Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

BernardMc wrote: »
    Submitted my CIC this morning as I recently received my Garda Cert (it was returned to me within a week of applying, woohoo!)

Now just gotta wait for my POE - most people seem to be receiving theirs within 1-2 weeks, right?

few days for most , but as before it could be longer just depends

• Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

I know this is a bit off topic but anyone out there had to renew their passport that reside in the North??

I sent mine last Wednesday and my flight is booked for the 29th wouldn't have been so hasty in in booking the flight before getting the passport other than I got a job offer and have to get out ASAP.

Worried now that my passport wont be issued in time. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

eamohal wrote: »
    I know this is a bit off topic but anyone out there had to renew their passport that reside in the North??

I sent mine last Wednesday and my flight is booked for the 29th wouldn't have been so hasty in in booking the flight before getting the passport other than I got a job offer and have to get out ASAP.

Worried now that my passport wont be issued in time. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks

Passports are usually returned within 10 working days; when did you submit it for renewal?

I'd call the office directly and tell them you'll need it within two weeks, see if they can expedite it...

BernardMc wrote: »
    Passports are usually returned within 10 working days; when did you submit it for renewal?

I'd call the office directly and tell them you'll need it within two weeks, see if they can expedite it...

Cheers Bernard I applied for renewal on 9/04/14. Yeah was reading 10 working days on their site although it says it usually takes longer applying from the North.

I have contacted them to see if there was anyway to speed up the process, and suggested going to Dublin to collect the passport in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

My girlfriend is having serious trouble with the CIC regarding her medical. We are in Canada on a 1 year IEC which is expiring at the beginning of June. We both made the IEC quota this year in the first round, I already have my POE since the start of April but as my girlfriend works in childcare she has had to do a medical as part of her application. She did the medical in Toronto on the 26th March and it was sent by the doctor to CIC on the 29th of March. She called CIC last week to see if they had received the results and was told that CIC does not track medicals for 3 months after they are sent and that this policy. She then contacted our local MP in Toronto to speak to CIC on her behalf who relayed the exact same thing - 3 month wait. The MP went on to say that she shouldn't worry as CIC said she can switch to implied status and continue working however this is not the case, people on IEC work permits cannot switch to implied status and if they do they will be rejected another work permit and deported from Canada. The problem is CIC is treating her IEC application and medical as if it was a standard work permit application/extension from inside Canada - which its not. If you do the medical outside of Canada it is only a couple of weeks extra to wait as the CIC will process international medicals straight away. This is a complete joke, the CIC appear to have no common sense and half of them don't even understand the IEC process. Its even more frustrating that they released the IEC in March - 3 months later than expected as we wouldn't be under such stress had the visas come out in January as expected. There must be a way to get this resolved with CIC before her current visa expires but they are so difficult to communicate with. Anybody in a similar situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

How does one sign the bottom of the IM1295 form?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

bilbop wrote: »
    How does one sign the bottom of the IM1295 form?

Should be an option in Adobe Reader, top right hand corner saying sign as far as I know.

If you have had more then 3 jobs in the last 10 years do you cap at 3? Or how do you get more into the PDF?

The Snipe wrote: »
    Should be an option in Adobe Reader, top right hand corner saying sign as far as I know.

If you have had more then 3 jobs in the last 10 years do you cap at 3? Or how do you get more into the PDF?

It's been said about a hundred times if you search the forum no physical signing of any form . The digital signing is a declaration you confirm after you go to submit . And to add additional info extra work history etc into a word document then label it whatever and upload in letter of explaintion section.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

Is the profile pic like our passport pic, or are we permitted to upload one where we're smiling?

TheShizz wrote: »
    Is the profile pic like our passport pic, or are we permitted to upload one where we're smiling?

Best just have a neutral expression . No smilee so like a passport photi yeah

• Advertisement

Is there another payment we have to make? Again, apologies if this has already been covered.

Scratch that; I just searched the thread and discovered that there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭keryl

I submitted my CIC application.

What stage is next and is there any request to show my bank account funds or is that only when entering the country to show at immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Is anyone else having difficulty getting to the page on CIC to upload documents? I couldn't last night either. I really want to start uploading my bits & pieces..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

Is anyone else having difficulty getting to the page on CIC to upload documents? I couldn't last night either. I really want to start uploading my bits & pieces..

im having the same problem sits loading for ages and the take me to a error page , startin to piss me off !!

im having the same problem sits loading for ages and the take me to a error page , startin to piss me off !!

It was like that last night too. This is head wrecking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

It was like that last night too. This is head wrecking!!

aye it has my head melted ! think ill just quit for a day or 2 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallmccann28

Had anyone been refused for strange reasons?

Had anyone been refused for strange reasons?

What be classed as a strange reason ? Only way anyone been refused is if they **** it up or there not eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallmccann28

What be classed as a strange reason ? Only way anyone been refused is if they **** it up or there not eligible[/quote

I was asked for a police clearance from Australia and provided it ( clean of corse from 2 country's) and was refused for not providing it even though I had till July to submit it.everything else was good

• Advertisement

Aha, someone on the Facebook IEC page said "there was a heartbleed bug on their system a few days ago some 19 year old lad was arrested for it this morning!"

What be classed as a strange reason ? Only way anyone been refused is if they **** it up or there not eligible[/quote

I was asked for a police clearance from Australia and provided it ( clean of corse from 2 country's) and was refused for not providing it even though I had till July to submit it.everything else was good

Well yours is the first I've heard if that . Worth trying can't you reapply the whole my cic process once your cal is still valid. I'd certainly get in contact tho with them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Judge Mental

Ya, it's happening to me too the last couple of nights, I'm getting a 502 Error page before getting to the upload documents page which suggests the problem is with their servers. I think I'll give it another couple of days to sort out before trying again with a changed password as they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jane1988

Hi, I know there were a few who were going to renew their passport after applying to make sure you get the full two years.

If anyone has already got their POE, did you change your passport details in kompass before applying for CIC or after receiving POE?

Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

If anyone has already got their POE, did you change your passport details in kompass before applying for CIC or after receiving POE?

Change your Passport details after receiving the POE letter. Will save any hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CitySlicker99

Hi folks,

My question was not addressed in any of the 3 videos.
    I have heard that your Garda clearance is valid for 3 months only. Mine will be up in 2 weeks or so. I assume if the date on the Garda clearance is within 3 months of the day I actually SUBMIT it, then this is ok, yes :-/

Edit*

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

i got asked to supply fingerprint check from canada as ive been here almost a year now on a lmo, once they asked for it they had past due on it!! i received my fingerprint check a week ago (a week after they asked for it) and uploaded it immediately , its been a week now and still nothing hopefully they wont refuse me on this

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Hi all,
    Just uploaded my docs to MyCIC today. According to the site, waiting times for online applications are 12 working days -- has this estimate proved to be accurate for anyone who's already received their PoE letters?

• Advertisement

Tea rocks wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just uploaded my docs to MyCIC today. According to the site, waiting times for online applications are 12 working days -- has this estimate proved to be accurate for anyone who's already received their PoE letters?

I got mine 4 days after submitting generally 4-8 days going by boards.

Advertisement