Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Submitted my cic application a couple of days ago and got an email asking for my police cert although I submitted it. I am going to submit it again but I am a quite confused as to how to do this. Has anyone had a similar problem?

It is asking for document number, issue date and expiry date

Anybody know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Submitted my cic application a couple of days ago and got an email asking for my police cert although I submitted it. I am going to submit it again but I am a quite confused as to how to do this. Has anyone had a similar problem?

It is asking for document number, issue date and expiry date

Anybody know anything?

Assuming you live in the North like myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Nope from Dublin and the Irish one is the only one I need, as in I haven't lived outside of Ireland. I had submitted my police cert which is not up until 27/4. So all I could do is submit it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ciaran12

Got that job offer! :D Little less than I was hoping for on some fronts so gonna have a chat with them about it. All going well I'll be booking flights for the end of this month! :D

EDIT: Now that I've got my POE and everything, I guess this stuff isn't really relevant to this thread anymore! Oh well... Hope to see some of you guys in Calgary!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

ciaran12 wrote: »
    Got that job offer! :D Little less than I was hoping for on some fronts so gonna have a chat with them about it. All going well I'll be booking flights for the end of this month! :D

EDIT: Now that I've got my POE and everything, I guess this stuff isn't really relevant to this thread anymore! Oh well... Hope to see some of you guys in Calgary!

Best of luck Ciaran. What kinda job did you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    i know but i just needed to vent lol. now im off to get myself a philly cheese steak poutine :-)

This exists?

Edited to add an actual question related to the thread proper:
    Is anyone going as a common law/married couple? If so what are you putting down for your partner/spouse accompanying you?

Nope from Dublin and the Irish one is the only one I need, as in I haven't lived outside of Ireland. I had submitted my police cert which is not up until 27/4. So all I could do is submit it again?

Yea all you can do is re-submit it. Strange one that!

Got my POE there about 2 hours ago. Submitted Friday around 1pm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yea all you can do is re-submit it. Strange one that!

Got my POE there about 2 hours ago. Submitted Friday around 1pm!

Congrats EI-DOR! I'd say you were delighted! :) hope the leg's not giving ye too much trouble that ya can make a quick getaway now! :)

Thanks. The knee isn't to bad actually. Physio is getting it sorted. Another 2 months I should be good to go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Thanks. The knee isn't to bad actually. Physio is getting it sorted. Another 2 months I should be good to go :)

Great stuff! Bet ya glad ya stuck it out!? Celebratory scoops in immigration! Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Not sure if this has been answered before, but I applied for the USA green card lottery and had a passport pic taken for that (they were very specific about proportions etc.). I have a digital copy of it still and was wondering if that would do for my CIC application?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Hi Lollipops
    I looked up the Green Card requirement and the file size is the same. The dimensions seem very specific for the green card while the canada just cites a minimum. I think it should be fine.

To be sure I would still upload it to http://www.idphoto4you.com/ as you can set exactly what it is. Don't know how necessary that is for you however.

For Canada Visa:
    Document: Digital PhotoClose
    Dimensions:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
    Quality/Resolution:

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
    File Format:

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:

The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
    Colour:

The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Gossipgal wrote: »
    Hi Lollipops
    I looked up the Green Card requirement and the file size is the same.

Thanks Gossipgal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Made payment to kompass and then submitted all documents but with no option to pay I just signed electronically. Is this normal that you don't have to pay anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

Hey all! This is probably a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how to merge 2 pdf 's into one?

* And also, is anyones digital photo looking kinda grainy? I scanned the pic, uploaded it to idphoto4you.com, changed it to 600dpi and 35mm x 45mm,,

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

Lawra90 wrote: »
    Hey all! This is probably a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how to merge 2 pdf 's into one?

* And also, is anyones digital photo looking kinda grainy? I scanned the pic, uploaded it to idphoto4you.com, changed it to 600dpi and 35mm x 45mm,,

I used this website for merging PDFs
    http://foxyutils.com/mergepdf/
    Very easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

anyone get a POE today? no sign of mine yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Got my CAL this evening and have now submitted everything in myCIC. Fingers crossed and good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

z1tv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

guest124 wrote: »
    z1tv.jpg

Saw this from I Can on fb. God I would definitely have been a person who would have walked away without checking. Hopefully not to many people were short changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sjoc

Got Poe last night, applied Sunday. Thanks for all info on this thread. Edmonton in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hey all, Posted this in the FAQ thread but wanted to double check here in case anyone else has or will be going through this before or after they go over to Canada. Should we just complete our Stage 2 as things stand right now and update them / update things after?

______

I am getting married in June this year. Both myself and my future wife applied and have received our CAL. Will be completing the MyCIC and Stage 2 throughout this week.

We will likely not be traveling to Canada until August so technically she will have a new surname etc. Looking to find out if this might have any implications on our entry letters or what we might need to do. She wants to get a new passport with the new surname despite her current passport being valid for another 7 years. We will be bringing along our Marriage Cert etc but is there anything we should do or change before going over? Would it be best to change some of that information so it stands to us better being married over there.

Appreciate any info thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

One question..

When you receive your POE, what's the amount of time they give you before you have to activate your Visa?

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

MarkJD wrote: »
    I am getting married in June this year. Both myself and my future wife applied and have received our CAL. Will be completing the MyCIC and Stage 2 throughout this week.

We will likely not be traveling to Canada until August so technically she will have a new surname etc. Looking to find out if this might have any implications on our entry letters or what we might need to do. She wants to get a new passport with the new surname despite her current passport being valid for another 7 years. We will be bringing along our Marriage Cert etc but is there anything we should do or change before going over? Would it be best to change some of that information so it stands to us better being married over there.

Appreciate any info thanks

If I was in that situation, I'd just wait until after you have landed in Canada before applying for a new passport, just to keep everything consistant. If she really wants to get a new passport now, I'd message IEC or MyCIC and see what they say about the name change on arrival etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

So I'm nearly ready to submit MyCIC " Online Application", I just have to upload a passport photo.

A friend pointed out this to me... "Eligibility Verification" do we have to complete this as well as "Online Application" or do we just ignore it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sjoc

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    One question..

When you receive your POE, what's the amount of time they give you before you have to activate your Visa?

Thank you :)

One year from date you receive your Poe.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

hey so i was an idiot and some how put my last name instead of the middle name on my IMM5707E form in thew given name part, i emailed them and they basically said theres nothing they can do until a visa officer makes a decision do you think that means i could be rejected. It is the only form a made a mistake on :-/

Seriously cant believe i made this mistake :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Hi everyone,
    Just got my CAL letter there, can anyone direct me to the next page and the next step, abit confused. Also my Police Certificate was got on 7th January which means it is 3 months and 1 day old. Is it worth chancing my arm with this cert? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

hey so i was an idiot and some how put my last name instead of the middle name on my IMM5707E form in thew given name part, i emailed them and they basically said theres nothing they can do until a visa officer makes a decision do you think that means i could be rejected. It is the only form a made a mistake on :-/

Seriously cant believe i made this mistake :-(

Yeah it be just a waiting game hopefully your ok and they will take note that you contacted them and sort it out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Brokenghost

Hey guys - finally got my CIC application off today after two weeks of hassle thanks to a bug in Adobe 11 - at least that's the closest I could come to figuring it out. If anyone is having the same problem - not being able to upload the family form, work permit application and CAL to their CIC account - then the answer is to download it on a different computer that doesn't have the latest Adobe installed on it. (This sounds simple, I know, but it was not immediately obvious that it was the answer - I had to try four different computers before it worked).

So that's it. I'm not 100% on my picture meeting the specs, but from what I've heard they're fairly flexible with them, and my Garda clearance is three months old tomorrow, so we'll see what happens ... it's in the hands of the gods now anyway.

Wish me luck!

-Bg

Advertisement