Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ShaunaGarv

do we have to print out IMM1295 form and fill it out all over again, then scan it and uploade it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

HI guys,
    Apologies of this has been asked already but my bf & I are going to Canada this year with IEC visa each. In the section of the questionnaire that asks:
    "Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common law partner who is or will be working in Canada as a temporary worker.." I am presuming we both tick yes for this in each of our questionnaires??
    Does it matter that we will be going on an IEC visa each individually?
    If we tick common law do we need to prove this or anything seeing as we are both going on our own visas seperately?

Anyone? I feel stupid asking this but we both think differently on this. We went with ticking yes.. but I read on the first page of this thread that someone else thought you'd tick no...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Anyone? I feel stupid asking this but we both think differently on this. We went with ticking yes.. but I read on the first page of this thread that someone else thought you'd tick no...

I think that only applies if you are married or in a legal partnership. Though you are in a relationship it is not a legally binding one so therefore (for the purposes of the visa) you are both single and have seperate applications. I could be wrong but that's what common law partner or spouse means to me anyway

bd2012 wrote: »
    I think that only applies if you are married or in a legal partnership. Though you are in a relationship it is not a legally binding one so therefore (for the purposes of the visa) you are both single and have seperate applications. I could be wrong but that's what common law partner or spouse means to me anyway

Thank you. I have changed our questionnaire to single/ never married to match our Kompass Account. I am so relieved that I copped we ticked single there. We have lived together for over a year but we will just take it that we weren't living together as "husband and wife". We have no bills in joint names so we have no proof & we pay everyhing split 50:50.
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lawra90

:D got my Poe this morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Eventually getting the 2nd stage complete.. about to validate IMM1295 form but wondering what immigration status to put for previous countries of residence?? Worked in UK for over 2 years, and Australia for around 2 years- I have just put down worker for both, but wondering should that be permanent resident?? Or will it make any difference to the application??

Thank you. I have changed our questionnaire to single/ never married to match our Kompass Account. I am so relieved that I copped we ticked single there. We have lived together for over a year but we will just take it that we weren't living together as "husband and wife". We have no bills in joint names so we have no proof & we pay everyhing split 50:50.
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease ;)

No problem. Best of luck with it :)

bd2012 wrote: »
    No problem. Best of luck with it :)

Thank you :)

I apologise in advance for the stupid questions I will ask when I am trying to upload my documents ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

do we have to print out IMM1295 form and fill it out all over again, then scan it and uploade it?

Negative. Just download it to the Computer, fill it out and re-upload it. No need to sign anything either!

Thank you :)

I apologise in advance for the stupid questions I will ask when I am trying to upload my documents ha ha

No need to apologise. It can be quite a confusing process. I think the trick is to try and not overthink it. Just keep it simple and you'll be fine. There's plenty of video guides on it too. Worked for me anyway. Got my Poe this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 haydn itr

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fill out the cic the videos won't play and I'm panicing now

how is cic account linked to kompass account? like, i could've gotten to this stage with all this cic stuff without gaining a conditional acceptance letter, so will the people behind the scenes know that i was in the quota?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

haydn itr wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to fill out the cic the videos won't play and I'm panicing now

got this off IEC ireland fb page might help...

Right, some people aren't sure about setting up the CIC Account. Fear not. First of all you's need to fill out the Questionnaire to get the Personal Checklist Code. Go to the below link and under "What are you applying for?". select Work Permit in the drop-down box and hit GO. Once you go through this process the Checklist code will be shown at the end. Write the code down or take a screenshot of the page so it won't get lost!
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp
    Once the Checklist code is acquired, go to the following link to start setting up the CIC Account. At the bottom it says "Continue to GCKey". Click on that to load up the next page and then click on "Register for new GCKey". Follow the steps to set up the Account. The GCKey is only your CIC Username and Password by the way. It's not a certain key in case anybody is wondering!
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp#login
    Once you have set up the CIC Account and log-in, under "What would you like to do today?" you can start the Application Process. When you start it will then prompt you to put in the Checklist Code before going any further!
    When you get to the "Upload Documents" section, at the top you will see the (IMM1295) Form which is required. Right click on that link and click "Save Link As" to save the PDF to your Computer. For some reason it won't open via that link online so just save it to the Computer and get it filled out. At the bottom you will see the "Family Information Form IMM5707" which is required, do the same with this form and save it to the Computer!
    Anybody waiting on their Conditional Acceptance Letter can go ahead and get the CIC Account setup and get the IMM Forms filled out and ready to upload. When the CAL arrives it should explain all this anyway

Is anyone else experiencing problems logging into their CIC account today? It won't allow me to get to the part that tells me what documents I need to upload.. It takes ages to load and then it says "Http Error 502-Bad Gateway.."

