Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

now the page won't work for me. this craic has got me stressed to the halt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Intifada wrote: »
    There was a major balls-up on their end and as such I'm struggling to meet the latest deadline - I sent them a message through the Kompass site some time ago but still haven't got a reply. Is there an email address I can get them on?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

Hey guys! Hoping for help here!
    I'm only getting round to completing stage 2 for myself & gf now. To be honest I haven't the time to go through 69 pages to try & find a valid answer. Basically the story is in 2010 I was drunk one night, and busting as you do be, ran down a side street for a sneaky pee & was caught by the Guards. Now I'm actually not one for ever getting in trouble so in a panic & a fear of getting done I told the Guard some random name, that was fair enough I was gonna be let go.. Here's where it's gets good, mate of mine comes round the corner to check what's keeping me, calls out my name, the Guard twigs I've given him a false name and BAM! I'm in cuffs, in a cell for the night & a month later in court with a TWO convictions! ''Refuse name & address'' and ''Disorderly conduct in a Public Place''. Oh and €500 & €200 fines respectively. Lucky me!

So here's the tricky bit, where it asks ''3 a) Have you ever be convicted... and 3 b) Please provide details...''
    What's down on the sheet I believe sounds like a serious criminal offence, yes I gave a false name, that's a baddie but how do I actually explain this to the Canadian Authorities without sounding like a pure knacker? (which these convictions make me sound like!) Does anybody have a similar situation, ie. applying with convictions?

Any help or experience on the matter much appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

I was helping a friend and his girlfriend fill out their myCIC account last night and i noticed their family form was different than the one i filled out. They had to fill out brothers, sisters etc. I said that i didnt fill that out and as far as i knew we didnt have to.

They went through go4less who pointed this out to them at the bottom on the 5707 form:

I cant post images but it states the form must be filled out by each person aged 18 or older or a minor travelling alone if you a passport holder from certain countries (listed - Ireland not included),

So they have gone ahead and filled out the 5645 form listed below instead! It clearly states if you require a Temporary Resident Visa you use the 5645 form.

The 5707 was the correct form to fill out wasnt it?

I cant believe go4less advised them to fill out the 5645, all the pages i have read through here everyone has used the 5707, will this have any impact on their application?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Where do I find my personal checklist code?

• Advertisement

BobC88 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Hoping for help here!
    I'm only getting round to completing stage 2 for myself & gf now. To be honest I haven't the time to go through 69 pages to try & find a valid answer. Basically the story is in 2010 I was drunk one night, and busting as you do be, ran down a side street for a sneaky pee & was caught by the Guards. Now I'm actually not one for ever getting in trouble so in a panic & a fear of getting done I told the Guard some random name, that was fair enough I was gonna be let go.. Here's where it's gets good, mate of mine comes round the corner to check what's keeping me, calls out my name, the Guard twigs I've given him a false name and BAM! I'm in cuffs, in a cell for the night & a month later in court with a TWO convictions! ''Refuse name & address'' and ''Disorderly conduct in a Public Place''. Oh and €500 & €200 fines respectively. Lucky me!

So here's the tricky bit, where it asks ''3 a) Have you ever be convicted... and 3 b) Please provide details...''
    What's down on the sheet I believe sounds like a serious criminal offence, yes I gave a false name, that's a baddie but how do I actually explain this to the Canadian Authorities without sounding like a pure knacker? (which these convictions make me sound like!) Does anybody have a similar situation, ie. applying with convictions?

Any help or experience on the matter much appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

Just tell the truth I have numerous convictions for various things from a few years ago (thankfully over 5) so just tick yes for having convictions and where it asks to explain I just listed the convictions I had, I had 2 abbreviate because it doesn't give you much space so not sure what explaining you can do.

I'm sure u you can send an additional document explaining it, and considering how minor of an offence it is it I would add a sheet explaining. I didn't bother as I really had no excuse for my actions, but I think you should be ok.

Where on the CIC page do you submit a second police check? Like if you have lived in another country for a long enough period it said earlier in the application process you would need checks from both - but this page only asks for one.

Also when I filled out that big MM1295E form, it only asked for addresses in previous countries if I'd spent 6+ months there in the past 5 years - I have not, but I did grow up else where prior for many years prior to that. Do I not need to state it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

Where on the CIC page do you submit a second police check? Like if you have lived in another country for a long enough period it said earlier in the application process you would need checks from both - but this page only asks for one.

Also when I filled out that big MM1295E form, it only asked for addresses in previous countries if I'd spent 6+ months there in the past 5 years - I have not, but I did grow up else where prior for many years prior to that. Do I not need to state it?

You can put them all into one pdf (merge them into one pdf) so they can be uploaded under one tab. I forgot to do this and ended up having to add my second one to additional documents. Was accepted anyway.

