Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transmitter

• 15-03-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me a few reccomendations for a transmitter, i have a nitro buggy and im getting a drift car, so i would be looking for something compatible with them, preferably not the wheel style and uf possible for under E50

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭CNTRLR

what make is the nitro buggy? and the drifter? are the radios with both the same.. if they are it may be cheaper to just bind it to the car you want to use,
    If you want to get a transmitter, you will more than likely have to get 2 receivers, one for each car, then just get a transmitter with a multi model memory,
    have a look on adverts there are some transmitters there usually, or if all else fails hobby king, will have one but just make sure it has multi model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

CNTRLR wrote: »
    what make is the nitro buggy? and the drifter? are the radios with both the same.. if they are it may be cheaper to just bind it to the car you want to use,
    If you want to get a transmitter, you will more than likely have to get 2 receivers, one for each car, then just get a transmitter with a multi model memory,
    have a look on adverts there are some transmitters there usually, or if all else fails hobby king, will have one but just make sure it has multi model.

Nitro is an ofna hyper 7 and the car is a hsp flying fish, i would prefer to just get a digital transmitter that i will swap both it and reciever back and forth as i highly doubt i would use both cars at the same time, im just not sure on what to get as there is so many available, i have used hobby king before for other stuff but looking at the transmitter sections is just goboldy goop to me

had a look at both cars there and i think the receivers are both removable which is a good thing, which means you can take out the receiver thats in the 2 cars and put in what ever you like,
    on hobby king the car radios are out of stock so order from the international warehouse, it will take 3-4 weeks to come in.

this receiver should suit your needs, it might look complicated but its actually not, its very easy to use and has multiple model memory

it comes with one receiver, so order this receiver swell so you have one for the other car, but i would advise that you get a spare receiver, as at that price its cheap enough to have a spare. They do say that they are compatible with each other so should be fine on that count.

i had a look round on hobbyking there and found these two,
    https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23165__Turnigy_GTX3_AFHDS_2_4ghz_3_Channel_Radio_System.html and
    https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24905__Turnigy_3XS_FHSS_2_4GHz_3_Channel_Radio_System.html

with them prices i will be able to afford a second and third receivers, my next question is what servo do i get for my drift car as it has an analog servo in it? any recommendations?

thanks for the help btw, much appreciated

that radio is what i use for my beach buggy, it does the job perfectly, it may take a bit of setting up with the carb on the nitro and the esc on the drift, basically just adjusting the endpoint of the carbs, so that full throttle is the same as fully open carb and that idle is at the correct amount of opening of the carb, for the esc, the car should come with a manual about to set it up etc, its all fairly easy to do once you take it easy and do things nice and slowly and step by step.

for the servos, thats a tough one, the servos that are on it should do, they will work fine with this radio, it does not really matter if they are digital or analogue servos,( the only main difference is digital is a more modern setup, the actually difference is just the the type of signal sent to the little motor in the servo) the main thing to watch for on servos is size and torque, so if its a steering servo and it has to fit into a tight compartment then that is the limiting factor, but if you are going to get new servos, then get a high torque one for the steering that fits into the compartment and for the throttle a mid range one will be fine again as long as it fits in the compartment of the car. on hobby king you can check the size of the servos on the page.

• Advertisement

which radio is that? i have ordered the gtx3 and 2 extra receivers along with a digital servo, also ordered a motor and esc for the drift car, hopefully all will work together , id normally go to an irish retailer but they cost atleast twice as much as the stuff overseas, just with having so much choice i didnt know what to get or what would work

the gtx3 is what i use for the buggy, the problem with hobby king is that if you have a problem they won't really help, whereas if you use the local store they will help you out,
    google is usually a good place to start for combinations of esc and engine, but again you have to be careful as just plugging in an esc and engine combo can cause problems, such as the gears etc of the car, worse case would be that the esc and car are either too powerful and strip the gears or are not powerful enough and you can't get speed up to drift..

but usually there will be someone else who has had a similar problem and will have posted online about it, so just searching on google with the make of the car and something like "engine upgrade" usually will throw up a few answers.

well i have a friend who is good at rc stuff, just he hasnt a clue about transmitters as he has a good one for several years now, he will help out with the rest of the car stuff, esc and motor etc, but many thanks for the help :)

no worries, just let me know if you need anything else..

Advertisement