Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭keryl

Just wondering if it's possible to change the date of Entry?

I have until April to Enter and start my Visa, can this be changed to a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

keryl wrote: »

I have until April to Enter and start my Visa, can this be changed to a later date?

fairly sure it cant you have exactly 12 months to use it if not used by then visa is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

keryl wrote: »

No it definitely can't. Valid for 12 months only, then its invalid and you can't reapply through IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I finally got my cic application submitted today took me over a week of trying cos the stupid conenction problems on the site now just the waiting game and fingers crossed, delighted a visa only osts 95 euro compared to australia.

Got mine in this afternoon, felt the dread at the pit of my stomach as I clicked submit, in case anything goes wrong I'll have to wait til next year as my CAL expires on 18 june.

Walking on glass now for the next 8 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just completing my IMM1295E so i can submit my application, where it asks for a signature do you print out this actual form and scan a copy or are we meant to submit the electronic version i dont want to make any expensive mistakes so best to ask rather than assume, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

When filling out the form you don't sign anything, then after you submit all your documents and click next it will bring you to a page that will ask you to type your full name and verify all the information that way, no need to print out or scan either the 1295 form or the family info form.

southstand wrote: »
    When filling out the form you don't sign anything, then after you submit all your documents and click next it will bring you to a page that will ask you to type your full name and verify all the information that way, no need to print out or scan either the 1295 form or the family info form.

Thanks for that this is one stressful and confusing process from start to finish, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Ha no bother, I have never done anything as stressfull and confusing as this in my life , without the help of boards there is no way I would have completed it, the site bein down the last 2 weeks didnt help matters either!

southstand wrote: »
    Ha no bother, I have never done anything as stressfull and confusing as this in my life , without the help of boards there is no way I would have completed it, the site bein down the last 2 weeks didnt help matters either!

Dont talk about the HTTP errors, the whole platform that the site is built on cant handle basic traffic, seems traffic of the 100s will make the site crash they need to sort the thing out its timed out on me numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daithi89

Hi Guys,

Just getting my photo ready for CIC - anyone have any idea if this size is ok?? Not really my forte...

Size : 55.1 KB
    Dimensions :337 x 449

300 DPI

Advice would be greatttttly appreciated!

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NinetyOne

Hi guys submitting my work permit application today. Have everything in order (at last!). Trying to do the IMM5257b_1 form which they say I need for a 2 year working visa (already have my CAL). They ask me to list every country I've been in for the last 5 years, I've done a lot of small stints abroad , including two inter-railling trips and several other small vacations. Do I really need to list all these? Nearly impossible to piece together...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NinetyOne

Daithi89 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just getting my photo ready for CIC - anyone have any idea if this size is ok?? Not really my forte...

Size : 55.1 KB
    Dimensions :337 x 449

300 DPI

Advice would be greatttttly appreciated!

David.

Daithi this photo will be too low quality , file size needs to be at least 60kb and no more than 240 kb. Also the DPI should be at least 420 x 540 so you are missing a parameter there. Check again the little help box on your personal checklist! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

Having a nightmare with the site since last week, I have one more form to attach and can't get it uploaded at all. Just got this response from CIC.

"Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

We verified the information provided. The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing periodic technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible. You may want to retry at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

Really shocking that a government site could be down for so long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Agreed, and not only that but I have been told it will probably be a month before they answer my email in the automated response, and between the Consulate here (not their fault in fairness, they have no authorised immigration), the London embassy and every office in Canada I have tried to call, they flat out refuse to help me whatsoever with my issue. The London office literally told me "just one second and I will transfer you now"... and then sent me to a pre recorded message tat basically says "we will not help you with your problem, goodbye" before the line went dead. That they even had that on pre record in itself was jarring.

The problem I am having is that my passport name is Billy but on my birth cert it is William. So as per the instructions I put Billy on my application (it does say "birth cert name: Billy XXXX" right above the passport photo), but the gards will only issue a police cert under "William" since that is what it is on my birth cert. Despite my passport saying my birth cert name right above it, the CIC will not accept this police cert. I got a new one today as the gards agreed to send one under "William XXXX, aka Billy XXXX" but forgot to put my middle name in the "Billy XXXX" part (it does state it by William, though). Not only will they refuse to answer if this is acceptable, but I also cannot upload it to find out which is frankly a joke. I submitted my stuff over a week ago and that time it took NINE hours to upload just three docs last Monday... by today I figured the problem would be fixed, but it just seems to have gotten worse.