Your second question i wouldnt think you need to as its the past 5yrs only. But maybe check that with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Vancouv

juansheet wrote: »
    Where do I find my personal checklist code?

Thats when you fill out the questionaire at the very beginning it think. I printed it, says you need it later. It gives you a code as a reference number later. If i remember right..complete the questionnaire on the main cic page and it will tell you at the end to print or write down the code they then give you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RE. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUESTS AND DELAYS

I have noticed a few people have had problems with their additional docs not being checked for ages, and having to ring the embassy in London to get them looked at (and the London embassy are nothing short of a disgrace to deal with, in my experience). When you upload the additional requested document, you need to retransmit it all again, with the digital signature, etc!

It doesn't tell you this anywhere from what I can see, but I am just a after noticing the "next" button and redoing it, having uploaded my second Garda clearance cert two weeks ago and not hearing back. I was in the middle of sending them an email asking why and was looking for so Eli dog reference number when I spotted it.

Just a heads up, will let you know how long it takes from here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Just a quick update i got my POE there tonight was dreading getting messages as i was expecting them to look for this form and that form and so on but over all happy now this process is over with and i have to say wouldn't have done it without the help of people on here. Thanks to anyone who answered my queries over the past few months now to save for flights and the health insurance the next hurdle to jump. Good luck to anyone else waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meeep

Hi,

I am filling out my IMM1295 form and where it says fill out your name as it is on you passport, I only have my first and last name on it. However on my police cert they have included my middle name. So my question is on the section under where you fill in your name as found in your passport it asks have you ever used any other name - nickname, maiden name or allias should I put in my name and include my middle name or not?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

You have to go by the exact name on the passport. My police cert only had my first and last name and my passport had first,middle and last name and they would not except it.. so i had to get a new police cert with my middle name included.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meeep

Ok thanks, I may get a new police cert and ask for them to just put my first and last name on it to save any problems! :)

Guys you know how the Kompass letter of acceptance you get has an expiration date? What's the story with that - as long as you have your CIC application submitted (with the letter uploaded) by that day are you grand? Like it doesn't matter if they take their time processing it?

Also what happens if there's a problem with your CIC application, like say if soem documents aren't correct or photo scans aren't good enough quality? Will they just ask you for new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drunkenhobo

HandMeDown wrote: »
    Help.

I've just received my POE this morning but looking at the validity date it has already expired. It reads:

You must enter Canada no later than the validity date noted below.

Permit validity (YYYY/MM/DD):2014/06/18

Shouldn't that be 2015??

Has anybody any idea who I can contact about this I've searched all over the site but can't find anything on myCIC?!

I have the same issue. Did you sort it out?

I'm after uploading and submitting the wrong fecking file for the garda vetting form. Is there a way I can correct this?

Look at what I uploaded instead, I'm some dope

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

I have the same issue. Did you sort it out?

Yes someone on here suggested I email LDNIMMIGRATION(at)international.gc.ca and they sorted it out right away.

(wont let me post proper email address)

OK, after doing a lot of reading up i am a bit worried and confused about my criminal convictions.

All are over 5 years and all are minor. However when i initially sent my police cert it stated i had a conviction for theft. When i looked this up on the CIC website it stated that you may not be allowed to enter Canada (i.e. rehabilitated) until 10 years has passed, which it hasn't.

Anyways CIC asked for more police / court records and when i got them it stated that i was in court on a theft charge but was NOT convicted and the case was thrown out. However it does say i have an extra public order conviction so the local garda station may have gotten them mixed up.

Does this mean i will be ok if i dont actually have a theft conviction? Will it cause confusion that there are differences in both the original cert and the court report?

Im thinking of just sending all off and writing a cover letter saying the original police cert was a mistake and i dont actually have a theft conviction and the court report will prove that.

The rehabilitation process is a different story...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

hi does anybody know how to sign the work permit electronically?

• Advertisement

^Once you have everything uploaded you click next and it brings you to a signature screen where you just literally type your name into a box.

Turns out the guards made a mistake, they had me down for having a conviction for theft over 6 years ago and CIC asked for more infor, so when i got the court records it said the case was struck out. I rang the guards and they said they made a mistake.

From what i read Canada look down upon theft convictions pretty bad (i was drunk in tesco n stole something for a laugh - stupid but not serious), and if the guards hadnt made their mistake and said i had a conviction it wouldnt have shown up on the police cert in the first place so now even if i send of the court reports saying i wasnt convicted along with a letter, they will still know i was in court on charges of theft.

If i get rejected because of a guards error.....

Durag wrote: »
    From what i read Canada look down upon theft convictions pretty bad (i was drunk in tesco n stole something for a laugh - stupid but not serious), and if the guards hadnt made their mistake and said i had a conviction it wouldnt have shown up on the police cert in the first place so now even if i send of the court reports saying i wasnt convicted along with a letter, they will still know i was in court on charges of theft.

