Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Sorry one last question, If my CAL expires and I lose my place does that mean I can't apply again this year or next ? Thanks

You can apply again this year but you'll go back on the waiting list or you can apply again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

You can apply again this year but you'll go back on the waiting list or you can apply again next year.

Thanks for all the help. I went into the garda station and submitted the form for police cert but the garda said it could be 2 weeks for it. That's 2 days past my cal date, is it possible to submit my application without the police cert and with a letter of explanation? Of course I'll wait til the last day of my cal to do it if I have to. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

More than likely wont take 2 weeks,i have got 3 of them over the last few years 1 week was the longest i waited but depends where you live and how busy the super is i suppose.I know of someone who sent all their stuff with letter of explanation and forwarded cert a few days later and got accepted.It depends who is accesing it in Canada it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

Call back into station in 2 or 3 days and tell them you need it badly,if you meet a sound guard they will push it through for you

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

More than likely wont take 2 weeks,i have got 3 of them over the last few years 1 week was the longest i waited but depends where you live and how busy the super is i suppose.I know of someone who sent all their stuff with letter of explanation and forwarded cert a few days later and got accepted.It depends who is accesing it in Canada it seems.

Thanks for that, I'll try giving them a ring early next week. I guess if it doesnt come by then, I'll take the chance of submitting and see if they give me extra time.

BTW it was the Ballymun Garda station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bettio

Hi,
    I set up my Kompass account the first week in september, received my CAL but it says it expires on the 23rd, that is 2 weeks from the date it was issued, is that normal?
    i have been trying to get everything ready to submit for that date, but its impossible. I still have no police check and I lived in New York for a year in the past 5 years, so I need to get police clearance from there and read in a previous post that can take 7-8 weeks, nevermind the week for the irish police clearance. Also need to get the common law union form signed by a notary and passport photos which im going to tryin the online sites mentioned on this.
    can I submit the 3 forms I have filled in so far with the CAL letter before it expires and hope they just ask me to send on the others without cancelling me? the CIC account tells me I have 50 days left?? how are the deadlines so different?
    also to confirm, for the iec working holiday, we do not need to fill int the app for temp resident visa?
    Sorry, i have been researching this info for the past two weeks and cant seem to find straight answers?? very stressed!!
    any help will be appreciated!
    thanks!

Hi sorry just wondering what kinda of proof if any it need to send with my application as I have a common law partner, he is making his own application but we still hav to say we r common law, do I send anything with the deceleration or only if they ask?? And do I get the deceleration signed by a notary, then take a picture of it and send it? My cal expires tomorrow and I hav no police very from Ireland or America! Should I send as much as I can in today and just attach a letter of explanation to say I will send the rest when I get them??
    Thanks

bettio wrote: »
    Hi sorry just wondering what kinda of proof if any it need to send with my application as I have a common law partner, he is making his own application but we still hav to say we r common law, do I send anything with the deceleration or only if they ask?? And do I get the deceleration signed by a notary, then take a picture of it and send it? My cal expires tomorrow and I hav no police very from Ireland or America! Should I send as much as I can in today and just attach a letter of explanation to say I will send the rest when I get them??
    Thanks

Why do you need to send proof that you are common law? I didn't have to send any proof that I was married...

On the statutory declaration, it says what documentary evidence do you have that would indicate that you are common law partners? Do I just say what I could provide if asked? I have photos, plane tickets, shared phone bill, mail addressed to same address, letters, postcards, car insurance in both names.

On the statutory declaration, it says what documentary evidence do you have that would indicate that you are common law partners? Do I just say what I could provide if asked? I have photos, plane tickets, shared phone bill, mail addressed to same address, letters, postcards, car insurance in both names.

What statutory declaration?

• Advertisement

Form IMM5409E the Statutory Decleration of Common-Law Union? Do I not have to fill that in for the IEC Working Holiday?? I thought I did if I am in a common law relationship? it has to be signed by a commissioner of Oaths also?

Form IMM5409E the Statutory Decleration of Common-Law Union? Do I not have to fill that in for the IEC Working Holiday?? I thought I did if I am in a common law relationship? it has to be signed by a commissioner of Oaths also?

Did you do the Come to Canada checklist? If so that lists what documents you need to submit for the IEC. As IEC does not grant implied status to spouse/common-law partners, I would be surprised if you need to fill in that declaration. I might be wrong though.

App for work permit
    CAL
    CV
    Passport
    Digital Photo
    Police Cert
    Family information

When I went to download the forms and checklist there were some that were 'if applical' so I presumed I would have to fill it in? Did others fill in this form??

Also for this question what should my answer be? I f we are both applying for our separate visas? Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a temporary worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?
    Sorry, I have been up all night trying to get this right as my deadline is tomorrow so Im really stressed out with it! thank you so much for replying!!

