Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent need of some Devils Claw

• 15-03-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

We messed up.

We ran out of devils claw about 2 or 3 days ago. Only ordered more last night and probably won't be delivered until mid next week, due to the bank holiday weekend.

Is there anyone in the Naas, Newbridge, Kildare, Dublin, or anywhere remotely close, that has some to spare? I reckon 5 or 6 teaspoonfuls will tide us over until our delivery. I will pay cash or give back 3 times the amount we borrow.

Our nine year old Nufi can barely walk and is in a good bit of discomfort.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

http://www.avogel.ie/herbal-remedies/devils-claw/

Would this help? There's a list of stores in every county where it can be bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

http://www.avogel.ie/herbal-remedies/devils-claw/

Would this help? There's a list of stores in every county where it can be bought

Cheers pumpkin. Got sorted by j the Naas branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just as an FYI, they sell it in Holland & Barrett too. Glad you got sorted! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

OP what specifically do you use the Devils Claw for in your dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

aonb wrote: »
    OP what specifically do you use the Devils Claw for in your dog?

Long term arthritis, as well as meloxadyl (spelling) artriade and fish oil. We stopped giving her the devils claw mix from Husse and 4 to 6 days later, she couldn't walk. I'm no professional I put one and one together and got 50.

She's had arthritis for 3 to 4 years and is getting progressively worse, as it does. We brought her to hydrotherapy this morning, as that usually helps. It was at that point we were advised to get her an emergency appointment in the Vets. They took her straight in. She has a swollen right rear leg but no obvious signs as to cause. But it's not the arthritis.

They are keeping her in for observation and xrays etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Interesting. Must go and check Devils Claw out - for my husband!! (and the elderly dog, though the arthritis in his shoulder seems to be static at mom)

Hope its nothing too serious, and you get your girl home soon.

Advertisement