Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery Replace Laptop Help!!!

• 15-03-2014 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

HI,

I have a 13 inch macbook pro laptop had it about 6 years now and never acted up on me its great but just today i seen in corner said battery replace?
    I have no idea where to go about this a apple store is it and how much would it cost me. Hope i dont have get a new laptop cause dont have money for this and will i be left without laptop when changing battery i would like it be done during that day if could?

Any advice i appreciate it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

If it is a model that the user can replace the battery (it most likely is), you buy an after-market battery. You can open the back battery compartment and see the model number for the battery and order it from a number of sellers ebay included. The prices would be in the 20-40 euro range. If you are in Dublin there are a a couple of places, google or it, you will find one. And they can replace the battery for you, If the battery is not holding charge, search for "battery not charging" in Apple forums, there are some tricks the user can do.
    Jthrppel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

jthrppel wrote: »
    If it is a model that the user can replace the battery (it most likely is), you buy an after-market battery. You can open the back battery compartment and see the model number for the battery and order it from a number of sellers ebay included. The prices would be in the 20-40 euro range. If you are in Dublin there are a a couple of places, google or it, you will find one. And they can replace the battery for you, If the battery is not holding charge, search for "battery not charging" in Apple forums, there are some tricks the user can do.
    Jthrppel

Thanks very much for getting back to me i think understand i am living in Cork City Centre i know there is a Apple store there to mabey i go in and ask them think? I would be afraid to take anything apart not good that sort thing. When they putting new battery in will my information on laptop be gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks very much for getting back to me i think understand i am living in Cork City Centre i know there is a Apple store there to mabey i go in and ask them think? I would be afraid to take anything apart not good that sort thing. When they putting new battery in will my information on laptop be gone?

Your data will be safe but the store may not be able to do it on the spot if their repair technicians are based in another location. For example if the shop is in a prime retail location, they may do repairs & upgrades somewhere else to keep the rent costs down.

It won't cost anything to go and ask, easier to to phone them to see what the procedure and cost will be. Either way, getting it done in an Apple store will be the most expensive option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

HI,

I have a 13 inch macbook pro laptop had it about 6 years now and never acted up on me its great but just today i seen in corner said battery replace?
    I have no idea where to go about this a apple store is it and how much would it cost me. Hope i dont have get a new laptop cause dont have money for this and will i be left without laptop when changing battery i would like it be done during that day if could?

Any advice i appreciate it

Thanks

Can you see the outline of the battery when you turn over the laptop? There may be a silvery circle with a slot to put a coin in to turn it. Here's a pic of a Mcbook, but it should be similar stacks_image_291.jpg
    if it is the case you can change it in about 20 seconds. Either Stream in Wilton or CompuB in Patrick St should be able to order one for you. I would strongly advise against buying one on eBay. Lithium batteries can be problematic enough, without buying a dodgy chinese copy.

Advertisement