Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

DAVIDDOLAN wrote: »
    what does it mean by PoE.? I submitted my application and a week later I got a letter saying that Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved and il receive my visa at customs once I have all the necessary documents? Is this the PoE??

Yes, that's your Port Of Entry- you hand it over at customs and they give you your visa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I had trouble uploading the docs also, I had to re-download them and fill them out again using a different pdf viewer. I also noticed the site is sensitive to the case of the extension so make sure it's lower car *.pdf and not upper case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Submitted the cic application yesterday, got an email which I presume means it was just confirmation.
    Today I got an email saying my application has been updated but when I checked my messages on cic it was just one confirmation from yesterday. What does this mean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Submitted my application there. Cross everything people!!!

I have a job sorted for my first 2 months, am heading over at the end of August....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daithi89

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd drop a line to let those of you on the waiting list know that I got offered a place today! WTN was 7941 so looks pretty promising for those who are in the first few hundred on the list!

Such a feckin' relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Submitted the cic application yesterday, got an email which I presume means it was just confirmation.
    Today I got an email saying my application has been updated but when I checked my messages on cic it was just one confirmation from yesterday. What does this mean

I've had athat a few times, it's almost as if you get two notifications for the last email they sent.

I got my letter of aproval on Friday, only uploaded the last few documents on Mon or Tue. Thought it would have taken more like a few weeks/months and not a few days. Now to make sure I can get some cash together and get on my way

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Submitted my application there. Cross everything people!!!

I have a job sorted for my first 2 months, am heading over at the end of August....

Hey. Its great u got a job. Do you mind me asking how u went about getting it? R u heading on your own? Whereabouts u headed?
    I submitted my cic part on Wed but heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bntenright

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had a lengthy wait submitted all stage 2 docs on 2nd of may and still haven't heard anything back :( anyone else in same situation????

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Bntenright wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had a lengthy wait submitted all stage 2 docs on 2nd of may and still haven't heard anything back :( anyone else in same situation????

Wouldn't worry, heard some people waiting absolutely ages and getting their POE and some people like me only waiting 3 days. I'm sure it will come, I know it must be hard waiting that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

hi lads, im having serious trouble reducing my pdf file sizes, does anyone here know how to do it as i have tried everything and nothings working? any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

After a nightmarish 48 ours because their website as been basically ...not working (I have literally spent the last 9 ours doing nothing but trying to upload my final docs and getting hundreds of error/timeout messages from them, and zero help since the Dublin embassy/consulate was closed today, called London, Canada and the USA who all refused to even tell me if there was an issue with the website to their knowledge)... and I only had 2 days left to finish it, I FINALLY have my CIC application in! I finished up in my job on Friday, so I am praying to hear back from them on this ASAP!

If all goes to plan, I will be out of here by the end of the month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I submitted all my information last Wednesday evening. Last night I recieved my POE. All I have to do now is book my flight. Relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

I submitted all my information last Wednesday evening. Last night I recieved my POE. All I have to do now is book my flight. Relief!

Great feeling isn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sajda

Hi guys,

I have a bit of an urgent question (i wrote to Kompass and such but i didn't receive an answer yet).

I will try and keep it short.

At first when i applied for the IEC i was refused due to a typo in my application and they did not want to look past it.
    I was devastated and i booked a flight for Canda to at least go on vacation there.
    At the end of April i received an email saying they are reconsidering my application if i am still interested...

I just got my POE yesterday. But i have a plane ticket for Canada on saturday and staying for 3 weeks.

The point and my question is: Can i go on holiday there for 3 weeks without my application being activated, come back home, go there again in september/october and start my 1 year IEC program?
    I am not ready to leave for a year at this moment and so sudden. They also really need me at my current job throughout the summer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I would imagine so. If you don't present your POE at Immigration, you should just be issued a holiday visa I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sajda

Yes, that is how i see it too. But i just wanted to be sure.

Thank you for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 onworld

I have my POE letter too and I don't intend to activate it until next year. I've booked a holiday to Vancouver in August to check it out and see if I like it there. I also assume that you just enter on a tourist visa, and when you present your POE they will issue you the 2 year working-holiday visa. I hope so at least :) Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Anyone else having terrible issues with the site, i emailed them and had a right go, got email back today saying its 85% fixed but still some connection issues they are useless but i got my forms done except i cant upload the last form the application for the permit tried on ie and google chrome but wont upload pdf, ill try it in work if it doesn't work anyone know what else i can do to get it uploaded cos i know they wont care over there to help you one bit.

Sajda wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a bit of an urgent question (i wrote to Kompass and such but i didn't receive an answer yet).

I will try and keep it short.

