Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

im sorry i realise this must have been answered at some stage but my head is frazzled from doing the cic applications all evening and i cant find anything to help me, but how on earth does one sign the family form? also i am not sure if my photo is suitable, im just so confused and stressed out

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

im sorry i realise this must have been answered at some stage but my head is frazzled from doing the cic applications all evening and i cant find anything to help me, but how on earth does one sign the family form? also i am not sure if my photo is suitable, im just so confused and stressed out

you dont sign any of the forms you cant you just leave them blank as for the photot i havent done it yet ill just take one on my phone and hope it be ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

markgisme wrote: »
    Had to get a new Passport which won't be issued until the 26th. As it was out of date on the 22nd of January and I may be staying later than that.

I leave for Canada on the 29th though so this appears to be a major problem for me.

I can't fill out myCiC application form as I only have my old Passport Number. Would i 100% need to use my current passport number (i.e the one I receive on 26th) or will the other one be ok?

Edit: I have family (full Canadian citizens) living in Canada will that allow me to circumvent any problems that may arise?

If anyone can recommend who I should contact to find out that would also be great.

Sorry about appearing so lazy just like a bit of clarification.

Thanks.

If you were really stuck, I'm imagine you could enter Canada on a tourist visa, then when you get your POE, cross the border into the States and come back through to activate the work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hi all quick question im from limerick but living in dundalk, i went to the garda station and they want my birth cert in order to get my clearence cert for mycic application, issue is my iec acceptance letter is up on the 6th of june im just worried about getting my birth cert on time and the clearence cert from the guards.

q-1: can i get my birth cert in the registry office here in dundalk or does it have to be sent from limerick

q-2: if i apply after my iec accpetance letter is out say i apply a day or 2 after am i screwed will they not process my work permit does anyone know thank you?

Birth certs applied for online are issued from the registrars office on Lombard Street in Dublin as far as I know.

You can try this place
    Civil Registration Service, Community Services, Dublin Road, Dundalk
    Opening Hours: Monday & Wednesday 9.30-12.30 & 2.00-4.15; Tuesday, Thursday & Friday by appointment only. Contact: 042 9385447 Fax: 042 9333814

Or else go to Lombard Street in Dublin yourself. I've done that before and they can issue the cert in under 10 minutes.

Its ok I can get a copy of my birth cert here in Dundalk on Monday, just hope I get the police cert in time.

Q: does anyone know will they accept mycic application if I do it one or two days after my iec acceptance letter is up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 haydn itr

Hi guys stage 2 is just confusing me I'm having hassle uploading stuff etc I'm just crap with computers . Is there anybody on here that is willing to help me do it I'll pay you for your time . Iv tried usit but there no help

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

haydn itr wrote: »
    Hi guys stage 2 is just confusing me I'm having hassle uploading stuff etc I'm just crap with computers . Is there anybody on here that is willing to help me do it I'll pay you for your time . Iv tried usit but there no help

message me and il answer any question i can..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just a quick question im in the process of filling out my application for stage two and i just noticed people talking about medicals and stuff i did come across this question in the questionnaire.

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

I answered no to this question do i need to get a medical now? Im just waiting on my Australian Police Cert to complete my application if anyone could shed some light on this it would be a great help.

Just another quick question has anyone idea what six countries are on the list

Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

I put no but when i click the question mark to see the six countries nothing appears and the page fails to load this whole site needs to be more user friendly and simplistic in its approach with pdf's not loading and other crazy tedious quirks.

GerPower wrote: »
    Just a quick question im in the process of filling out my application for stage two and i just noticed people talking about medicals and stuff i did come across this question in the questionnaire.

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

I answered no to this question do i need to get a medical now? Im just waiting on my Australian Police Cert to complete my application if anyone could shed some light on this it would be a great help.

the medical is 305 euros in dublin mater hospital you need to scan it and upload it if they request it, same as the garda cert.

• Advertisement

the medical is 305 euros in dublin mater hospital you need to scan it and upload it if they request it, same as the garda cert.

So its only if they request it that is its not actually mandatory? I thought medicals were only necessary if you were planning on working in the medical field as it asks certain questions about jobs in the questionnaire.

I'm hoping i dont have to get it as i hate needles and anything medical will i get away with it if i choose to ignore getting it?

GerPower wrote: »
    So its only if they request it that is its not actually mandatory? I thought medicals were only necessary if you were planning on working in the medical field as it asks certain questions about jobs in the questionnaire.

I'm hoping i dont have to get it as i hate needles and anything medical will i get away with it if i choose to ignore getting it?

its for that too but its also if your out of your own country you didnt bring a dieses like terbuculoses or something like that in with you to canada.

its for that too but its also if your out of your own country you didnt bring a dieses like terbuculoses or something like that in with you to canada.

So the question that asks have you been to one of the six countries on a list is linked to the medical question as well. I think ill pass as i have no health issues or i havent been to a high risk country either. Plus i cant really afford a medical at this stage and i didnt notice a question asking for it on the submit documents page either or have i missed something?

it does ask have you lived outside of ireland for more then 6 months in the last year if you say yes you have to do one if you say no you dont just need your garda cert then.

it does ask have you lived outside of ireland for more then 6 months in the last year if you say yes you have to do one if you say no you dont just need your garda cert then.

