Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in soccer forum

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right I'm going to try and keep this brief

Firstly we are talking about a warning (yellow card) not an infraction (red card)
    Secondly all posts from that thread that were reported were acted upon by the local mods. The posts you refer to do not appear to have been reported.
    Thirdly another post from the soccer mod along the same lines as the one you linked was reported and the mod received the same treatment as you - a yellow card. To be clear it is often the case that mods will act upon a specific post in such situations and will not necessarily look to act on each similar post separately
    Regardless those posts are irrelevant to your own appeal
    Your post was reported as abusive towards a player. The mod looked at the report and decided a formal warning was appropriate. I agree. Yellow card upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this should you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I didn't call Ramires Scummy, I like him as a player, his tackle was. He almost broke the guys leg.

If I had said that's a fcuking disgusting tackle from Ramires how it is any different?

Would prefer an admin to review if possible, I know its only a yellow card but I feel its the wrong call.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've asked the Admins to have a look. I'm not sure how long it will take given it's a bank holiday weekend and I'm going to be AFK from Tuesday for a few days

No worries don't mind waiting

Anyone have a chance to look at this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hi nuxxx,

I've lifted that card as it was possibly no worse than one or two other posts. However, using the word "scum" is any context in inviting a card. I suggest you choose a different term next time so as not to get flagged. Consider this as your one *free* one.

Also, in defense of Mars Bar, as Beasty said, sometimes similar posts don't get carded because often the mod is working off reported posts and in a fast moving thread like that, in a busy forum there isn't the hours in the day to go back and look for missed abuse.

Other un-carded posts shouldn't really count as a defense.

Good luck.
    Dades

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement