Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Anyone else's Garda cert not signed by the superintendent? There is a place on the certificate for it but it arrived blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Liam90 wrote: »
    Anyone else's Garda cert not signed by the superintendent? There is a place on the certificate for it but it arrived blank.

best call down to the station and see can you get emm to sign it . just in case . i havent heard of anyone with the issue yet but to be save id get it signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

So I took a photo of myself today with a white background. I went onto the http://www.idphoto4you.com/ I picked Canada, Visa 3.5cm x 4.5cm, Single Photo and 600 Dpi. It looks fine but when I go to Properties on the pic the dimensions are 318 x 410 Pixels, The Dpi is 600, the Focal Length is 35mm and the size is 19.8KB. Does that sound too small? Apologies, I am useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

on my CIC I have 2 applications or something , it says eligibility verification should I have this or should I delete it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

When uploading the digital photo in mycic, i have used the http://www.idphoto4you.com/ service and when you download the file it gives you 4 passport images all togetherand says the date and the name of the site on the bottom. Do i need to edit this and crop a single image out or is it fine to just upload the idphoto4you jpg file?

• Advertisement

When uploading the digital photo in mycic, i have used the http://www.idphoto4you.com/ service and when you download the file it gives you 4 passport images all togetherand says the date and the name of the site on the bottom. Do i need to edit this and crop a single image out or is it fine to just upload the idphoto4you jpg file?

do it again
    select canada then visa then single photo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

do it again
    select canada then visa then single photo

Ah, i didn't realise you could do that! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

I submitted my docs a few days ago. Since then I've got two emails saying there is an update to my application and to login to read the message.

I login, and there are no new messages. No changes... anyone else getting this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Sorry if this was asked previously (I couldnt see an answer on the thread) but does the Family Info form need to be signed if you are completing it on the computer? Or am I better to print it, sign and then scan it back on to the computer before submitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill_71

Hi Could anyone give me a timeline for stage 2 of application? It's been 13 days since I completed stage 2, I got a message the day after submission to say they have my application and then nothing. I have flights booked for 3 weeks time but no POE letter? Has anyone else had the same experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Judge Mental

BernardMc wrote: »
    I submitted my docs a few days ago. Since then I've got two emails saying there is an update to my application and to login to read the message.

I login, and there are no new messages. No changes... anyone else getting this too?

Ya I'm getting that as well.

Two days ago it was for my application status changing to "Open" and another message today but with nothing new. I'd say it's either for anytime there's work being done in the background on your application or it's just a glitch in their automated messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Ya I'm getting that as well.

Two days ago it was for my application status changing to "Open" and another message today but with nothing new. I'd say it's either for anytime there's work being done in the background on your application or it's just a glitch in their automated messaging.

I submitted Friday evening last week got 2 ghost emails over the weekend and woke up Monday morning last week with my Poe couldn't believe how quick I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Bear83 wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked previously (I couldnt see an answer on the thread) but does the Family Info form need to be signed if you are completing it on the computer? Or am I better to print it, sign and then scan it back on to the computer before submitting?

I sent mine off today without signing. As you will be asked to sign electronically when you submit your application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I searched and couldn't find an answer. In my optional section it has this form IMM5257B. Do I have to fill this in? It is asking about where I have travelled etc. in the last 5 years. Quite annoying. Any tips helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Muirz

Hi! Just wondering if anyone who has gotten there POE can shed a bit of light on my query? My cic application status changed to 'accepted' almost two weeks ago, this is the last update to my account and I have not received any further messages since. Is it just a waiting game for the POE now or should I have received some sort of other correspondence from them in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rip It Up

A couple of people have mentioned including Canadian Police Checks when applying to IEC for the second time. Is everyone doing that? I was under the impression that they ask you for it if it's necessary, after you submit your forms with CIC. Is this not the case?

You become so vigilant against doing anything remotely illegal when you're on a cherished visa, I wish I could tell them how good I've been here and how I don't need to shell out $70 to prove it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hey quick question, for the guarda cert, does it matter that they put my first name/last name rather than first/middle/last which is on my australia police cert and passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

astonaidan wrote: »
    Hey quick question, for the guarda cert, does it matter that they put my first name/last name rather than first/middle/last which is on my australia police cert and passport?

Yes it does matter.. my police cert got turned down because it didnt have my middle name on the cert. It has to match the exact name as whats on your passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

mossy14 wrote: »
    Yes it does matter.. my police cert got turned down because it didnt have my middle name on the cert. It has to match the exact name as whats on your passport.
    I thought that, have no idea why they left it out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 snapomg

Starting to complete stage 2. I curently live in the UK so I have two questions and would be grateful of advice:
    1) Can I get my medical done by one of the panel of physicians in London ( I plan on teaching in Canada) or do I have to travel back to Dublin?
    2) Am I okay to put down curent country of residence as England? I heard it only accepts Ireland as an answer. Anyone abroad done this already? I know you dont have to live in Ireland to be eligible but want to give them what they want on the paperwork.

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Muirz

Gill_71 wrote: »
    Hi Could anyone give me a timeline for stage 2 of application? It's been 13 days since I completed stage 2, I got a message the day after submission to say they have my application and then nothing. I have flights booked for 3 weeks time but no POE letter? Has anyone else had the same experience?

I'm having the same problem, has your application been approved?? My application status changed to approved about 13 days ago and heard nothing since, no ghost emails or anything... Getting a bit panicky now, everone seems to be getting their POE within a few days ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I only completed my stage 2 documents and submitted last Thursday and jsut got the POE introduction letter tonight already! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Muirz wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, has your application been approved?? My application status changed to approved about 13 days ago and heard nothing since, no ghost emails or anything... Getting a bit panicky now, everone seems to be getting their POE within a few days ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I still haven't got mine and its been almost 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill_71

Muirz wrote: »

No nothing has changed, no update in 14 days. Stage 2 application has been opened but nothing else showing. Getting worried too because others have gotten their POEs after applying after me. Any advice anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

Currently filling in my the second IMM125 form to give more work history...I put this in the letter of explanation section right?

Also it's making me fill out the entire form again instead of just letting me fill in that section...is that ok?

LilyCullen wrote: »
    Currently filling in my the second IMM125 form to give more work history...I put this in the letter of explanation section right?

Also it's making me fill out the entire form again instead of just letting me fill in that section...is that ok?

Just put your info into a word document and label it extra work info .saves confusion of uploading the a second form.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hi all just having trouble in work permit form.

section 9: country where applying

what you put in wont let me validate thanks..

rob55 wrote: »
    hi all just having trouble in work permit form.

section 9: country where applying

what you put in wont let me validate thanks..

did you tick the box yes ? if you did you leave it blank

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

did you tick the box yes ? if you did you leave it blank

i ticked the no box. if you tick the box yes everythings ok.. confused cheers

• Advertisement

rob55 wrote: »
    i ticked the no box. if you tick the box yes everythings ok.. confused cheers

well only once the addresses are the same yup is the right thing

Advertisement