Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 31 Transfers.

• 15-03-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭

If Aguero is still injured, will get RVP in or otherwise Kompany in for Azpilicueta.
    It goes without saying, captain choice will be critical.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If Aguero stays injured, going to take a -4, getting gerrard in for ince and dropping Aguero for someone double game-weeky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lallana out for Yaya.

Would folks consider Mata to Gerrard for a hit worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Hart and Distin in for Marshall and Ward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lallana out for Yaya.

Would folks consider Mata to Gerrard for a hit worth it?

Considering the way Utd are playing and his form, over 2 games Gerrard should outscore him, plus penalty duty. Got Mata out for Henderson to allow Ade to Aguero this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

unless anything drastic changes

lallana out for a cheap 5th mid who I won't be using this week (jedinak etc)
    Kompany in for vidic or shaw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Ade - Jelavic
    Lallana - Gerrard
    Gab - Rosenoir
    Snodgrass - Januzaj

Not sure about bringing Januzaj in yet. Will be a 12 point hit but should pay off hopefully with the doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

oh no. i didnt know aguero was still out. i hav him as captain, wit suarez as vice captain

Henwin wrote: »
    oh no. i didnt know aguero was still out. i hav him as captain, wit suarez as vice captain
    I hope it was at least an Adidas Hamburg or a nice one like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Three match ban for kompany now.

What way will city line up then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

1 game for professional fowl I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Only one match ban I heard as it wasn't violent conduct

Wasn't violent conduct. Should be one match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    unless anything drastic changes

lallana out for a cheap 5th mid who I won't be using this week (jedinak etc)
    Kompany in for vidic or shaw.

something drastic did happen, with Kompany out for the Fulham game not much point in bringing company in for just united away when so many other players have 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

The plan was to cash in JRod for a DGW striker but 16 points from his last two has me thinking I may keep him and just do Ince to AJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bar Struiddge and Suarez, what striker would you buy for the DWG?
    I'll pretty much be able to get anyone but RVP, but not really sure who to go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So far just Zaha to Ox.

The plan was to cash in JRod for a DGW striker but 16 points from his last two has me thinking I may keep him and just do Ince to AJ.
    Or if Shaw keeps his rise tonight I have just enough for Zab. Hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can't afford Yaya and Gerrard so I'll be taking a hit for Ivan to Zab and then Lallana to Gerrard.

Yaya will come in for Mata then for GW32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Need to make one of these transfers-

Flanagan- Collins/ Bardsley
    Sterling- Sissoko/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

skippy15 wrote: »
    Need to make one of these transfers-

Flanagan- Collins/ Bardsley
    Sterling- Sissoko/ ?

Collins was dropped today for West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Collins was dropped today for West Ham

Thanks noticed he went up, but not he was dropped lol

skippy15 wrote: »
    Thanks noticed he went up, but not he was dropped lol

Winston Reid was only going to be kept out of that team for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Giving a bit of consideration to Dzeko instead of Lukaku. Seems to be starting every game while Aguero is out and has shown in past seasons (and against Spurs in January) that he's well capable of a big score. Toying with a few ideas but it's almost certain I'll be taking an 8 point hit either way.

Aguero out for either Lukaku, Rooney or Dzeko.
    Ince out for either Yaya or Gerrard
    Azpiliceuta out for either Flanagan, Skrtel or Zabaleta

I really want Skrtel for the DGW but this means not having Gerrard as I have SAS already. Needs to be a choice between one or the other. Leaning towards Skrtel at the minute. 4 goals already this season and has a great run of fixtures coming up. Yaya will be coming in either this week or next. As for Aguero's replacement, I've narrowed the gap on my rival to just a few points and he has Lukaku so I could go with him as a blocker. It would mean having to downgrade Skrtel to Flanagan who I'm a bit wary of in terms of gametime. Would also mean relying on clean sheets as Flanagan doesn't really get forward.

Either way I'll have 10 for the DGW, plus Hazard.

Any thoughts on Terry/Olsson to Zabaleta. Not just for GW31, but also for rest of season. Considering Man city playing twice in GW31, and having another DGW to come, plus already have Chelsea cover in form of Hazard.

Also thinking Zaha to Ox. Have no Arsenal cover, Ramsey return delayed again, and no Ozil, looking like Wenger will be featuring him abit.

City have another 2 DGW's after GW31. Most likely in 34 and 37.

roryc wrote: »
    City have another 2 DGW's after GW31. Most likely in 34 and 37.

Even more reason then maybe. Only concern would be Citys rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Even more reason then maybe. Only concern would be Citys rotation.

Ill bw leaving City defence till next dgw's. No Kompany for first game this week then Man Utd.

Prob get Kolarov before 34 assuming he nails the place back ahead of Clichy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Would love a Hull defender, Chester, for this dgw but dont really think its worth a hit to get him for Kos who has a double already or Ollson who has Sunderland at home.

Think I'll be going:

Ivan/Terry to Zabaleta.
    Lallana to Gerrard.