I am rarely one to complain about anything even if I am not satisfied, but this is genuinely amongst the worst experience I have ever had with any government body, company or really anything I have ever dealt with ever, both in terms of user friendliness/technical issues, and customer service. Night and day would not even begin to describe the difference between in dealing with Canadian and Australian immigration, it is just shocking from head to toe.

I got my poe delighted have one year now to get myself ready and start saving my ass off!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Well my Girlfriend finally got her Garda Cert after over 6 weeks of waiting and numerous phone calls.

Finally stage two can begin for her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bntenright

Hi guys I'm really hoping someone can advise me what to do I got offered a job by a company in Northern Ireland for a job in Canada I was going applying for my iec anyway but they said it was there company policy to apply for it on my behalf ( didn't think that was allowed) anyway I got through stage 1 gave them all my details for stage 2 and now suddenly there is no job and there saying my poe still isn't through ( they say they submitted it on 2nd may) I think they have my poe but are holding it so I can't go to Canada working for someone else until they have a position I gave up a good job already as they told me to hand in my notice so now Im sitting here jobless no visa and no start date as they applied for it I don't have access to my cic account and I want to know if anyone knows who I can contact or what I can do I have asked for my login details and they refuse to give them to me HELP please :(:(

Bntenright wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm really hoping someone can advise me what to do I got offered a job by a company in Northern Ireland for a job in Canada I was going applying for my iec anyway but they said it was there company policy to apply for it on my behalf ( didn't think that was allowed) anyway I got through stage 1 gave them all my details for stage 2 and now suddenly there is no job and there saying my poe still isn't through ( they say they submitted it on 2nd may) I think they have my poe but are holding it so I can't go to Canada working for someone else until they have a position I gave up a good job already as they told me to hand in my notice so now Im sitting here jobless no visa and no start date as they applied for it I don't have access to my cic account and I want to know if anyone knows who I can contact or what I can do I have asked for my login details and they refuse to give them to me HELP please :(:(

contact mycic explain to them what has happened, they will ask you to prob send in id to verify you ect only way i think, once they know its you they should let you get in to the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bntenright

contact mycic explain to them what has happened, they will ask you to prob send in id to verify you ect only way i think, once they know its you they should let you get in to the account.

Thanks for the reply, do you have any idea how I contact them I've searched there page but there doesn't appear to be a contact email for them

it says only ring if in canada but i suppose you can try as couldnt find a email: 1-888-242‑2100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

it says only ring if in canada but i suppose you can try as couldnt find a email: 1-888-242‑2100

question@cic.gc.ca
    include all your details application number, name, date of birth phone number when you applied and what visa ya applied for etc and what your issuse is , some people got responses eventually but i wouldnt count on it being fast .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Hey guys, got my POE while I was away on holidays!

Have that and a job for the first 2 months sorted...hoping to be over my the end of Aug! :D

Hey guys, got my POE while I was away on holidays!

Have that and a job for the first 2 months sorted...hoping to be over my the end of Aug! :D

Congrats lollipops . Shall be heading myself that time too . Weather should be good still and we get a gradual cool down no straight to the extremely cold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Congrats lollipops . Shall be heading myself that time too . Weather should be good still and we get a gradual cool down no straight to the extremely cold

Where abouts you heading? I'll be based in Peterborough for the first 2 months, but moving down to Toronto after that!

Where abouts you heading? I'll be based in Peterborough for the first 2 months, but moving down to Toronto after that!

Heading straight to Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

HandMeDown wrote: »
    Having a nightmare with the site since last week, I have one more form to attach and can't get it uploaded at all. Just got this response from CIC.

"Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

We verified the information provided. The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing periodic technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible. You may want to retry at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada"

Really shocking that a government site could be down for so long...

I have noticed that around 5pm onwards its near impossible to access the site but earlier in the day its usually ok hope this helps?

Is anyone going to the visafirst jobs fair august 5th in dublin?

Is anyone going to the visafirst jobs fair august 5th in dublin?

I'd recommend you avoid all things Visa First scam artists they are full of s***

GerPower wrote: »
    I'd recommend you avoid all things Visa First scam artists they are full of s***

cheers ger i shall avoid so ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

***THE CIC WEBSITE APPEARS TO BE WORKING AGAIN - JUST UPLOADED MY AMENDED GARDA CLEARANCE CERT WITH NO LOADING OR ERROR 404/502/503 ISSUES***

Advertisement