If i get rejected because of a guards error.....

Best of luck with that, but why was it struck out if you did do it? (no moral posturing here, I've done the same I just didn't get caught :P)

Best of luck with that, but why was it struck out if you did do it? (no moral posturing here, I've done the same I just didn't get caught :P)

I guess coz it was such a minor offence they took pity on me and just fined me instead of having a theft conviction hanging over me.

I was up another time for two offences, and they might convict you for one and just fine you for the other. Depends on the judge really.

Just got word back, they are re-sending the police report minus the theft conviction (but with a public order in its place :mad: but it is correct), and a letter of explanation saying they made a mistake with the original form.

I also have a copy of the court record stating that I wasnt convicted.

But what is annoying is that if the guards had not made this error CIC would never know i was ever in court over theft (the report just had convictions) and even though i wasnt convicted they now know i was up on theft charges. I hope to god this doesnt ruin everything...

OK, so I FINALLY got a letter back stating my application as been approved with a UCI #, document #, stating my "type: Permit, WP" and tat my permit will be issued to me upon arrival in Canada. It does not state the exact type of permit however and states it is "not a legal authorisation permitting you to enter or remain in Canada" as well as of course telling me I need adequate funds and health insurance sorted.

Now this is a really, really stupid question I know, but can I ask someone to confirm this is my POE letter and if I hypothetically wanted I could book a flit to Canada next week and being my visa? I wouldnt want to just show up there and be told I had not finished the process!! Because I finished work on June 1, have been in an awful state of limbo since (thank JAYSUS for the World Cup!), have roughly $10,000 saved and am eager to just get up and out of ere immediately.

Timin could not have been better thouh, I put in my original application the day after the WC started (could have for a week earlier but their website was broken) and its my birthday tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

I was a little underwhelmed by the POE as well. It's not very specific and no where does it state this allows you to work for any employer for upto 24months etc. How will the customs officer know how long to issue it for? Is all the info on the barcode?

It'd be great to here from someone who's actually entered Canada using their POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

HandMeDown wrote: »
    I was a little underwhelmed by the POE as well. It's not very specific and no where does it state this allows you to work for any employer for upto 24months etc. How will the customs officer know how long to issue it for? Is all the info on the barcode?

It'd be great to here from someone who's actually entered Canada using their POE.

They know believe me, soon as I walked up to the immigration desk the guy say my passport and went "met me guess, 2 year visa?" they just give you your work permit and staple it to your passport. takes all of 5 mins. That's all he asked me for too, no insurance, no proof of funds, nada. I could have been coming in without a penny to my name and no insurance and he'd have been none the wiser.

krudler wrote: »
    They know believe me, soon as I walked up to the immigration desk the guy say my passport and went "met me guess, 2 year visa?" they just give you your work permit and staple it to your passport. takes all of 5 mins. That's all he asked me for too, no insurance, no proof of funds, nada. I could have been coming in without a penny to my name and no insurance and he'd have been none the wiser.

Cheers, you are a lifesaver, been a little worried about that the last few days.

Its the same in Australia, I strolled in and had no cehcks. For as "hard as nails" as they try to make it out on that Border Force programme, Aussie airport staff are dead friendly, even let me stay in the 10 person queue for Australians and New Zealanders rather than they (no joke) 1,000 plus queue for all other nationalities when I wound up there by accident. And let me keep my 400 cigarettes when the limit is 20 because I ticked "yes" to having over the 20 limt they allow (the old laser cards didnt work on the plane, I only had $100 bills and they did not ave enough cash change). I didnt even have to argue my point, I was good an ready to give them the extra 10 to throw away or give to friends or whatever.

Still highly recommend getting the insurance for anyone travelling since it doesnt cost much, and even just having a friend or family member transfer the necessary funds to your account a few day before travelling (if you dont have it) because in Australia at least, occasional/random spot checks do happen, so I assume Canada is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi All

I wasn't able to upload my "additional information" file for a while as there was a problem with the site or something i think but i forgot to go back to it and went to do it last week and my application was gone I went to start again but when i checked my CAL i saw that it is now expired!!! I sent them an email via the Kompass website but nobody has responded.

Is there any way of getting this back on track i feel so stupid for letting this happen. If i've lost out now do i even get my $100 dollars back or whatever it was and id so how as i added this in my email but like i said i have heard nothing back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

AFAIK once your CAL is expired, it's over, your place will go to someone on the waiting list. Sorry :( There's a button in Kompass to request a refund, but I'm not sure if that still works once your CAL has expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

AmyPL wrote: »
    AFAIK once your CAL is expired, it's over, your place will go to someone on the waiting list. Sorry :( There's a button in Kompass to request a refund, but I'm not sure if that still works once your CAL has expired.

Crap, thanks for letting me know :(

Advertisement