Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

JamHn wrote: »
    Is a designated country just the countries on this list that have a Yes beside them for the Medical required box? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

Can anyone please answer this? When I click on the link it brings to a page saying "are you sure you want to leave"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scottm2929

Under my forms application is a Eligibility verification. When I try to do it it asks for a client identification number and I simply dont have one (or one I know of)!!! What do i do

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sajda

Hi there.

I have a few questions i wish to ask you guys.

I just submited my 1925E form (i think that's the name ... it's the general one, not family), but i didnt put in "not applicable" or anything similar in the employment section and just left it blank. Will that be a problem?

I have my police certificate but it's not in english. Do i have to translate it? Should i just take a picture of it or scan it? Should i upload as jpg or pdf?

I assume after i upload ALL my documents it will ask me for my signature right? Right now i don't see where i can put in my signature. I left all the signature fields blank and just put in the dates.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ek1234

i'm in a bit of trouble opening the cic application form so if anyone could help it would be great. when i click on the application form, another page opens telling me that i cant view the contents of the pdf. its not cause my adobe needs updating because i've already done that. just if anyone has/had a similar problem could you say how you fixed it.

ek1234 wrote: »
    i'm in a bit of trouble opening the cic application form so if anyone could help it would be great. when i click on the application form, another page opens telling me that i cant view the contents of the pdf. its not cause my adobe needs updating because i've already done that. just if anyone has/had a similar problem could you say how you fixed it.

Try right click and save to your computer

• Advertisement

Sajda wrote: »
    Try right click and save to your computer
    no i tried that. same thing keeps happening

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scottm2929

I keep being asked for a client ID but this is the first time I've set up a CIC account! What do I do

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

I had that problem with my laptop and had downloaded the upgrade and still didnt work. Iv used my house mates laptop instead and worked fine. Dont know why though.

Vancouv wrote: »
    I had that problem with my laptop and had downloaded the upgrade and still didnt work. Iv used my house mates laptop instead and worked fine. Dont know why though.
    Thanks. I got it in the end. I had been using chrome but I tried it a couple of times on internet explorer and somehow that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

I am making my work permit application for canada now. Can the IMM5707 form be filled out online or does it need to be filled out handwritten and then scanned??? i filled it out online but where it says signiture I am unable to enter it. I am however able to enter the name where the date is and also the date where it should be. Is this acceptable ???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

I was just about to ask the same question im on it now aswell don't know whether to print it and do it by black pen cos I cant sign it on either don't know what to do ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

I was just about to ask the same question im on it now aswell don't know whether to print it and do it by black pen cos I cant sign it on either don't know what to do ha.

You don't need to sign or date any forms. Have a look at the stage 2 sticky, it was discussed in that thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Threads merged.

Please search* before asking questions. Nearly everything that could ever be asked about stage 2 has been answered on this thread at least once.

*Use the Search This Thread button and enter keywords.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Has anyone done the exam yet how much was it? Also what did you have to provide to get the garda clearance form and how long were you waiting thanks?

I have tried using the search function and it helped a bit but i still haven't found out if my police certificate has to be translated to english and in what format. Sorry if i have missed it somehow.

Also, in the FAQ this looks like a mistake (2x passport?):

"13. What format should the documents be in?

PDF or a Word document for your passport, PDF or JPG for your passport."

I guess i can take a clear picture of my passport. Can i do the same for the police certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I have tried using the search function and it helped a bit but i still haven't found out if my police certificate has to be translated to english and in what format. Sorry if i have missed it somehow.

I guess i can take a clear picture of my passport. Can i do the same for the police certificate?

This page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp says
    If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

Thank for the reply. This helped a lot.

I guess i should get both into a pdf format and merge them into 1 file.

Thanks, that's updated now.

Clear pictures will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

is anyone else getting this message when tryign to upload their info??

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

1.We are currently updating this Web site.
    2.We are experiencing technical difficulties.
    Please try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

I got that message frequently breghall, you can try different browsers/clearing cache and cookies but I found the only thing that worked was waiting a few hours (or days :() and trying again. It'll work eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 maria321

Hi everyone,

I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since submitting all my documents to CIC and still haven't heard anything, not even the phantom emails a lot of people seem to get when their application is being processed. I've seen lots of others say that they only had to wait a week or 2, so I'm getting worried & frustrated! :(

Just wondering if many others are in the same boat? Is there anything that can be done to check if there's a problem? I can only see a call centre for people within Canada. I had to get a medical so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sent my UK police cert app off over a week ago and they still haven't collected it from the PO Box!

I just realised this morning that I applied for both my Irish and UK police certs using my permanent home address, but when we initially applied were we asked for our address? I provided my current Dublin one, but I don't usually have my important mail delivered here, so I used my permanent home one on the police cert applications - was wondering if this would be a problem? Oh well, no going back now. I've got all the other info right on both, including my full name as it is on the passport. My WHN number has Dublin in the title - as thats where I applied from, so I don't know if this will be an issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Just got my POE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 krishnalynn

Officially been exactly a month since I submitted to my CIC :( No word yet

hey, i'm doing the Eligibility Verification section of the aplication and it keeps asking what canadian college i want to go to and that kinda thing, even though i havent applied to go to college in canada. is anone having this, or did anyone and if so, what did you do?? is a bit of a tricky one

hey, i'm doing the Eligibility Verification section of the aplication and it keeps asking what canadian college i want to go to and that kinda thing, even though i havent applied to go to college in canada. is anone having this, or did anyone and if so, what did you do?? is a bit of a tricky one .

hey, i'm doing the Eligibility Verification section of the aplication and it keeps asking what canadian college i want to go to and that kinda thing, even though i havent applied to go to college in canada. is anone having this, or did anyone and if so, what did you do?? is a bit of a tricky one .

You don't do that bit. You do the work/study in Canada bit. Within MyCIC, when it asks what you want to do today, the only one you need to do is the Visitor Visa/study and or work permit section:

1395903794-2414546663_n.png

/edit: Unless you mean the Come to Canada questionnaire? That's built into the above section now, you don't need to do it separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

maria321 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since submitting all my documents to CIC and still haven't heard anything, not even the phantom emails a lot of people seem to get when their application is being processed. I've seen lots of others say that they only had to wait a week or 2, so I'm getting worried & frustrated! :(

Just wondering if many others are in the same boat? Is there anything that can be done to check if there's a problem? I can only see a call centre for people within Canada. I had to get a medical so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the delay!

Myself and a friend submitted our application last night. We both had the medical done. I'll keep this updated if i hear anything.
    Anyone else that did the medical would greatly appreciate any info on how you got on. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maria321

Officially been exactly a month since I submitted to my CIC :( No word yet

I got my POE about an hour after I posted that. Had been waiting 6 weeks & hadn't heard anything at all until I got the email with the POE. Hopefully yours will come through soon krishnalynn!
    Vancouv wrote: »
    Myself and a friend submitted our application last night. We both had the medical done. I'll keep this updated if i hear anything.
    Anyone else that did the medical would greatly appreciate any info on how you got on. Fingers crossed!!

Vancouv...good luck with your application. Did you get your medical in the Mater? I was worried that there had been an issue with the documents I uploaded for it (I had just uploaded the print out the Mater give), or that the results hadn't been sent on to them properly, but they didn't query my medical at all (once they actually got around to processing my application!). Hopefully you don't have to wait as long! :)

• Advertisement

This is the final thing i wish to ask before i upload all of my documents to put my mind at ease.

On the family form, do I have to fill in "not applicable" under the spouse and children section or do i leave it blank? I haven't really seen that i have to do that in the instructions, but I've read something like that in a guide.

Advertisement