Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The malt house, athlone

Options
  • 15-03-2014 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks, I have not been in athlone in a long time but since the last time I was down I know that a few new pubs have emerged! What do ye think of them, in particular the malt house as my wife is considering booking her friends hen in there! On their Facebook they seem to be a very hen friendly place!! But in general what's the local peoples opinions of the place(comfort, staff, ambiance etc) as you can't tell too much from a Facebook page! My wife and her friends are already booked into the prince hotel for the night! Any help would be appreciated :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

They do seem to pull out the stops when it comes to these parties. Probably most hen or stag friendly place in town plus they do some good drinks offers.

Former bar was a bit of a dive and more for those with a poor quality fake id.

Michelle the bar woman is lovely and always up for a laugh. Worth going to especially considering location. Handy for karma and viva. Saving on taxi and of course walking too far in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

They do seem to pull out the stops when it comes to these parties. Probably most hen or stag friendly place in town plus they do some good drinks offers.

Former bar was a bit of a dive and more for those with a poor quality fake id.

Michelle the bar woman is lovely and always up for a laugh. Worth going to especially considering location. Handy for karma and viva. Saving on taxi and of course walking too far in heels.

+1 Michelle is spot on and good craic. And they seem to have gotten rid of the few messers they had drinking in there, even though it was never really that bad when I drank in there.

They do loads of different beers but I'm not sure how bothered about that kinda thing a Hen Party would be. All that said, perfect location for clubbing afterwards.

Advertisement