Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I have pretty much finished my MyCIC application all i need to do is add additional info regarding my previous employment and my siblings as there was no space to add my sisters on the form.

Just wondering how i go about adding this information and in what format i should put it if anyone has any advice?

Also despite having filled out all the mandatory sections (the rest of the info i need to add falls under the optional section) i still don't see an option to submit the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

Anybody started looking at travel insurance yet,being doing online research and it seems that most companys only do 1 year cover, dont think the Canadian Border guards will accept this as it clearly states two year cover is required. If anybody finds two year cover the link to the site would be much appreciated. Thanks

Good luck to all still waiting on POE letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maria321

Anybody started looking at travel insurance yet,being doing online research and it seems that most companys only do 1 year cover, dont think the Canadian Border guards will accept this as it clearly states two year cover is required. If anybody finds two year cover the link to the site would be much appreciated. Thanks

Good luck to all still waiting on POE letter.

I haven't priced around yet, but I know that VHI has a special 2 year Canada cover. If you google VHI backpacker Canada, you should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crocadile dunde

maria321 wrote: »
    I haven't priced around yet, but I know that VHI has a special 2 year Canada cover. If you google VHI backpacker Canada, you should find it.

Thanks for the info, VHI seem the way to go at least we know they have a good reputation. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BrianIsNinja

Yikes! I was waiting on the Police Cert for weeks, to learn they lost the application. I got one rushed through today and just submitted myCIC. My Conditional Acceptance Letter is still in date for around two weeks.

Does this mean I've done it in time, or is there another step after this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, that's you done. Just wait for your POE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BrianIsNinja

Oh hells yeah, thanks Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cm_downunder

Hi all,

I am currently filling out the 2nd stage of the visa application. I have downloaded the IMM1295 form (Application for work permit made outside Canada) , filled it out and saved it. However, when I go to open the saved document, a message on the document states that a newer version of adobe is required to view the document. My machine has the latest version of adobe reader so I don't know what the issue is! Any ideas?

Also, with the IMM5707 (Family information form), should this be filled out on screen, then printed, signed and uploaded?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

maria321 wrote: »
    I got my POE about an hour after I posted that. Had been waiting 6 weeks & hadn't heard anything at all until I got the email with the POE. Hopefully yours will come through soon krishnalynn!

Vancouv...good luck with your application. Did you get your medical in the Mater? I was worried that there had been an issue with the documents I uploaded for it (I had just uploaded the print out the Mater give), or that the results hadn't been sent on to them properly, but they didn't query my medical at all (once they actually got around to processing my application!). Hopefully you don't have to wait as long! :)

Thank you! Yeah the Mater Private. That was the only option as far as i know. Im just assuming it takes longer if you get the medical so im not expecting any news soon.

Thats great news for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

My Girlfriend is waiting 3 weeks for her garda cert and its still not here, anyone else had to wait that long?

Mine came in less than a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

If it goes over 3 weeks you should call to your local station. mine took a week and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hi, is it too late to apply for this now?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Inbox wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Liam90 wrote: »
    My Girlfriend is waiting 3 weeks for her garda cert and its still not here, anyone else had to wait that long?

Mine came in less than a week

I'm waiting 3 weeks now myself. I've been reluctant to follow it up just yet because the gards in waterford city had NO idea what I was requesting, literally NONE. So i did as the garda website says and wrote the superintendant, but it means its sort of difficult to follow up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

I'm waiting 3 weeks now myself. I've been reluctant to follow it up just yet because the gards in waterford city had NO idea what I was requesting, literally NONE. So i did as the garda website says and wrote the superintendant, but it means its sort of difficult to follow up on.

Some odd turn arounds for the Garda Check i handed mine into the station a few weeks ago now on a Wednesday and had it posed out to me on the Friday, but i am now waiting nearly three weeks for my Australian Police Cert. It does give an estimate on the time frame it looks like it depends on the Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

i went into my local station in the town on a bank holiday monday, told them what i was after, filled in a one page form they handed me. I had the cert posted to my house a week later. It seemingly gets done/researched by the "civilian staff" and then signed off by the super so i can't see why the long waits for some. Best to call the station and chase up on it I think longwhitecross

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I notice you can edit your "Auto.pdf" letter in Adobe...
    Do they check the dates in the Airport against your application number on an actual database?
    I won't, but a part of me is tempted to edit the arrive by date (so I can travel a little later).... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rgdajd

Hi All I need some help here, I am completing my imm1295 form I am trying to obtain a working holiday visa therefore I do not have a prspective employer

what do I enter in the box for that on the imm 1295 form?
    can I leave it blank? or is it compulsory?

