Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    got my second phantom email 'application update'....i wonder is it a sign i will get it today!? it would be great if i did, getting very close to my other permit expiring! i submitted stage 2 on the 31st March.

Should have it today or tomorrow :D going from others experiences.
    I'd mine 5 hours after 2nd update mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Just got my Port of Entry letter!! Cannot believe how quick it all went after so many months of waiting for it to open and then missing out on Round 1 by seconds!

Submitted CIC at 21:45 on 3rd April
    Got "phantom" mail at 21:45 on 4th April
    Got POE at 22:10 on 4th April

Sooo relieved it's all done, and thanks to all who helped. See you all in Canada, woo hoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Hey guys.Can anyone recommend a good site or download for merging PDF files?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 amr_lady

Marko10 wrote: »
    Hey guys.Can anyone recommend a good site or download for merging PDF files?

http://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brokenghost

HOWAYAS!

I seem to be having a problem with the CIC section of the process, and I noticed that another user, 'Sunflowa', was having the same problem. When I try to upload my documents I keep getting error messages. It has been this way for several days and yet, going by most of the posts above, everyone else seems to be getting through just fine. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I've tried using a different browser, different computer etc and even mailed the people at CIC (I was told there is usually a two month waiting list for them to get back to enquiries, which is cutting it a little fine as I only have three months before the CAO expires and the POE process can take up to eight weeks, although it seems to be a lot quicker than that on average). I also tried ringing them but ended up in automated gobbledegook land. So if anyone can help me here, I'd really appreciate it. Starting to freak out!

One other thing: I got my Garda clearance in early January, almost three months ago. I've heard from some places that it must be within three months of your application, and in others that it must be within six months. If anyone can verify which is true, that'd be awesome too.

Thanks for the help peeps. Here's to the shindigs we'll have in Calgary! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

HOWAYAS!

I seem to be having a problem with the CIC section of the process, and I noticed that another user, 'Sunflowa', was having the same problem. When I try to upload my documents I keep getting error messages. It has been this way for several days and yet, going by most of the posts above, everyone else seems to be getting through just fine. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I've tried using a different browser, different computer etc and even mailed the people at CIC (I was told there is usually a two month waiting list for them to get back to enquiries, which is cutting it a little fine as I only have three months before the CAO expires and the POE process can take up to eight weeks, although it seems to be a lot quicker than that on average). I also tried ringing them but ended up in automated gobbledegook land. So if anyone can help me here, I'd really appreciate it. Starting to freak out!

One other thing: I got my Garda clearance in early January, almost three months ago. I've heard from some places that it must be within three months of your application, and in others that it must be within six months. If anyone can verify which is true, that'd be awesome too.

Thanks for the help peeps. Here's to the shindigs we'll have in Calgary! ;)

I had problems uploading files that were too large, and I don't think the error message pointed out what the problem was. Check that your file sizes aren't massive! (can't remember exactly what the limits are)

Garda clearance must be under 3 months old as far as I know, but don't take my word for it, check the FAQs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

HOWAYAS!

When I try to upload my documents I keep getting error messages.

What do the error messages say?

I previously had a problem uploading documents to cic, it kept telling me something like "error 502 bad gateway", and then logging me out. I eventually got everything uploaded by repeatedly logging in and trying again and again, but it took a while. My best guess is that my internet speed was too slow and the site timed out.

If you are getting the same error, I suggest trying it on someone else's internet access.

pyrosever wrote: »
    What do the error messages say?

I previously had a problem uploading documents to cic, it kept telling me something like "error 502 bad gateway", and then logging me out. I eventually got everything uploaded by repeatedly logging in and trying again and again, but it took a while. My best guess is that my internet speed was too slow and the site timed out.

If you are getting the same error, I suggest trying it on someone else's internet access.

Yes, it's the error page: "Error 502, page unavailable".

I was getting similar stuff when I was filling out forms on the CIC website, but after repeated efforts they were finally accepted. However, with the documents upload section, nothing seems to be working. The internet speed should be fine where I am - I thought maybe it was because I was using the notoriously bad windows 8, but I tried it from a different computer too and got the same results. So frustrating!!

I will keep trying and let you know. Thanks for the pointers. If anyone else has any input it would be very welcome!

Aha okay I think I am making some progress now. I had been focusing on the Work Permit Application. I tried uploading the photograph instead and it was fine, as was the garda clearance, passport scan and CV. The ones I am having difficulty with are the Work Permit Application, Family Form and Conditional Acceptance Letter. I think it's something to do with the security settings in Adobe 11. I'm almost sure that if I print the forms off instead and then scan them up and save them as new files it should work. However, it seems a little strange that this problem isn't documented elsewhere on the thread. Has nobody else experienced similar problems? For example with the Conditional Acceptance Offer, if you download it from your Kompass account it is in a secured format. When I try to upload this it will not work, and I think it's the format that is the reason. (So printing it off and scanning it and saving it as a new file should work). If anyone has any insights here, or similar stories, please let me know.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Just got my POE :) applied on wednesday and as you can see from earlier posts i was pretty nervous about my application, but its all good now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

My company got my flights today to Saskatoon will be over on the 14th of April :D They have me in a hotel untill the 30th so i can find an apartment, Thank God i got my POE :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Smellysack

Just got my POE :) applied on wednesday and as you can see from earlier posts i was pretty nervous about my application, but its all good now :D

Damn, I'm still having problems. Can someone please list out step by step how then uploaded the Work Permit Application, Family Form and Conditional Acceptance Letter to the CIC site? I know it sounds ridiculously simple, but for some reason I am unable to do it. Here's what's happened: I got my CAL through Kompass - it's a PDF file that I downloaded. When I try and upload it, the site gives me an error message. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? It's the same story with the Work Permit Application and Family Form - I've filled them out online, saved them (well, a copy, Adobe will not let me save a regular version due to the security settings) and they look fine on my desktop. But, as before, when I try to upload them I get an "Error 502 page unavailable" message. All the other documents - Garda Clearance, CV etc upload fine. Something just isn't adding up here. How did everyone else get on? Are you just downloading from Kompass and uploading again without problems to CIC? Is there something I'm forgetting to do? Printing off the documents and scanning them up is another option, but my printer is a little troublesome so I'd rather not do it that way - it doesn't print perfectly and I'm 99% sure the files wouldn't be accepted.

If anyone can help or give any pointers, I'll be eternally grateful, and buy them a few beers in downtown Toronto!

Cheers,

Bg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

Just got my POE, delighted!

Was a little bit more worried than most, I'd a little indiscretion on my police check that I thought might throw a spanner in the works. But I applied, had no contact with CIC then approval within 4 days.. lovin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 icequeenx

aaahhhhh the CIC web site is driving me crazy, don't have a clue at what to do.. anyone else like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

icequeenx wrote: »
    aaahhhhh the CIC web site is driving me crazy, don't have a clue at what to do.. anyone else like this?

No, because if you relax, and take 10 minutes to READ the website, maybe check out the first post on this thread and watch the howto videos; you'd know exactly what to do and have it completed, checked and submitted in no time at all.

thanks faith...

@Grumpy.. watch them thanks. think ill wait till i have all documents before i fill in.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Hi Folks, just got a message in my CIC asking for a traffic history report from the Victoria Australia where I'm living at the moment. I haven't driven out here and the only way of getting a report seems to be dependent on VIC Roads having my license details.

Has anybody else had this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

PPOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanking yewiz all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

seen this cracker on the fb groups

"im on the digital photo stage now what exactly is that and how do u go about it"

without belittling anyone what kinda person asks that kinda question

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

alexsmith wrote: »
    PPOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanking yewiz all

when did you submit your application to cic? i submitted Monday morning and nothing yet :-(

i know there shouldnt be a problem but i really need this in the next 2 weeks as my permit expires end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    when did you submit your application to cic? i submitted Monday morning and nothing yet :-(

i know there shouldnt be a problem but i really need this in the next 2 weeks as my permit expires end of the month.

You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

GrumPy wrote: »
    You'll be grand.

i know but i just needed to vent lol. now im off to get myself a philly cheese steak poutine :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Thora

Yay just got my POE, My WTN was 1820 on first round and just submitted the docs Thursday :)

Absolutely delighted, was expecting a longer wait time, so relieved after that entire process. I opted not to complete the optional survey that popped up after submitting the docs, after being on the CIC website Thursday for three hours, not exactly the most user friendly, was sweating buckets that I'd make a mistake and feck up my app.

Chanced my arm refreshing my email there and got lucky, hope everyone waiting gets sorted sooner rather than later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 animal2012

goingitalone you hope 400 people dont get through from the waiting list? why do you go on this site if your just going to run down peoples genuine inquires! best of luck with that once you leave ireland, trust me theres no room for individuals like that in a country you don't belong too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

animal2012 wrote: »
    goingitalone you hope 400 people dont get through from the waiting list? why do you go on this site if your just going to run down peoples genuine inquires! best of luck with that once you leave ireland, trust me theres no room for individuals like that in a country you don't belong too!!!!

well no it was an direct actualy reply to your question . it was

29b2h07.jpg

as in your only hope getting a off the waiting list and getting a chance to apply for place . is that if 400 people dont get thought the n you get called up from the waiting list
    so no i did not run down any question i gave you an actual answer to a question you asked 3 times in a row . so read it a little more closer before you make a stupid post ! and run down genuine inquires . ive actually answered allot of people on here infact!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Jesus. That's harsh! Goingitalone has been helping many people on this site. They give you an honest answer (That you are on waiting list until 400 people get refused visa) and you misinterpreted it then give abuse!! Real nice.

Good incentive to help people more. Don't mess up your application guys, there's an abuser about 400 down the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

I think you totally misread that one, the comment was letting you know the situation with your position and wasn't negative towards anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Animal,

For you to get offered a visa place from the waiting list, 400 people would need to get refused or pullout ect so you will be in for a long wait if that even happens. That's what goingitalone was trying to explain to you. You completely misread it!

Advertisement