Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to level garden,rotovate and re-seed

• 15-03-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Looking to get it levelled and re-seeded so i can have a nice flat grass lawn for the summer. Garden is 7.5m wide and roughly 15m long.

Has anyone got this done before and if so can they recommend a gardener on northside dublin?

Also, if anyone has any advice on a rough price for doing a job like this id appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Please make advertisements by PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

SDR wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking to get it levelled and re-seeded so i can have a nice flat grass lawn for the summer. Garden is 7.5m wide and roughly 15m long.

Has anyone got this done before and if so can they recommend a gardener on northside dublin?

Also, if anyone has any advice on a rough price for doing a job like this id appreciate it

Thanks in advance

You and a couple of friends could do it in a day...it's really not difficult and it's very satisfying.

Check online for turorials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

similar situation, live in swords, rear of garden is a sloped. thinking of leveling it all flat..

i have a large shed on one side, what would i do with that? level one side, move shed (somehow) and level other side, then move shed back?!

theres wooden fences dividing the gardens, with the standard cement pillars holding them, is it even feeasable to level such a garden, as i have no idea how far the cement pillars are placed.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    similar situation, live in swords, rear of garden is a sloped. thinking of leveling it all flat..

i have a large shed on one side, what would i do with that? level one side, move shed (somehow) and level other side, then move shed back?!

theres wooden fences dividing the gardens, with the standard cement pillars holding them, is it even feeasable to level such a garden, as i have no idea how far the cement pillars are placed.

cheers

All very possible, but can involve considerable work. We do this very regularly and if you pm me I'll be happy to send you some details.

I'll post some photos later.

Concrete posts can be up to 3.0m long so you can work out from your panel height how much may be in concrete footing!

Advertisement