Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke Shot Saver; Opinion

Options
  • 15-03-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

Giving one the once over, anyone use them?,
    Accurate?, Worth it?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have one, worth what you spend on it. I've used it for .22lr's, .17hmr's, .22 hornet, .223 and .308 and it has gotten every rifle I used it for on paper
    (A4 sheet on an upturned standard cardboard fruitbox at 50m for centerfire and 25m for rimfires) and fully sighted with a minimum of shots fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

If it is not too expensive, why not?

I think they are more of a luxury for most applications. With that said, I do have a laser bore sighter.

I usually recommend them if you are shooting expensive stuff like 338LM. However, in Ireland, just about everything is expensive, so you may be well off getting it.

If we want to do a cost analysis (:rolleyes:). Suppose you save a five rounds a year of 308. How many years does it take to pay off the cost?

I like the Leupold boresighter that CliveJ cited in another post. However, it no longer appears to be sold.

Have you a leveling kit or some other proper way to level? I think they are more of a need, than a bore sighter. Especially, out past 400ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Giving one the once over, anyone use them?,
    Accurate?, Worth it?.

Had one didn't think much of it and sold it on ASAP.

As Fisma said a fixed level on your scope rail is more beneficial at long distances. And a level scope on your rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

A friend has one that i have used on my hmr.
    Setting up with the shot saver always leaves mine low and to the right by about 4 inches @100 yards.
    His 22lr however is always spot on with it,

Its prob useful to get on paper but i wouldnt rely on it for zero.

Advertisement