Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jam and spoon

Just wonder do people applying for the second time need a Canadian police cert as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brokenghost

icequeenx wrote: »
    hi the message you are getting i was getting that too, but when you click in down load over in the right hand side it sould say view all downloads, click that and it will give you a list of your downloads then click open in folder and then you will be able to view the form.

I did not see this option, but thanks for the help all the same. I have my POE now, so happy days :)

On another note, after receiving POE, did anyone else get an email saying that their application had been updated? I was expecting a message of some kind but when I went to my CIC account there were no new messages. I think what might have changed is the status of my application, from 'active' to 'closed' - as it had been approved. If anyone can confirm/explain this, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Bg

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

On form IMM1295

Under details of intended work in Canada what should i put if i have nothing lined up? I just put province BC, City Vancouver . I would hope to get work in the design industry but i mean i have nothing sorted so could end up doing anything, should just i leave this blank where it says "my occupation in canada will be:"

cheers in advance for any help
    you can put any province in that doesnt matter
    as for your job just put unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

you can put any province in that doesnt matter
    as for your job just put unknown

It wouldn't let me validate the form when i entered anything in the province or city. as it required an address so i just left it blank, do you think i should go back and try to edit it?

It wouldn't let me validate the form when i entered anything in the province or city. as it required an address so i just left it blank, do you think i should go back and try to edit it?

just put in Not Applicable in the address part and it will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

Just wonder do people applying for the second time need a Canadian police cert as well?

i didnt apply for one but i know a few that did. i just submitted my Irish police certificate.

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    i didnt apply for one but i know a few that did. i just submitted my Irish police certificate.

yeah as far as i know you dont need too they can check that there side .so theres no need too.

Got my POE this evening - woop! a big thank you to everyone who posted helpful advice. and to goingitalone who reassured me everything was gonna be fine! :-)

hope everyone gets sorted soon, i know how head wreaking it can be to wait.

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    Got my POE this evening - woop! a big thank you to everyone who posted helpful advice. and to goingitalone who reassured me everything was gonna be fine! :-)

hope everyone gets sorted soon, i know how head wreaking it can be to wait.

congrats !

congrats !

thanks! now i can be of some help to others based on my experience :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Hey does anyone know how I email my CIC after I have submitted my documents?. Just need to send off some extra work history that didn't fit in the form. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Snuggie wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know how I email my CIC after I have submitted my documents?. Just need to send off some extra work history that didn't fit in the form. Cheers.

People have been saying that you should create a page and add it to the PDF...which brings me onto my own post...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Does anyone know if there is a security measure put on the work permit application PDF?

As the form is badly designed, you need to attach on a page with other previous job employments.

How can you do that? My Adobe Acrobat is showing the add page option is greyed out?

What have other people done in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Snuggie wrote: »

email [email]question@cic..gc.ca[/email] and put all this info in or they wont email you back :)

1. Surname –

2. Given name(s) as on passport –

3. Date of birth -

4. Country of birth -

5. Complete address -

6. Telephone number -

7. Client ID Number - (if u havnt been to canada before just put N/A)

8. Online application reference number -

9. Type of application - work permit

10. Approximate date that the application was submitted -

Also if you havnt submitted yet there is a section where you can add extra information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I'm waiting over a week for my Garda cert and I only live in a small town, I would guess it would take that long if I was in Dublin but not a small town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cg123

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could tell me what to do for the eligibilty survey when it asks for your client identification number which is supposed to be eight digits in the form of 0000-0000. I don't seem to have one and can't find anywhere to tell me what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Thank you MaggieRow747, that's really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

HI guys,
    Apologies of this has been asked already but my bf & I are going to Canada this year with IEC visa each. In the section of the questionnaire that asks:
    "Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common law partner who is or will be working in Canada as a temporary worker.." I am presuming we both tick yes for this in each of our questionnaires??
    Does it matter that we will be going on an IEC visa each individually?
    If we tick common law do we need to prove this or anything seeing as we are both going on our own visas seperately?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jam and spoon

cg123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could tell me what to do for the eligibilty survey when it asks for your client identification number which is supposed to be eight digits in the form of 0000-0000. I don't seem to have one and can't find anywhere to tell me what it is.