Ok thanks for that i did notice that question and i put no to it as i haven't lived outside of Ireland in the last six months you have put my mind at ease and my wallet will be a little heavier thanks for getting back to me much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Just got my POE Intro letter today. In myCIC, it says the application is closed and approved. It that everything done? Do I still have to get an actual visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Bear83 wrote: »
    Just got my POE Intro letter today. In myCIC, it says the application is closed and approved. It that everything done? Do I still have to get an actual visa?

The letter is all you need from CIC. You don't get the actual visa until you present the letter to the border agent (a long with proof of funds, health insurance etc...) when entering Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Did anyoneelse have problems entering the To/From dates for education or employment? I can't seem to enter a to month, just keeps telling me It can't be before my from date.

I have a feeling I missed something signing up to CIC. I signed up previously and couldnt remember my login details and no I have a feeling I'm missing something!
    Should I be linking my account to this new one? I can't figure out which option to pick and can't anser some of the questions.

I also have a Eligibility Verification application, what is this and do I need to do this also?

---edit---

Re-downloaded the form and got it all filed out but I'm getting an error saying it's not a valid pdf document. I have the same problem with IMM5707E

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

My friend has been waiting nearly 2 weeks for her POE, has anyone else been waiting this long?
    Mine only took a few days!

She has her submission confirmation letter and it says her application has been approved.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

guys im heading to edmonton on thursday,i just need some last minute things to do.

poe/cal letter for visa
    proof of health insurance
    proof of funds
    passport

anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So I applied for my Garda Clearance letter on the 15th,gave them in all the docs etc and was told to give them a call if I had not received it by yesterday.

Got home from work... nothing there. Tried to call them... no answer.

I call them today and they tell me they have not even received it. Almost two full weeks later.

Let's just say I am pretty pi**ed off about this. Did anyone else have any similar issues or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Random Integer

So Im filling out IMM1295E and Ive gotten to the part where I have to put in my last 10 years work history, which will fill up more than 3 sections available. According to the video guide in the OP that means I have use a new form to add in the extra bits, that right? Do I have to fill out the new form completely again or just leave it blank except for the two other jobs I need to add in? Anybody know? This is the most terribly designed form Ive ever had to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Hi folks, I'm heading off in about a month.
    I have my IEC CAL; I have my work permit/POE letter; I have proof of funds and will be sorting health insurance soon.
    Do I need to DO anything else? I'm heading to Canada via the US (visiting a friend and flying on to Canada from there). Do I need to get my passport stamped by an embassy here or anything or do I just bring the above listed documentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AK12

2 weeks and still no POE but says approved...

Anyone else have this situation?

Billy86 wrote: »
    So I applied for my Garda Clearance letter on the 15th,gave them in all the docs etc and was told to give them a call if I had not received it by yesterday.

Got home from work... nothing there. Tried to call them... no answer.

I call them today and they tell me they have not even received it. Almost two full weeks later.

Let's just say I am pretty pi**ed off about this. Did anyone else have any similar issues or is it just me?

Mine took 3 days didnt even have to show him anything he was sound out he just signed it and goes ill get it done for ya and send it to you no problem, it depends who you get nad how busy they are. I would call into the station.

AK12 wrote: »
    2 weeks and still no POE but says approved...

Anyone else have this situation?

can take up to 6 weeks from what i read some people getting it fast tho. most people who have applied have got theres so im assuming people that do theres last minute prob get it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

Ok, so I'm flying to Canada tomorrow. Unfortunately I booked my flights before receiving my PoE and I'm also travelling with a 1-way ticket so I'm very very worried about getting into Canada let alone getting a work permit.

What I have:

Proof of Funds (2300CAD in an A/C and 500CAD in cash.)
    Insurance for 3 months.
    Condition Acceptance Letter.
    Gardai Clearance just in case.

I'm travelling with one person who has his PoE and a return flight. And another who has no PoE and a return flight.

I guess I'll keep ya'll updated on how I get on. If I do get in I'll probably have to leave the country and come back in to get my work permit cleared which will be stressful enough but that's life. Unless there's some way of doing it in the airport?..we'll soon find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mine took 3 days didnt even have to show him anything he was sound out he just signed it and goes ill get it done for ya and send it to you no problem, it depends who you get nad how busy they are. I would call into the station.
    Yeah, I checked again yesterday and got through to the same person who was very, very helpful in fairness to her. Told me they had received it yesterday morning, had it put on priority and it was to be processed before closing of business yesterday evening. I do something similar in my current job (finish up tomorrow!) so it probably just wound up in the wrong tray or something in the station I had given venue it into, small error that happens a lot with that kind of stuff. I've done it too before, so can't really complain.

With a little luck it will be there in the post for me by tomorrow evening and I can get my application finalised over the weekend, hopefully have my POe some stage next week. The its just getting the insurance sorted and booking the nearest, heaps flight I can find out of here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'm finally getting down to getting my paperwork sorted- having difficulty uploading my docs (passport/garda cert etc) but will wait it out and try another computer.

With ref to the Family Forms-do we do the Additional Family Information form? I didn't see Ireland listed on the first one so assuming as much :o

Sorry if it's already been posted, I just don't wanna trawl through 50 pages!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

what does it mean by PoE.? I submitted my application and a week later I got a letter saying that Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved and il receive my visa at customs once I have all the necessary documents? Is this the PoE??

Advertisement