I will be delaying all transfers until Friday to confirm team news though. I've 4 million or something stupid in the bank so couldn't care about price rises/falls now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got 14.3 million to spend on two midfielders not sure who to bring in

Was thinking Gerrard or Silva but that wouldn't leave me a lot for the second one Livermore or Noble at least seem like the best of what's on the double game week

Other choice could be to bring in two 7 million players, Nolan/Henderson/Sissoko/Sterling

Anyone got any advice on what'd be best to go with?

Got 14.3 million to spend on two midfielders not sure who to bring in

Was thinking Gerrard or Silva but that wouldn't leave me a lot for the second one Livermore or Noble at least seem like the best of what's on the double game week

Other choice could be to bring in two 7 million players, Nolan/Henderson/Sissoko/Sterling

Anyone got any advice on what'd be best to go with?

Who do you have currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Who do you have currently?

Not much my midfield is pretty weak only double week player is Yaya. Players I'm getting rid of are Ince and Lallana

Other two midfielders are Mutch and Delph

Not much my midfield is pretty weak only double week player is Yaya. Players I'm getting rid of are Ince and Lallana

Other two midfielders are Mutch and Delph

Out of the ones you listed, if you were to go for Gerrard, I would add Nolan. Personally I would get Hazard ahead of Gerrard, and thats as a Liverpool fan, and add Sterling. I have always tried to sway from two players from the one team in the same position, although I did make an exception for SAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Maybe as a United fan I'm just feeling extremely disgruntled right now but I'm giving serious thought to taking another -8 and doing Rooney, Mata and Lallana out for Studge, Gerrard and Silva.

It probably makes a hell of a lot of sense if not a month too late for 2 of those transfers, I'll try and clear the head and come back to it but yeah I'm just getting fed up of this season!

Is Dummett a cert to keep his place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Mata to Gerrard is firmly in my mind now. Mata plays far, far too deep and Van Persie and Rooney keep taking free kicks thus taking away 50% of Mata's potentail ff points.
    Yaya or Silva for Lallana is for sure.
    Might make a defensive change too, not sure if it's worth it a hit though.

right so I've ended up with 12 players for the DGW and also have Hazard, going to ignore FF for a week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'll be making 2 defensive transfers for -4. Have Bruce (dropped), Chambers (dropped) and Smalling (seemingly injured). Have 2.3 in the bank, so will get Flanagan in for Chambers for certain. The other transfer depends on Smallings injury: if it's not serious and he might play, I'll do Bruce to someone (would have about 5.7). If Smalling will be out for a while, I'll swap him for Zabaleta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have 9 outfield Players with Doubles for next week.

I am pondering whether to sell my midfield sub Sidwell for Sterling (would mean benching Hazard for the week) or swapping Mata for Gerrard. I would have to buy Sterling tonight as he is rising and can't afford him for tomorrow.

Another option would be to sell Boruc for Adrian (other keeper is Speroni and want to keep him for DGW 34)

Any Opinions? I would be taking a 4pt hit as have already sold B Turner for Chester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Mata and Vidic out
    Gerrard and Chester in.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    right so I've ended up with 12 players for the DGW and also have Hazard, going to ignore FF for a week now.

How did you manage that?

How did you manage that?

had 9, wanted Gerrard, but could only do that by getting ride of Lallana and Shawcross, and then thought it was time to get rid of Jones with the extra cash,

So

Lallana, Shawcross and Jones out
    Gerrard, Bony and Dummett In

12 DGW players, one is Bruce who is probably dropped now.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    had 9, wanted Gerrard, but could only do that by getting ride of Lallana and Shawcross, and then thought it was time to get rid of Jones with the extra cash,

So

Lallana, Shawcross and Jones out
    Gerrard, Bony and Dummett In

12 DGW players, one is Bruce who is probably dropped now.

Not a waste of a transfer though when only 11 can score?

Not a waste of a transfer though when only 11 can score?

Hazard V Arsenal is not exactly guarantee anything, Gerrard is must have, Bony has Everton and Arsenal game, and has better long term games.

Bruce has been dropped by hull so chances of playing are slim, so really only 11.

Gerrard isn't a must have, I was debating between him and Yaya before the Liverpool game and scoring 2 of 3 penalties hasn't changed my opinion much. 10 league goals this season, 8 of them have been pens! And another pen in the FA Cup against Arsenal. I might still get him in for the DGW but it's a choice between Gerrard + Zabaleta or Yaya + Flanagan.

Gerrard penalty bubble has to burst some time? Right? (*mutters while regretting selling him last month*)

I really want to get rid of Mata but already maxed on Liverpool; can't wait to sell him after the DGW.

Collins and Smalling have created dilemmas that I could have done without.

As has Colback. Still haven't figured out why he was dropped/rested

Watching todays game made up my mind -- Mata will only score points by accident. He'll be out for Gerrard for a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Why did Collins not play for West Ham?

• Advertisement
Advertisement