Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech sensor wiring

Options
  • 15-03-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I recently had some building work done which involved replacing the windows and door at the back of the house. The builders wired up sensors but the 2 zones that ran to that part of the house are now open. I#m trying to figure out how they wiried everything and where the issues are but thing that is not making sense. The windows are all wired with HKC sensors, one is missing a contact magnet and there is an aritech sensor over the rear door given its location I assume its a shock + contact - it looks like http://rspl.web.ie/product_detail/G02GS613/146.

When I open it up there are 2 sets of terminals, a 2 terminal block on once side which seems to be the tamper and a 4 terminal block on the other beside the magnet on the door itself but when I use a multimeter in the 4 termina lblock none of the circuts break when I open the door. Its wired with 2 black wires in terminals 1 and 2 and terminals 3 and 4 have been joined. I'm wondering if its a contact sensor at all and the magnet for it is the one they forgot to add to the window.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

On the 4 way terminal block two are for the shock and two for the magnet. Having the loop in is correct if the reed is in use.
    If you disconnect the cores wired into the terminal block does the system show open?
    If you now use the multimeter does the reed show open when you open the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eoinbyr

The system shows open on the zone all the time (another issue - there is more than one sensor on the circut) but the multimeter shows a closed circut on both the contact and reed circults regardless of if the door is open or not. The reed seems to work but the contact part of it is always closed. Its as if there is just a reed and not contact sensor at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eoinbyr

I think I may have figured it out - I think the builders may have thought the 2 different alarm wires of the initial 2 zones were supposed to be one big loop so they may have just joined them colour to colour somewhere which would mean the black cable in the contact sensor is probably connected to the same common on the alarm panel so even with the door open there is still a closed circuit back at the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

eoinbyr wrote: »
    I think I may have figured it out - I think the builders may have thought the 2 different alarm wires of the initial 2 zones were supposed to be one big loop so they may have just joined them colour to colour somewhere which would mean the black cable in the contact sensor is probably connected to the same common on the alarm panel so even with the door open there is still a closed circuit back at the panel.

Good to see you have it sorted.
    I have seen some funny things letting builders wire up extra sensors :D

Advertisement