Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Hey so i got my POE last thursday well i got two of them anyone else experienced this ? :-/

No.. Is the two Application / Document numbers the same on each POE?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

EI-DOR wrote: »
    No.. Is the two Application / Document numbers the same on each POE?

The two doc numbers are different and so are the dates of expiry

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Is a CIC account the same as a Kompass account? I've just filled out questionaire, and made a GCKey account, but now I'm at the application stage for CIC but it looks very similar as Kompass.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 help123456

Hi,

Has anyone had to get a Dutch police check? Ever?! I lived there for a year and can not find the correct links at all for applying for a VOG (Dutch term for certificate of good conduct).

The CIC guidelines link isn't very helpful either.

This is the only stumbling block I have. I only have 45 days left to submit my application.

Any help at all is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

I have a Garda Cert issued to me on 8th Jan, 2014 and I am just wondering if I was to upload my documents for Stage 2 do you think they would reject my application as my Garda Cert is 3 months and 3 days old?

Do you think they would be exactly strict on this issue?

Any feedback would be great.

Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

TheShizz wrote: »
    Is a CIC account the same as a Kompass account? I've just filled out questionaire, and made a GCKey account, but now I'm at the application stage for CIC but it looks very similar as Kompass.

No, it's a completely separate thing.

Will I get my Garda Cert rejected because of it being a few days over the date will I be able to re-apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hi all just setting up my cic account, asking client id ? leave it blank cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Grrr. Damn ghosties....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ShaunaGarv

hi guys - could you tell me how long my garda certs is valid for? ive heard three months but ive also heard six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ShaunaGarv

and my garda cert looks fake after it was scanned. shold i get it scanned once more or is this not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

ShaunaGarv wrote: »
    and my garda cert looks fake after it was scanned. shold i get it scanned once more or is this not important.

Needs to be from.within the last 3 months

Needs to be from.within the last 3 months

Have you got a link please for where this is stated? I know I seen it somewhere but cant seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

7 days since I sent off my application, 2 phantom emails later from cic saying my application has been updated,, yet when I log on nothing has changed :confused::confused::confused: whyohwhyohwhy,,

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

7 days since I sent off my application, 2 phantom emails later from cic saying my application has been updated,, yet when I log on nothing has changed confused.pngconfused.pngconfused.png whyohwhyohwhy,,

Just means they're looking through your Application!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

Hi All,
    I have a question re the medical. I have to have this done as i plan to work in health care. Did not realise though that it costs E305 and that it can only be done by certain registered consultants. Oh well.

My friend has a child care background and might end up working in childcare in canada... Should she get the Medical as iv heard they stamp your passport and can prevent you from this if you dont get your medical done at this stage in the application???
    Or anyone know if you can still get a medical through an employer once in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Anyone received 24 month travel yet??Any suggestion who I should book through?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

eamohal wrote: »
    Anyone received 24 month travel yet??Any suggestion who I should book through?

What's 24 month travel? Do you mean travel insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Neverlaydown

Hey All,

Is anybody going through this application process using Visafirst or Usit?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

Vancouv wrote: »
    My friend has a child care background and might end up working in childcare in canada... Should she get the Medical as iv heard they stamp your passport and can prevent you from this if you dont get your medical done at this stage in the application???

If she's on the IEC, she's not going to work in childcare. She can't.

Really..why couldnt she? She works in a creche here and would be getting her qualifications recognised. Which i have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

GrumPy wrote: »
    What's 24 month travel? Do you mean travel insurance?
    Yeah sorry my bad Travel Insurance for 24 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hey just regarding uploading the passport, does it include just the stamped pages when you where abroad with the id page??

Loblox wrote: »
    If she's on the IEC, she's not going to work in childcare. She can't.

Does it specify that somewhere? Any further info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 haydn itr

i cant seem to watch the videos in the first post. i got accepted in the first round but im unsure what i have to do now if somebody could point me in the right direction id really appricate it

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

I submitted my cic application last night, got a message from them this morning asking for me to re-upload my police cert, I'm not 100% sure why but i didnt have my middle name on the police cert, and it is on my passport. Anyone else get rejected because of this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Childcare under the Ireland Working Holiday seems to be allowed.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx#Ir3-4

However, there are many countries where childcare is NOT allowed. For example, SWAP specifies that USA Working Holiday holders cannot work in childcare even with a medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

POE received this morning - submitted mycic last monday week. yay!

Advertisement