I saved the IMM1295E to my desktop & completed 90% of it. I just wanted to login to CIC and see what it says about additional pages regarding my last 10 years of employment. but it won't let me get to that page. It's annoying.. Like this process isn't hard enough :(

I have 9.5 years of my last 10 years work experience filled in and saved- so I need an additional page explaining the other 6 months and also to explain a few things about some of the work I didn't have quite enough room in the 3 lines..

HELP!!

ShaunaGarv wrote: »
    how is cic account linked to kompass account? like, i could've gotten to this stage with all this cic stuff without gaining a conditional acceptance letter, so will the people behind the scenes know that i was in the quota?

sorry, just realy curious about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

ShaunaGarv wrote: »
    sorry, just realy curious about this.

It's not linked exactly but to apply successfully for your POE you need to upload your CAL

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Is anyone else experiencing problems logging into their CIC account today? It won't allow me to get to the part that tells me what documents I need to upload.. It takes ages to load and then it says "Http Error 502-Bad Gateway.."

I saved the IMM1295E to my desktop & completed 90% of it. I just wanted to login to CIC and see what it says about additional pages regarding my last 10 years of employment. but it won't let me get to that page. It's annoying.. Like this process isn't hard enough :(

I have 9.5 years of my last 10 years work experience filled in and saved- so I need an additional page explaining the other 6 months and also to explain a few things about some of the work I didn't have quite enough room in the 3 lines..

HELP!!
    there's no need to explain gaps or work that's you did if you.have more space simply create a word file and enter any additional work and upload it in letter of explaintion

Thanks Goingtitalone. I can't get into my application this evening. The site seems to log me out when I get to the part where I see what documents I need..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

HELP!!

Yeah, I'm getting this error every time I try to submit my questionnaire :mad: very annoying!

Also, what Family Form do we fill in? The one I am linked to from my letter with my code is the IMM5707E which doesn't have siblings on it and it states countries like Saudi Arabia but not Ireland. It has a link then fo a different form but that's for a different Visa.

This is not straightforward- and it really should be!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Also, what Family Form do we fill in? The one I am linked to from my letter with my code is the IMM5707E which doesn't have siblings on it and it states countries like Saudi Arabia but not Ireland. It has a link then fo a different form but that's for a different Visa.

This is not straightforward- and it really should be!! :mad:

It's how worded the imm5707e is right there no need to use the other form or have your siblings on it .it is Pretty simple . Think why if you needed a different form why would the ask for a specific one with in the profile.

It's how worded the imm5707e is right there no need to use the other form or have your siblings on it .it is Pretty simple . Think why if you needed a different form why would the ask for a specific one with in the profile.

Thank you. I am stressing out trying to fill in the simplest form.
    I really appreciate your help. I just paniced when I didn't see Ireland mentioned. But they may have had these forms made years ago and not bothered to update maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

For the My CIC questionaire at the start it asks "Will you be coming with a Spouse". Technically we are not married now at this stage but we will be when we travel. So should we put a yes down for that or if we say yes will they ask for our marriage proof that w dont have at this moment in time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AKnowles

On the questionnaire, it asks if you are going to work in certain areas in which if you are you will need a medical. Does this include areas such as pscyhologist assistant or psychology research assistant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

MarkJD wrote: »
    For the My CIC questionaire at the start it asks "Will you be coming with a Spouse". Technically we are not married now at this stage but we will be when we travel. So should we put a yes down for that or if we say yes will they ask for our marriage proof that w dont have at this moment in time

i haven't the application in front of me but doesn't it say common law partner or spouse? If you have been living together over a year you are common law in Canada so either way your answer would be yes. Again this is only from memory so forgive me if i am wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

shalalala wrote: »
    i haven't the application in front of me but doesn't it say common law partner or spouse? If you have been living together over a year you are common law in Canada so either way your answer would be yes. Again this is only from memory so forgive me if i am wrong

Yea it has that as a question thanks. Will choose yes but then no to the spouse section. Thanks

i have not had employment for the last 10 years because im 22. if ive only had three jobs should I just name them, even tho it's only a three year history of employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Noticed on one of the Facebook IEC groups officers in some airports are stamping for ONE year visas only, despite the IEC being a 2 year program. Anyone know the best way to avoid this happening? Additional paperwork maybe? Seems mad!

GrumPy wrote: »
    Noticed on one of the Facebook IEC groups officers in some airports are stamping for ONE year visas only, despite the IEC being a 2 year program. Anyone know the best way to avoid this happening? Additional paperwork maybe? Seems mad!

there isnt much else you can do really id the refuse at the border to give the 2 years then head to a main immigration office i suppose and see what they can do for ya , id assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

Submitted my CIC this morning as I recently received my Garda Cert (it was returned to me within a week of applying, woohoo!)

Now just gotta wait for my POE - most people seem to be receiving theirs within 1-2 weeks, right?

Advertisement