Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Got the POE last night. Happy happy happy. Still don't know what part i am going to and when. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShanePh

Hey I just noticed that on mycic account I stupidly spelt my surname wrong somehow :/
    I tried to find a way to change it and couldn't see any obvious way, anyone know if I can or if it's a big issue?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

ugh 17 days on stage 2 and still no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Just submitted my documents there. Incredibly paranoid that I've fecked up the forms or my photo somehow but to hell with it. It's with the Canadians now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

AmyPL wrote: »
    Just submitted my documents there. Incredibly paranoid that I've fecked up the forms or my photo somehow but to hell with it. It's with the Canadians now :D

i was the same, taught i fecked up the photo and some of the forms!

submitted it monday, POE wednesday quick! you be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Anyone get asked for a Canadian police check? Stupidly I thought I didn't need it and they asked for it and I uploaded it a little over a week later when I received it thats 20+ days ago getting worried now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm down in dingle for the weekend and have just gotten an email saying my application has been updated. The website won't load properly on my phone - should I assume it's one of the phantom updates you guys have been getting? Will I get a message in my CIC account, or what will my status change to when I've been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Yep you will get a message which will include your POE. You might get a few emails indicating that they are updating your application. It will just say that your application had been approved at the application page when they accept you.

I submitted my application on Friday, just got my first phantom mail. Eek! :D

Also submitted on Friday. We've both had two phantom emails, and my fiancé got a message in his account saying his application has been received. I have not received that message...

• Advertisement

Yep, got an email last night at around 3am, saying I'd received a new message. The message was just a confirmation of my submission.

(I then fell back asleep and had a vivid dream where I received my POE. Woke up fully convinced that the dream was real and was very confused when I actually checked MyCIC!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shane_Cal88

What's the average turnaround time from submitting the final application to receiving word of a successful/rejected application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

What's the average turnaround time from submitting the final application to receiving word of a successful/rejected application?
    I got mine in two days

Yep, got an email last night at around 3am, saying I'd received a new message. The message was just a confirmation of my submission.

(I then fell back asleep and had a vivid dream where I received my POE. Woke up fully convinced that the dream was real and was very confused when I actually checked MyCIC!)

Hmm, has everyone gotten confirmation of submission in a message before getting their POE? My fiancé and I submitted at the same time (I think I was actually before him) but he's gotten one and I haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Anyone else getting this message when they try to upload documents?

"Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
    We are experiencing technical difficulties.
    Please try again later."

Its been like this for days. Worked for every other document but the IM1295 upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Has anyone who has applied got a criminal record. My partner has received two messages and they have got me a bit baffled on what to do next!

billyduk wrote: »
    Anyone else getting this message when they try to upload documents?

"Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

We are currently updating this Web site.
    We are experiencing technical difficulties.
    Please try again later."

Its been like this for days. Worked for every other document but the IM1295 upload.

No problems here. Try clearing your cookies and cache and try again.

Got my confirmation of submission last night, yay!

Just got my POE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Just got my POE :D

Congratulations AmyPL!! When and what part are you going? I have a message but I can't read it on my phone. Have to wait til I'm home :/

Congratulations AmyPL!! When and what part are you going? I have a message but I can't read it on my phone. Have to wait til I'm home :/

Aiming for Vancouver, February 2015! It's a ways off yet (don't know why I was so antsy about my POE arriving) but I want to focus on up-skilling, saving my money and getting my work experience to a full 6 years before I head over :D I'm almost certainly heading solo so I want to be organised.

Hope the message you've received is the one you want! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shane_Cal88

I got a mail this afternoon from the CIC crowd under the subject 'your application has been updated'.

Any ideas what this might mean because I went into my account and couldn't tell what changes they made to it. Did everyone get the same mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

Is anyone else having a problem logging into My CIC. I get through the first few screens security Q etc but cant get as far as my page where iv uploaded half the documents already.

Need to upload my medical and do the couple of forms still but it wont let me onto that page at all. Just comes up Error 505.

Worried as there's a deadline!! Anyone else ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Yup I can't get into it at all today and only got my medical today and my Garda cert runs out today. Typical

Try clearing your cache and cookies, then try a different browser if that doesn't work. I'm having no trouble accessing the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

I've tried two different browsers. I can get as far as my actual application then keep getting error 502?! Been like this since about 6.30 pm

Got our POEs last night :D. Thankfully we both got them at pretty much the same time, so we weren't left hanging waiting for one to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Hi All

I have got the conditional letter of acceptance but I don't plan to travel to Canada until this time next year now due to personal circumstances at this time

Do I have to go through the 2nd stage now or can I do it at a later stage to prolong it?

Thanks
    Juansheet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

juansheet wrote: »
    Hi All

I have got the conditional letter of acceptance but I don't plan to travel to Canada until this time next year now due to personal circumstances at this time

Do I have to go through the 2nd stage now or can I do it at a later stage to prolong it?

Thanks
    Juansheet

You have 90 days from the date of the CAL to apply to the CIC. The POE is valid for a year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

kg703 wrote: »
    I've tried two different browsers. I can get as far as my actual application then keep getting error 502?! Been like this since about 6.30 pm

Its working now for me today. Had been coming up as error 502 as well. Hopefully problem was at there end and it'll be fine now.

• Advertisement

I kept getting that 502 error too, I tried multiple browsers/computers but it seemed the only thing that worked was trying again later.

Advertisement