Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees cut down along canal

Options
  • 15-03-2014 1:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

A significant chunk of trees along the Eglinton Canal opposite Upper Canal Rd, just south of the millenium park have been cut down. The public don't have access to this area anyway. It really takes away some atmosphere from the area
    Why have they been cut down?
    SJXFkhml.jpg?2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I's imagine maybe some of the trees were unsafe after recent storms. That would be the only justified reason to cut them down - safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That area is fenced off isn't it? There were no very large trees there so I find it hard to believe they'd do this for safety reasons. Maybe they are going to extend the park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Is the land public or private?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Is the land public or private?
    Don't know. I'd have thought it was part of the parcel of land transferred by the Church to the Council

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BlueBrown

Green areas and woodlands are few and far between these days. This is just wrong. Safety my arse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement