Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's day parade with children

Options
  • 15-03-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I'm planning to take my children (9 and 11) to see the parade in Dublin. Thinking of getting Luas or Dart into town for aout midday. where do people suggest I aim for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

bisset wrote: »
    I'm planning to take my children (9 and 11) to see the parade in Dublin. Thinking of getting Luas or Dart into town for aout midday. where do people suggest I aim for.

Not sure whether you'll see anything by that stage. The route starts filling up from 9:30am, it'll be jammered by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I know we may not get to see that much but would like to get some of the atmosphere. The website says it starts at 12.00 and I know kids will get bored if they have to stand around for longer than 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

parnell sq around hugh lane gallery.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

I wouldnt bother you never see anything and youll be standing around in the freezing cold

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

We done Christ church one year and seen everything, didn't go in early either!

• Advertisement

Avoid the Central Bank area. Full of young people drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

When my brothers kids were young, he used to go to City Hall on Dame St. There are steps there that you can stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What time does the parade hit Christ church?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

stehyl15 wrote: »
    I wouldnt bother you never see anything and youll be standing around in the freezing cold

That's the spirit! :confused::confused:
    Bit late now OP but I always liked to watch the parade from where it starts up near Phibsboro. All the floats and bands stand in position before moving off so you get a great view. Last year I actually went up on the balcony of one of the blocks of corporation flats and had a birds eye view.

Advertisement