Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Waiting a week tomorrow. Hopefully we get it soon.

After the automatic notification that your application has been viewed and is set to "Open" Did anyone actually get more messages / notifications? Is there any other stages if they aren't likely to look for more info / documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok guys so I have it all uploaded except for the digital photo part, what should I do for this???

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill_71

MarkJD wrote: »
    Waiting a week tomorrow. Hopefully we get it soon.

After the automatic notification that your application has been viewed and is set to "Open" Did anyone actually get more messages / notifications? Is there any other stages if they aren't likely to look for more info / documents.

After mine was open after day 2 no messages at all until day 16 when POE arrived

Ok thanks... Can just sit back then. Id be worried if people that were waiting 16 days had been sent messages but i wasnt... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Well that was quick! Only 3 days and got my POE :) submitted it on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 inishowenguy1

submitted my application yesterday , received POE tonight they didn't arse about , buzzing

Just got my POE BABYYYYY :) Thanks to anyone that helped along the way!

So if I fill something in incorrectly will they give me a chance after submitting it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Sighhhh still haven't got my POE and I'm on day 15 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

Got my POE! Anyone know if I've to do anything else now please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

AK12 wrote: »
    Got my POE! Anyone know if I've to do anything else now please?

Fly to Canada! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sharbour

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing difficulty with CIC website. I cannot get my documents to upload, tried a couple of times yesterday and again today. has this happened to anybody else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shane_Cal88

Hi there,

I have uploaded some of the documents necessary to complete stage two of the CIC application - the ones that I know are right - but I am seeking a little bit of clarification on other areas that perhaps you could assist with.

Primarily, I am looking for confirmation that applicants are not required to include any of their siblings on the family form. I have received conflicting details on this matter, which is frustrating because there's very little margin for error here.

Perhaps one of you mob can who have received clearance from the Canadian immigration authorities can shed some light on this.

There's nowhere to list any brothers or sisters on the form that I have so I am guessing that it's not necessary but, as I said, there's f*ck all margin for error and I'm not about to risk being rejected over it. Seems stupid to do so.

Anyways, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Hi there,

I have uploaded some of the documents necessary to complete stage two of the CIC application - the ones that I know are right - but I am seeking a little bit of clarification on other areas that perhaps you could assist with.

Primarily, I am looking for confirmation that applicants are not required to include any of their siblings on the family form. I have received conflicting details on this matter, which is frustrating because there's very little margin for error here.

Perhaps one of you mob can who have received clearance from the Canadian immigration authorities can shed some light on this.

There's nowhere to list any brothers or sisters on the form that I have so I am guessing that it's not necessary but, as I said, there's f*ck all margin for error and I'm not about to risk being rejected over it. Seems stupid to do so.

Anyways, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

theres no need for them !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shane_Cal88

Okay, great.

To confirm - the family form is simply going to comprise of myself, mother and father then. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Submitted my CIC documents Monday night, got my POE this morning! Serious turnaround considering the numbers they are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Sharbour wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing difficulty with CIC website. I cannot get my documents to upload, tried a couple of times yesterday and again today. has this happened to anybody else?

Same thing happened to me when I was using Chrome, tried on Mozilla and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

POE this morning! after submitting on monday,taught it take longer, wasnt as hard as i taught...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scottm2929

Hey basically I have flights and accomodation booked for the 30th of may! I have completed the IEC application and am on stage 2 CIC. I'm going to get a police cert 2moz (heard it takes 3 weeks! anyway to speed it up?) and then Ill upload my documents as soon as I get it back (heard that takes 16 days to go through). So basically Im wondering am I screwed? And what should I do? Cud I go over on a holiday visa till I get my working visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Scottm2929 wrote: »
    Hey basically I have flights and accomodation booked for the 30th of may! I have completed the IEC application and am on stage 2 CIC. I'm going to get a police cert 2moz (heard it takes 3 weeks! anyway to speed it up?) and then Ill upload my documents as soon as I get it back (heard that takes 16 days to go through). So basically Im wondering am I screwed? And what should I do? Cud I go over on a holiday visa till I get my working visa?

I went to a Garda Station last Thursday evening and my cert arrived in the post today so it only took 3 working days- you might be lucky. Go to a station in person and bring a stamped, self addressed envelope with you (the garda I was talking to said that can speed things up).

• Advertisement

Got my POE today, honestly had I not had boards, I would never have been of the guys to get it, Cheers everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

I'm waiting on an English police cert from Korea to be received, had to request a new one as it needs to be dated within the last three months.

Once I get that, I'll upload and hopefully have my POE then! *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

is the cic site down for anyone or is it just me?

is the cic site down for anyone or is it just me?

Getting 503 errors all evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Complete nightmare! I'm all excited to have my police check an wanted to submit it but can't. Maybe in the morning it will be faster... :/

Complete nightmare! I'm all excited to have my police check an wanted to submit it but can't. Maybe in the morning it will be faster... :/

Likewise! I'm not even in a hurry but I just want it done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

Scottm2929 wrote: »

You can enter on a holiday visa.However to activate IEC you will need to leave and then re enter Canada. Go to your Garda station explain the reason you need it asap and you should get the cert quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ebenes

Hi All

Quick question re police certs. I have my cert from Ireland and also one from Germany where I lived for a few months a few years ago.

I've noticed that my cert from Germany doesn't have my middle name. It has my date of birth and birthplace (as per my passport) so it's clearly me but I am wondering if anyone has been rejected for a cert not having a middle name?

Also, if I submit it and it is rejected as a result of this would I be given the chance to reapply for my cert from Germany or is it a case of one chance only to get it right?

Thanks in advance!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Stage 2 documents submitted today :). I was provided with a Schedule 1 form under the Optional Documents area, but my fiancé wasn't - no idea why but hopefully it won't make a difference. Surely if they want it from him, they'll just request it subsequently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Snuggie

We had the same issue but with UK police certs not German certs. Middle names not included. Anyway my husband and I both got our POE no problem

Advertisement