Also if I submit this form and there are any errors on it is that the end of the road or do they send it back to make amendments?

Thanks In Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rgdajd

Hi All just reading through about the police certificates here, I am a reserve myself and am familiar with the process, if you haven't got yours back yet it is likely it is sitting in someone's mail slot and eventually will be looked after.

the quickest solution to that is to ring your district headquarters or the whichever station nearest to you that has a superintendent, ask to be put through to the district office and ask the district clerk about your form

breghall wrote: »
    i went into my local station in the town on a bank holiday monday, told them what i was after, filled in a one page form they handed me. I had the cert posted to my house a week later. It seemingly gets done/researched by the "civilian staff" and then signed off by the super so i can't see why the long waits for some. Best to call the station and chase up on it I think longwhitecross
    Rgdajd wrote: »
    Hi All just reading through about the police certificates here, I am a reserve myself and am familiar with the process, if you haven't got yours back yet it is likely it is sitting in someone's mail slot and eventually will be looked after.

the quickest solution to that is to ring your district headquarters or the whichever station nearest to you that has a superintendent, ask to be put through to the district office and ask the district clerk about your form

Righto, looks like I best follow this up. I might give it till Wed.. still waiting on my NZ police cert for the same length of time anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭IrishTeddi

Rgdajd wrote: »
    Hi All I need some help here, I am completing my imm1295 form I am trying to obtain a working holiday visa therefore I do not have a prspective employer

what do I enter in the box for that on the imm 1295 form?
    can I leave it blank? or is it compulsory?

Also if I submit this form and there are any errors on it is that the end of the road or do they send it back to make amendments?

Thanks In Advance

Ive gone through this process myself and it's very misleading. They basically give you a form intended to be used by a different kind of application. It's kinda lazy but hey!

What you do about the prospective employer, is either but "Unknown" or the usual acronyms for saying that the information is not available.

Anything that you don't have the information for right away, can usually be covered by stating that.

I filled in those sections with "Unknown" and my application went through ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

Hi Everyone,

So got my POE 3days after submitting my application! Still have a question though..do i have to update the Kompass account now with something or is that it??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Vancouv wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

So got my POE 3days after submitting my application! Still have a question though..do i have to update the Kompass account now with something or is that it??
    Thanks

That's it

Well my Garda cert arrived after 3 good weeks. Also has my DOB and current address wrong (despite the self addressed envelope I included). Frustrating. Hopefully when I bring it up there it won't be a major to get it changed.

Faith wrote: »
    Yes.

Oh no that's a big dissapointment, I'm 36 in June :(

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Oh no that's a big dissapointment, I'm 36 in June :(

You have other options. If you have a skill on the skill shortage list you can apply for a perm res visa without a job offer. The visa's are limited but it's definitely worth a shot. There are other industries that will sponsor you, but these are mainly limited to construction/engineering. It can be quite difficult to get sponsored in other industries, but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

billyduk wrote: »
    You have other options. If you have a skill on the skill shortage list you can apply for a perm res visa without a job offer. The visa's are limited but it's definitely worth a shot. There are other industries that will sponsor you, but these are mainly limited to construction/engineering. It can be quite difficult to get sponsored in other industries, but not impossible.

How does the sponsership work? Is this the young professionals catagory?

Also where can I find the skill shortage list and more info on permanant residency?

billyduk wrote: »

Hi thanks im an electrician.I've done a bit more research and it seems If i can find a company to employ me through the lmo scheme I could head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

Had to get a new Passport which won't be issued until the 26th. As it was out of date on the 22nd of January and I may be staying later than that.

I leave for Canada on the 29th though so this appears to be a major problem for me.

I can't fill out myCiC application form as I only have my old Passport Number. Would i 100% need to use my current passport number (i.e the one I receive on 26th) or will the other one be ok?

Edit: I have family (full Canadian citizens) living in Canada will that allow me to circumvent any problems that may arise?

If anyone can recommend who I should contact to find out that would also be great.

Sorry about appearing so lazy just like a bit of clarification.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Hi all quick question im from limerick but living in dundalk, i went to the garda station and they want my birth cert in order to get my clearence cert for mycic application, issue is my iec acceptance letter is up on the 6th of june im just worried about getting my birth cert on time and the clearence cert from the guards.

q-1: can i get my birth cert in the registry office here in dundalk or does it have to be sent from limerick

q-2: if i apply after my iec accpetance letter is out say i apply a day or 2 after am i screwed will they not process my work permit does anyone know thank you?

Advertisement