a very strong healthy local music scene in Wexford its just the metal/punk side of things just faded away but just because your taste is not catered for don't be so dismissive of what wexford has to offer regarding music.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Oh there is a very strong healthy local music scene in Wexford its just the metal/punk side of things just faded away but just because your taste is not catered for don't be so dismissive of what wexford has to offer regarding music.

To be fair he hasn't seen much music to his taste. I wouldn't say he's being dismissive just stating the facts as he sees them. The "local music scene" is not to my taste but each to their own I say :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 wolverette

Next Saturday night Shane Kenny & Brownstone Station are playing in Sky & the Ground in Wexford with Guests. They are a loud hard rock band. Seen them play a couple of times and really enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Does the Art Centre still do the occasional gig? They were often fairly decent when I lived down there. If not, Sky and the Ground is probably your best bet. The upstairs bar has had good music on the few times I've been there but I wouldn't call it a metal or punk bar exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

There is more of a heavy/punk scene in New Ross. They have a punk festival there every year. Keep an eye on a band called Found on the Floor. They have a facebook page and often play in New Ross and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

im into bands like h.i.m,nightwish,avenge sevenfold and the only place the music doesnt drive me mad is the sky and the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Eliza1 wrote: »
    There is more of a heavy/punk scene in New Ross. They have a punk festival there every year. Keep an eye on a band called Found on the Floor. They have a facebook page and often play in New Ross and Waterford.

I've since been told that this band has split up. Check out Dole City Punx on Facebook for information on gigs in Waterford/New Ross. You never know there might be some organised for Wexford town in the future too....

• Advertisement

So I was thinking, anyone want to have a meet up somewhere for a few drinks? Sit around, hope for some decent tunes or something.

So I was thinking, anyone want to have a meet up somewhere for a few drinks? Sit around, hope for some decent tunes or something.

I'd be up for it. Although with a young family,.during the day or early evening would be sound.

Sounds grand. I guess The Sky And The Ground might be the first port of call. How does Wednesday next week sound to everyone?

Sounds grand. I guess The Sky And The Ground might be the first port of call. How does Wednesday next week sound to everyone?

Any chance the start of May would suit as I'm away in two weeks so keeping funds for that? Wexford town is it ur on about?

Spudy67 wrote: »
    Any chance the start of May would suit as I'm away in two weeks so keeping funds for that? Wexford town is it ur on about?

Or 30th April

30th in Wexford town would be grand, maybe some other people would want to come along between now and then.

30th in Wexford town would be grand, maybe some other people would want to come along between now and then.

Maybe start a new thread with venue and time?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭bohspunks

Hi lads, theres a gig on in new ross next tuesday, its a French punk band, a hard rock band, an indie band and an industrial dj so somethign for everyone,
    gig is at new ross cdp, barrack lane and its byob and only a fiver, line up is

Tuesday April 29th New Ross CDP, byob, 8.30 with Killer Dogz, DJ Fracture, The Blackmail House, 5 euro, any questions just ask

Advertisement