Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cut to Irish organisations funding

• 15-03-2014 2:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the full score on this?
    http://www.gaelport.com/nuacht?NewsItemID=11021

Funding (at least how it is distributed now):
    níl aon nod tugtha ag Foras na Gaeilge an mbeidh aon tseirbhís eile le teacht ina n-áit, nó an mbeidh aon scéim mhaoinithe eile á chur ar fáil ionas go mbeidh deis ag na seirbhísí leanúint ar aghaidh faoi mhúnla maoinithe eile.
    will cease from the end of June for the websites, beo.ie, saol.ie, and gaelport.com.
    Also funding for Nós magazine, Feasta and an tUltach, is to be cut also.

Does anyone have any other information on what is going on behind the scenes here?

Meanwhile, as I also read elsewhere, Gael Linn has secured funding under new set-up. I'm sure other organisations have been chosen also.

Has any Irish media outlet secured funding? Comhar, perhaps? Anyone else? Is this new set up to provoke better standards or to encourage more merging between the groups?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I hope Nós doesn't go back into hibernation - an dara uair a ghlac mé síntiús leo agus a tharlaíonn a leithéid :(

Níor chuala mé faic faoi seo - ach má tá aon nuacht eile faoi beidh an suim agam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

pog it wrote: »
    Does anyone know the full score on this?
    http://www.gaelport.com/nuacht?NewsItemID=11021

Funding (at least how it is distributed now):
    will cease from the end of June for the websites, beo.ie, saol.ie, and gaelport.com.
    Also funding for Nós magazine, Feasta and an tUltach, is to be cut also.

Does anyone have any other information on what is going on behind the scenes here?

Meanwhile, as I also read elsewhere, Gael Linn has secured funding under new set-up. I'm sure other organisations have been chosen also.

Has any Irish media outlet secured funding? Comhar, perhaps? Anyone else? Is this new set up to provoke better standards or to encourage more merging between the groups?

Quite a big shake up of the funding system under foras going on.
    Gael Linn and five other organisations will continue to be corefunded (Out of 19 up till now) others include Conradh and Oireachtas na Gaeilge.

As for media, Comhar will still be funded as far as I know, and they have a new online newspaper in the pipeline. Other than that its all up in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

GaelMise wrote: »
    Quite a big shake up of the funding system under foras going on.
    Gael Linn and five other organisations will continue to be corefunded (Out of 19 up till now) others include Conradh and Oireachtas na Gaeilge.

As for media, Comhar will still be funded as far as I know, and they have a new online newspaper in the pipeline. Other than that its all up in the air.

That is brilliant news about Comhar. Do you know if they plan to continue with the magazine in print along with the new online venture? Also will the website be arts based like the magazine?

Grudaire wrote: »
    I hope Nós doesn't go back into hibernation - an dara uair a ghlac mé síntiús leo agus a tharlaíonn a leithéid :(

Níor chuala mé faic faoi seo - ach má tá aon nuacht eile faoi beidh an suim agam.

I've never actually seen Nós! What do they cover?

I've never actually seen Nós! What do they cover?

It's a bit of everything really - generally sections on style, ceol, teicneolaíocht

A few random articles. Very well presented and readable. Definitely worth a look to see if you'd like it. :D

• Advertisement

Tá sé deas feiceáil go bhfuil gaelgeoirí sásta seasamh ar shon a cearta i bealach dearfach.

Ach tá díomá orm go bhfuil gá orthu rudaí mar seo a rá - Níl RTÉ ag déanamh a jab i gceart..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

That is brilliant news about Comhar. Do you know if they plan to continue with the magazine in print along with the new online venture? Also will the website be arts based like the magazine?

I don't and its a good posibility that Foras dosent even know yet. :(

Advertisement