You only need it if its your second time applying for the working holiday visa. The client ID should be on the work permit attached to your passport that you received going through immigration the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Hi all, I'm in the middle of the CIC application. Thanks Faith forwarding on the helpful video links at the start. I submitted an application for Garda vetting yesterday (10 April). Does anyone have any idea how long this takes? A friend of mine got hers back after just two weeks but I've read some horror stories of people waiting 8-10 weeks or longer. I'm dying to submit the CIC application and get this show on the road!

Thanks again to everyone for posting up such useful info about this visa process. I'd be lost without these threads!

• Advertisement

Tea rocks wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm in the middle of the CIC application. Thanks Faith forwarding on the helpful video links at the start. I submitted an application for Garda vetting yesterday (10 April). Does anyone have any idea how long this takes? A friend of mine got hers back after just two weeks but I've read some horror stories of people waiting 8-10 weeks or longer. I'm dying to submit the CIC application and get this show on the road!

Thanks again to everyone for posting up such useful info about this visa process. I'd be lost without these threads!

its not garda vetting you need . its just police cert and it shouldnt take longer then a week

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Oh okay. He asked me what visa it was for and just gave me a form when I said the Canadian WHV. Didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks goingitalone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BuntCurger

Hi guys, can't seem to find an information regarding an issue I'm having with my CIC application and the use of an Irish surname(Gaeilge).

Basically, my degree was awarded to me under my Irish surname, but my passport and bank account etc are still under my given English surname. Naturally I put down my given name as shown in my passport on all forms and then under the alias section I provided my Irish name.

I've uploaded all my documents and police certs(obtained with my English name as on my passport) and CIC have gotten back to me requesting a police cert, under my alias name, from Germany. This seems strange to me because I've never spent more than a week in Germany and certainly never lived there. The only explanation I can think of is that the Irish version of my surname could possibly come across as German to someone who wasn't familiar with the Irish language.

Just wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue and how they went about sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Hi guys just wondering if anybody could tell me approximately how long it takes for a my cic decision? Just submitted mine and im already nervous thanks in advance and also to all the helpful posts on here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

BuntCurger wrote: »
    Hi guys, can't seem to find an information regarding an issue I'm having with my CIC application and the use of an Irish surname(Gaeilge).

Basically, my degree was awarded to me under my Irish surname, but my passport and bank account etc are still under my given English surname. Naturally I put down my given name as shown in my passport on all forms and then under the alias section I provided my Irish name.

I've uploaded all my documents and police certs(obtained with my English name as on my passport) and CIC have gotten back to me requesting a police cert, under my alias name, from Germany. This seems strange to me because I've never spent more than a week in Germany and certainly never lived there. The only explanation I can think of is that the Irish version of my surname could possibly come across as German to someone who wasn't familiar with the Irish language.

Just wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue and how they went about sorting it out.

I would just email them to explain.
    email [email]question@cic..gc.ca[/email] and put all this info in or they wont email you back :)

1. Surname –

2. Given name(s) as on passport –

3. Date of birth -

4. Country of birth -

5. Complete address -

6. Telephone number -

7. Client ID Number - (if u havnt been to canada before just put N/A)

8. Online application reference number -

9. Type of application - work permit

10. Approximate date that the application was submitted -

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

darrenking wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if anybody could tell me approximately how long it takes for a my cic decision? Just submitted mine and im already nervous thanks in advance and also to all the helpful posts on here!!

Up to 10 days is average.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Anyone have any experience on getting fingerprints taken? Just got a message that they want mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I did a quick search and couldn't find this so sorry if i am repeating. When it asks how long you have been in a common law relationship. Is that how long you have been in relationship or how long it has been common law. Ie. When you moved in together?

Also for my "Eligibility Verification" I am being asked about the educational facility that I am attending or will be attending if I get transferred. Any ideas why? No option to leave blank or N/A

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Just got my first ghost email is this a sign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Hey so i got my POE last thursday well i got two of them anyone else experienced this ? :-/

Advertisement