At first when i applied for the IEC i was refused due to a typo in my application and they did not want to look past it.
    I was devastated and i booked a flight for Canda to at least go on vacation there.
    At the end of April i received an email saying they are reconsidering my application if i am still interested...

I just got my POE yesterday. But i have a plane ticket for Canada on saturday and staying for 3 weeks.

The point and my question is: Can i go on holiday there for 3 weeks without my application being activated, come back home, go there again in september/october and start my 1 year IEC program?
    I am not ready to leave for a year at this moment and so sudden. They also really need me at my current job throughout the summer.

holiday visa only holiday visa you can go for 3 weeks and go home if you present you're poe it activate it so you'll be fine just don't produce the poe.

I havn't been able to log on properly to use the site in nearly 2 weeks! takes me ages to log in, then when i do it says error or you have been timed out! its getting beyond a joke at this stage,the way its goin my cal will expire before they sort it, and not one message to explain the problem.

• Advertisement

southstand wrote: »
    I havn't been able to log on properly to use the site in nearly 2 weeks! takes me ages to log in, then when i do it says error or you have been timed out! its getting beyond a joke at this stage,the way its goin my cal will expire before they sort it, and not one message to explain the problem.

I would ring them and put it to them ask them to upload the docs for you ive only one more to do then i can send it off its a joke alright trying days to get on 20 attepmts like they couldnt give a **** anyways very bad cs.

I don't know what number to ring, everything about the whole process is difficult, it seems to me they have it set up that you cant even contact them! what email address did you use to email them?

I found this should help ill be contacting them myself through twitter the donkeys and heres there email for site issues:

What do I do if the online visa application system is down?
    There are times where the system will be down for routine maintenance. Follow Citizenship and Immigration Canada on Twitter for notifications on when the system will be unavailable.

Notices will also be posted on our website.

If the system is down and it is not a scheduled outage for system maintenance, please let us know, and try again later.

heres for tech issues:

What do I do if I run into technical problems with my online application to CIC?
    We want to know about the technical issues you may be experiencing, so we can help solve the issue.

The more information we have, the faster we can help to resolve the issue. To further help us, please give us following information:

•Surname (last name)
    •Given name(s)
    •Date of birth
    •Country of birth
    •Unique Client Identifier/Client ID Number, if available
    •Application number, if available
    •Personal Checklist code, if available
    •Your current status in Canada and the date of expiration, if applicable
    •Complete address. If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.
    •Telephone number(s)
    •Type of application (work permit, study permit, visitor record, etc.)
    •The date your application was submitted, if applicable
    •Description of the problem or error message, with a screenshot, if possible, of the page where you are experiencing the problem.
    •As much information as possible about the steps you took before you experienced the problem.
    Where to send your information

If you are encountering problems after you submitted your online application:

•Email the above information to question@cic.gc.ca.
    •In the Subject line, write: “Your application type – Technical Problem.” For example: “IEC Application – Technical Problem” or “Study Permit – Technical Problem.”
    If you are encountering problems before you submit your application (while you are preparing your online application and uploading your documents):

•Send the above information by selecting the “Share with CIC” link available at the top left-hand corner of your MyCIC account page.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sheng

hi all just a quick question for everyone, my bf and myself has gotten our POE already and we are thinking of heading to Toronto this February. Just wondering if we need to get a return-ticket? (silly question, I know) thanks

sheng wrote: »
    hi all just a quick question for everyone, my bf and myself has gotten our POE already and we are thinking of heading to Toronto this February. Just wondering if we need to get a return-ticket? (silly question, I know) thanks

This is also something im thinking of because you cant get a 2 year return ticket only 1 whats point paying return if your staying 2 years waste of money.

This is also something im thinking of because you cant get a 2 year return ticket only 1 whats point paying return if your staying 2 years waste of money.

thank you, I know I feel so silly asking this question. just making sure we won't have any problem once we get there, you know yourself. have you checked any travel insurance yet?

sheng wrote: »
    thank you, I know I feel so silly asking this question. just making sure we won't have any problem once we get there, you know yourself. have you checked any travel insurance yet?

not yet i only sent mycic application today so waiting see if i get my poe if i do ill start looking at flights and travel insurance prob wont go till feb next year

not yet i only sent mycic application today so waiting see if i get my poe if i do ill start looking at flights and travel insurance prob wont go till feb next year

don't worry you'll get your POE soon enough, trust me :-) we got ours say a week after we sent everything. we are thinking of going february of next year too. will start looking for flights so we'll hopefully get it cheaper. goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tinman09

Anyone from the waiting list get a CAL yet? Cant believe people are months here waiting for them

• Advertisement

I finally got my cic application submitted today took me over a week of trying cos the stupid conenction problems on the site now just the waiting game and fingers crossed, delighted a visa only osts 95 euro compared to australia.

Advertisement