Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two day banning from A&A thread

Options
  • 15-03-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was banned from the Aviation & Aircraft for two days for the following exchange;
    And what is generally said about the demeanour of most victims of suicide before they commit the act? Are most people not shocked that somebody whom seemed happy would do such a thing?

Reply: Well here's a fact, the EgyptAir flight that went down, the demoted Captain had been told he would not fly when he returned home again, The suicide last Nov, another company issue.
    How do you know what happened to these men in the days before the flight?

Reply: The investigations into both? I don't throw out rubbish on the forum. Well, every single thing I've responded to you I've provided more information why they wouldnt you a have not once provided information to the contrary and you can't because there is no evidence.
    Are you saying the investigations are conclusive? What if they had kept it private?
    What 'more information'? That because there was mitigating circumstances on an Egypt Air flight that that applies to all flights and pilots? Can't you see how ridiculous that is?

Reply: Do something useful and read the report on EgyptAir 990. I'm not going to continue repeating myself for you. And can you see how ridiculous it is to blame it on suicide when you have no information to suggest such a thing!?

- -

I was blocked for the term ''Useful'' - I believe that is a gross over-reaction to a statement which has multiple interpretations, I did not attack the poster - And simply as he confirmed, we were in disagreement on the issue we were discussing. I really do believe blocking was the wrong response.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to a reply,

Regards,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Jack - the first step of this process is for you to discuss this issue with the Mod in question over PM.

Please confirm you have done this and kindly advise as to the outcome.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Taltos wrote: »
    Jack - the first step of this process is for you to discuss this issue with the Mod in question over PM.

Please confirm you have done this and kindly advise as to the outcome.

Thanks
    Taltos

Hello, yes discussed via PM, no satisfactory outcome reached unfortunately.

Regards,
    Jack.

Hi Jack.

I have had an exchange with the mod that issued this two day ban. They explained their reasoning behind issuing the ban, keeping it simple they explained you were uncivil, and having just come back from another ban they had no option but to apply a longer ban again.

Looking at your posts (including the deleted ones which are actionable) I cannot say I disagree.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89465929&postcount=2649
    Do something useful and read the report on EgyptAir 990. I'm not going to continue repeating myself for you. And can you see how ridiculous it is to blame it on suicide when you have no information to suggest such a thing!?

Just looking at this quote, it's not just your use of the word "useful", you effectively called another poster or their viewpoint "ridiculous", as well as just dismissing their view because they had "no information to suggest such a thing". So as you can see it's a combination of your responses, any one is not good but all together your whole reply is just not on. I hope by going through the above you can better understand why the mod felt they had to take action for your post.

So here's my suggestion, once your ban is up tomorrow please take some time to re-read the charter and site rules. If you find you cannot post in a way that does not cause or is likely to cause offense then please consider not posting. Can I also suggest you take a vacation from this thread as it appears to be causing particular issues for you (2 bans in 2 days), otherwise if you continue to post in this manner chances are you will earn yet another but longer ban.

If you are still unhappy with this we can bring this to the Admin team, however with the weekend that is here it might take a few days, though we could be lucky.

Thanks
    Taltos

Admin team can we please close this thread. OP has not been back to ask for Admin review. Ban ruling stands.

Thanks
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement