Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

Hi guys!

I am too at the CIC stage, and when I log in I have two applications, Online Application and Eligibility Assessment. Is that correct? I have filled out all the Online Application nearly but when I go to Eligibility Ass bit I dont have a Client ID. I googled this, and they say leave it blank or put N/A etc in the box but this doesnt work for me. Am I doing this right?

Im so lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Starperson

AK12 wrote: »
    So I'm nearly ready to submit MyCIC " Online Application", I just have to upload a passport photo.

A friend pointed out this to me... "Eligibility Verification" do we have to complete this as well as "Online Application" or do we just ignore it?

Thanks

You are the first person to mention this. I am stumped on this too! I tried to start it but I dont have Client ID! Anyone help us out with this? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

AK12 wrote: »
    So I'm nearly ready to submit MyCIC " Online Application", I just have to upload a passport photo.

A friend pointed out this to me... "Eligibility Verification" do we have to complete this as well as "Online Application" or do we just ignore it?

Thanks

Ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

If I was in that situation, I'd just wait until after you have landed in Canada before applying for a new passport, just to keep everything consistant. If she really wants to get a new passport now, I'd message IEC or MyCIC and see what they say about the name change on arrival etc.

Thanks will leave it for now then.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Smellysack wrote: »
    Good luck with it :)

TY! I got my POE in 2 days anyway :)

Also for those worried about submitting with police certs out of date (non-irish ones), I applied with my FBI police cert a week out of date and it was fine! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 TMcG1990

Hey guys! Just after grabbing my POE there - managed to get in on round 2 this time after the disastrous first round so I'm delighted to say the least! Finally get to see the boyfriend after five months! Ha Thanks so much for all your help and hopefully get a chance to meet up for a few celebratory scoops out there! :) Take care and best of luck to those who are still waiting, hopefully you hear word back very soon :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brokenghost

Hey guys - just got POE, delighted. It only took about twelve hours! Awesome stuff. If anyone has any questions, just let me know, I'm happy to help.

All the best and see y'all in the great white North!

Bg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Just wondering has everyone been asked to do a medical for their visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

its been over a week and nothing yet....must be something wrong with my application that they are not telling me about. fking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P_MAL

Quick question, after you receive POE how long is visa valid to use? USIT said 1 year from time of application, can anyone confirm, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

P_MAL wrote: »
    Quick question, after you receive POE how long is visa valid to use? USIT said 1 year from time of application, can anyone confirm, cheers.

yeah that's correct 1 year to get your work permit from immigration from date POE is issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

I've had a horrible time since my POE was approved.

A few days ago they emailed me saying the approval was now revoked, the POE cancelled and if for it to be granted again I needed to email them with more information they requested, information that would cost me time and more money to obtain. I emailed back saying there is no way this should have been requested after my POE was approved, I have flights and insurance booked and the stress this has caused is ridiculous.

They didn't reply and this morning I have received a 2nd POE approval, so now I have two POEs and no idea were I stand. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallmccann28

anyone having trouble uploading imm1295?
    melting down here

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Silvio67 wrote: »
    I've had a horrible time since my POE was approved.

A few days ago they emailed me saying the approval was now revoked, the POE cancelled and if for it to be granted again I needed to email them with more information they requested, information that would cost me time and more money to obtain. I emailed back saying there is no way this should have been requested after my POE was approved, I have flights and insurance booked and the stress this has caused is ridiculous.

They didn't reply and this morning I have received a 2nd POE approval, so now I have two POEs and no idea were I stand. Disaster.

did you check the numbers where the same on the poes?

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    its been over a week and nothing yet....must be something wrong with my application that they are not telling me about. fking joke.

really you just have to relax . and wait once you know your application was all right i wouldnt worry . seems to be no method to how there processed . it can take up too 40 plus days or something . just cause people got theres fast doesnt mean you will. its just the stay cool and wait game

Silvio: what reason did they give for revoking the first POE?

NiallMcCann: I had problems uploading my documents on the CIC website. Are you using Windows 8 and Adobe XI? As far as I could see, this was the problem for me. Everything would upload except for the family form, work permit application and conditional acceptance letter. I think it is a problem with Adobe. I tried four different computers before it would work. This is the best thing you can do - try at a friends house or an internet café (email yourself all of the documents first, of course). Failing that you can also print out the completed forms, scan them and save them as a new file that's not PDF, and try uploading those instead. I think the different format will make a big difference, although I did not have to do it this way in the end, as I could upload fine from an internet café.

Hope this helps,

Bg

Silvio: what reason did they give for revoking the first POE?

NiallMcCann: I had problems uploading my documents on the CIC website. Are you using Windows 8 and Adobe XI? As far as I could see, this was the problem for me. Everything would upload except for the family form, work permit application and conditional acceptance letter. I think it is a problem with Adobe. I tried four different computers before it would work. This is the best thing you can do - try at a friends house or an internet café (email yourself all of the documents first, of course). Failing that you can also print out the completed forms, scan them and save them as a new file that's not PDF, and try uploading those instead. I think the different format will make a big difference, although I did not have to do it this way in the end, as I could upload fine from an internet café.

Hope this helps,

Bg

i used 8.1 and adobe 11 there was no issues at all , allot of it seems be be down to there side rather then peoples actual machines

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

did you check the numbers where the same on the poes?

Different with a new expiry.

No idea if I should accept the POE as proof that im in, sit tight and wait for an email from them, or go ahead and get the extra info they required. I don't want to do the last option because it means a day off work, more forms and more expenses for something that was never requested before and probably not needed.

Lets hope its a mix up at their end.

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    i know but problem is i Dont have 40 days to wait. i will probably lose this job if i Dont have my papers in order. its nice to know they appreciate me contributing to the economy...

yeah but thats not there issue tho really . sad tha that you could lose the job i agree . but they dont care nor should they. your just another number to them really its not personal even at times it feels that way waiting im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

Hey guys,

Just confirming, I've just finished completing the 1295E form and have that saved ready to upload.

In the video it said get another blank form for the rest of your work experience.

So my question is do I only fill out the additional work experience part of my new form, do I press validate again and upload that one too in additional documents?

Sorry if this seems obvious, living in fear of visa rejection

• Advertisement

i used 8.1 and adobe 11 there was no issues at all , allot of it seems be be down to there side rather then peoples actual machines

Yes it seemed strange to me, for sure, because everyone else was on here saying that they had POE etc, so as far as I could see, nobody else was having the same problem. The issue was as follows: when I downloaded the CAL, Work Permit Application and Family Forms, they would not show up properly in Adobe - I got a message saying "if your document does not appear here then you need to update your software" - words to that effect, anyway. The thing was, I had already updated my software to the most recent versions. I could tell there was an issue as I could see the same error message even in the thumbnails of the files saved on my computer. Every time I tried to upload them to CIC I just got an error screen. So I assumed that these things were somehow related, as all of my other documents were uploading fine. As it turned out, I never resolved the problem and found out what exactly it was, because I tried uploading from an internet café and it worked, so I did not need to investigate further. But those were the symptoms, and it was logical to infer that it was some kind of problem with Adobe/Windows 8 (apparently there are some other problems between these two, regarding text indexing or something like that). I could see no other answer, and I don't think the problem was at the Canadian end, because nobody else was experiencing it - this was going on for two weeks and there was no mention of it here or in any other forums. It seems like the CIC site it a little glitchy; they are doing patches and repairs every now and then, and some of the tools on the site (view documents, I think it was) doesn't always work. So they have some ironing out to do - but again, I don't think the fault was there.

Cheers,

Bg

P.s. I thought of a nickname for the prized POE letter. We could call it an "Edgar Allen" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Silvio67 wrote: »
    Different with a new expiry.

No idea if I should accept the POE as proof that im in, sit tight and wait for an email from them, or go ahead and get the extra info they required. I don't want to do the last option because it means a day off work, more forms and more expenses for something that was never requested before and probably not needed.

Lets hope its a mix up at their end.

That's very strange! Hopefully they get back to you today!
    I would take the new Poe letter as a good sign though.

Has anyone else had to upload 2 police certs?

I've put my Irish one in the Police cert section but have no idea where to put my american one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

LilyCullen wrote: »
    Has anyone else had to upload 2 police certs?

I've put my Irish one in the Police cert section but have no idea where to put my american one :/

you put them both in the same document (i.e irish one on page 1 of your word/pdf document, american one on page 2.

you put them both in the same document (i.e irish one on page 1 of your word/pdf document, american one on page 2.

Cheers, figured it was the same as the passport but just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

yeah but thats not there issue tho really . sad tha that you could lose the job i agree . but they dont care nor should they. your just another number to them really its not personal even at times it feels that way waiting im sure.

reject or accept i just wish they would tell me so i can get on with my life! i have already looked into getting a visa for Australia now as there is no way im going back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 icequeenx

Faith wrote: »
    Please use this thread for all your questions regarding Stage 2 of the IEC 2014 process :)

Here is the link to the Video Guides for stage 2 http://www.screencast.com/t/l14SkcgCtKaq
    Password: IECgo4less

Thanks to duffman44 for those ^.
    Yes it seemed strange to me, for sure, because everyone else was on here saying that they had POE etc, so as far as I could see, nobody else was having the same problem. The issue was as follows: when I downloaded the CAL, Work Permit Application and Family Forms, they would not show up properly in Adobe - I got a message saying "if your document does not appear here then you need to update your software" - words to that effect, anyway. The thing was, I had already updated my software to the most recent versions. I could tell there was an issue as I could see the same error message even in the thumbnails of the files saved on my computer. Every time I tried to upload them to CIC I just got an error screen. So I assumed that these things were somehow related, as all of my other documents were uploading fine. As it turned out, I never resolved the problem and found out what exactly it was, because I tried uploading from an internet café and it worked, so I did not need to investigate further. But those were the symptoms, and it was logical to infer that it was some kind of problem with Adobe/Windows 8 (apparently there are some other problems between these two, regarding text indexing or something like that). I could see no other answer, and I don't think the problem was at the Canadian end, because nobody else was experiencing it - this was going on for two weeks and there was no mention of it here or in any other forums. It seems like the CIC site it a little glitchy; they are doing patches and repairs every now and then, and some of the tools on the site (view documents, I think it was) doesn't always work. So they have some ironing out to do - but again, I don't think the fault was there.

Cheers,

Bg

hi the message you are getting i was getting that too, but when you click in down load over in the right hand side it sould say view all downloads, click that and it will give you a list of your downloads then click open in folder and then you will be able to view the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

chuckster wrote: »
    Just wondering has everyone been asked to do a medical for their visa?

Hey not everyone has to do the medical it depends on the field you want to work in, i seem to be the only person on this who has done one and there are a few on the facebook forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

On form IMM1295

Under details of intended work in Canada what should i put if i have nothing lined up? I just put province BC, City Vancouver . I would hope to get work in the design industry but i mean i have nothing sorted so could end up doing anything, should just i leave this blank where it says "my occupation in canada will be:"

cheers in advance for any help

Advertisement