Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Chelsea EPL K.O 17:30 SS1/HD

1235»

Comments

He cost Chelsea the game long before that incident. Or do you think he didn't contribute to the Villa win?

Only saw the last 8 minutes. Missed the goal and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I will be shouting for Spurs and Utd for the first time in my life tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

blueser wrote: »
    Or the ref at the Hull vs City game today. Painfully incompetent. There are a lot of poor refs out there now.

the standard this season has been really poor. really poor. having said that, it was a hanball today and a deserved red for ramirez. didnt see the other sending off. villa did well, chelsea need a real striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hopefull take Oscar with him too and Torres.

I duno when chelsea were down to 10 men I'd much prefer Torres up front. Jose had to lump Ivan up front because ba is useless. Torres is still the best choice for us, he is just back from injury and not match fit.

understandable!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Brilliant by Mourinho getting himself sent off.

watch the churnalists suck it up and not a mention of the absolutely disgusting tackle by Ramires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

THANK GAWD FOR THE GREAT GATSBY OVER 'ERE... :mad:

Decisions by all officials today have been awful, seriously awful. Don't know how they get away with it. Seriously. What an amateurish bunch. It's getting really pathetic at this stage.

Ive no problem with the red, it was deserved

Disallowed goal was rightfully disallowed

The red for Willian is a joke and as its 2 yellows it cant be appealed either. :rolleyes:

you've then got Ramires going through on goal before getting taken out and only a yellow being given

And a couple of terrible offside calls, more than one too I might say.

Ah well only the 4th loss and we're still top no matter what happens tomorrow so no biggy

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Im telling Kess.

• Advertisement

I duno when chelsea were down to 10 men I'd much prefer Torres up front. Jose had to lump Ivan up front because ba is useless. Torres is still the best choice for us, he is just back from injury and not match fit.

Why not play Etoo whos fully fit and our top scoring CF in the league?

I was expecting Torres to play midweek TBH.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Im telling Kess.

He already knows :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Phoenix wrote: »
    foy really has it in for Chelsea

League leaders away to Villa and the referee gets criticism? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

dfx- wrote: »

Really, did you see the game?

Make no mistake we were sh*te but Foy and his team werent great at all today.

I'm really annoyed over Willian as it cant be appealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Delph's Awesome goal is going to be forgotten about with all the other stuff going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DazMarz wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Never have I seen a referee so intent on robbing a team.

-The Matic goal. There is NO WAY in hell the linesman can make that call. Ever. No way could he have seen the ball. Fair enough, there was contact with his upper arm, but that is the poxiest handball decision I've seen in some time.

So let me get this right....you're complaining about him making the right decision? :pac:

Really, did you see the game?

Referee involved in four or five moments in 95 minutes. What were the league leaders doing for the rest of it, the majority of which was 0-0.

Referee involved in four or five moments in 95 minutes. What were the league leaders doing for the rest of it, the majority of which was 0-0.

The league leaders were playing with 10men before Willian got sent off coz Torres was useless.

Oh how I long for a decent CF which makes me even more amazed that Etoo didnt start, Torres should have been kept for the mid week game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

For all Rami's good points, he can be some braindead eejit!
    Lost the ball for the goal, constantly running into dead ends and that 'challenge' was plain scummy, not that I consider it a challenge, he knew what he was doing.
    Again I wonder has Willian ever successfully run past a player, he's shockingly bad at running at defenders!

Apart from the Torres offside, I can complain too much (though Willian 's 2nd yellow was harsh given what Foy let go previously), that's no excuse for the display.

For all the talk about Foy, we didn't make Guzan work AT ALL!

Killinator wrote: »
    For all Rami's good points, he can be some brainteasers eejit!
    Lost the ball for the goal, constantly running into dead ends and that 'challenge' was plain scummy, not that I consider it a challenge, he knew what he was doing.
    Again I wonder has Willian ever successfully run past a player, he's shockingly bad at running at defenders!

Apart from the Torres offside, I can complain too much (though Willian 's 2nd yellow was harsh given what Foy let go previously), that's no excuse for the display.

Ramires is the definition of a limited player, hes all pace and directness but his distribution is terrible.

Also hes got previous for those dirty type incidents.

anyway the league is now wide open and City must be now the new favourites to win it.

• Advertisement

Jose having a bit of a break down I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Jose has lost the plot in this interview!

Killinator wrote: »

This. Very much this.

Waiting to win 0-1 is a dangerous game.

just saw the second yellow for willian.

Absolute farce of a decision!!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    just saw the second yellow for willian.

Absolute farce of a decision!!

And it cant be appealed either which should make Jose happy at all.

anyway we got what we deserved from the game, nothing.

We had all the ball but Guzan was a passenger all game, not good enough when youre pushing for the title IMO.

Its all down to City now and if they can win it from here but everye will still drop points somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I didn't watch the match, but saw the main incidents there. Ramirez was definitely a red. Willian's red was ridiculous, the second yellow was hardly even a foul. The disallowed goal was probably correct if a little harsh. The Villa one where Ramirez was brought down was correctly a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So is that Ram and Willian out for the Arsenal game?

gosplan wrote: »
    So is that Ram and Willian out for the Arsenal game?

Yup.

Will probably be replaced by Lamps, Luiz or Mikel and Schurrle for Willian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

monkey9 wrote: »
    I didn't watch the match, but saw the main incidents there. Ramirez was definitely a red. Willian's red was ridiculous, the second yellow was hardly even a foul. The disallowed goal was probably correct if a little harsh. The Villa one where Ramirez was brought down was correctly a yellow.

Don't forget Mourinho's red, It was a definite aswell.

• Advertisement

This goal should not be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

zarquon wrote: »
    Jose has lost the plot in this interview!

He is tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Willians sending off was a very poor decision. It didn't even look like a foul never mind a yellow card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ah, I've calmed down a bit now, swallowed a bit of pride and fúck it... onwards and upwards. Bad loss today, but just hope that next week Chelsea can kick the living shíte out of Arsenal... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice :).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just saw the goal - unreal, pity all the talk will be about the 2 reds and Mourinho spitting the dummy out - tiresome in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Just saw the goal - unreal, pity all the talk will be about the 2 reds and Mourinho spitting the dummy out - tiresome in the extreme.

And when he got sent off, it was quite satisfying to see jose and Lambert shake hands, and then Lambert gives him a patronising pat on the head like jose usually does to other managers. It gave me a giggle anyway.

Advertisement