Also for this question what should my answer be? I f we are both applying for our separate visas? Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a temporary worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?
    Sorry, I have been up all night trying to get this right as my deadline is tomorrow so Im really stressed out with it! thank you so much for replying!!

I put in No for that question (and i think other people did). I think answering yes there implies that it is a joint application and one will be relying on the other for status. As I said, IEC does not allow implied status.

From reading up it looks like IMM5409E is only required when one partner is trying to get implied status so I don't see why it would be required. Maybe someone who has stated common-law could be able to answer better. But like I said neither myself or my wife were asked for proof of marriage and we both got POE.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think my fiancé and I selected common law, as opposed to single, but we didn't fill in any extra forms, certainly not one that needed signing by a commissioner of oaths! I think in the letter of explanation, we both just mentione that were engaged but applying separately so it had no bearing on our application.

And yes, just upload everything you can today, and in te letter of explanation, explain you couldn't get everything before the expiry date of the CAL, which was shorter than standard. You'll be fine.

I've already answered variations of this questions several times of the forum; I'm very surprised you didn't read through the threads and see that.

Thank you so much for yer help! Im nearly ready to go, just 1 last question:
    i can find the question loads but not really the answer.. I have Schedule 1 form in my optional section and says 'not provided' in the details box, just want to confirm that I do Not have to fill in this from and send it with my application?? its only if I was applying for residency so doesnt apply to me?
    I uploaded two visa pictures from that website idphotoforu in a pdf, have no police check so uploaded 1 from 2009 and explained in my extra letter.
    Im so scared...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mnidhuibhir

Hi there

Just wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I remember when I filled out the Come to Canada questionnaire I specified the province I planned on travelling to. My plans have now changed and I am considering other provinces. I'm just wondering does my choice in the Come to Canada questionnaire limit me to that province seeing as my POE doesn't seem to specify a province?

Thanks a mil :)

Hi there

Just wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I remember when I filled out the Come to Canada questionnaire I specified the province I planned on travelling to. My plans have now changed and I am considering other provinces. I'm just wondering does my choice in the Come to Canada questionnaire limit me to that province seeing as my POE doesn't seem to specify a province? I'd say there is a pretty obvious answer but I can't be bothered contacting someone official :)

Hi there

Just wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I remember when I filled out the Come to Canada questionnaire I specified the province I planned on travelling to. My plans have now changed and I am considering other provinces. I'm just wondering does my choice in the Come to Canada questionnaire limit me to that province seeing as my POE doesn't seem to specify a province? I'd say there is a pretty obvious answer but I can't be bothered contacting someone official :)

You are free to live and work in any province.

• Advertisement

You are free to live and work in any province.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. I wonder why they asked then!

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. I wonder why they asked then!

There are some immigration streams where you can be sponsored by a province on the basis that you take up a job in that province.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HandMeDown

Hi all,

Quick question I was wondering if anyone had any experience with. Does anyone know how renewing my passport would effect my POE?

I received my POE in June and don't plan on using it until 2015, as they'll only issue a work permit for the length of your passport I thought about getting mine renewed so as to get the full 2 years out of it.

Does anyone know how this would effect my POE, would they need to/be willing to issue a new one?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emermatt

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me.

I uploaded my documents for stage 2 on the 12th of Sept. Police certificates from UK and Ireland were dated the 26th of August 2014. I received a message from CiC saying:IN ORDER TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION, AT THIS TIME, WE ONLY REQUIRE a Police Certificate from the United Kingdom, issued by the ACPO Criminal Records Office within 3 months from the date you submitted your stage 2 application.

This must be received at this office by: 2014/12/19 I just resubmitted the Police certificate from the UK issued on the 26th of Aug 14 as this was within the 3 months. I am now worried that they may have requested a police certificate after the 12th of Sept. Anyone know of a similar situation that can help? Or is there a way I can contact CIC to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone know how to submit a form in my case police certificate while the stage is open or do I just wait till they ask for additional documentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Guys, quick question!
    I'm in an unusual situation, I need to be in Canada before April 1st, or my letter expires and I can't get a VISA. However, I started a job recently that I quite like, and don't want to leave it - I also don't want to miss the opportunity to live in Canada.

If I arrive for a short holiday (a week or 2) before my POE expires, get my VISA and SSN, then return to Ireland - live and work in Ireland until April 2016 - Can I return to Canada that month, and stay for the remainder of my VISA (12 months)?

I'm curious if there is a rule that states: "Once you obtain your visa, you must stay in Canada for 24 months/ can't leave Canada and return in excess of 90 days" or something. Can anyone clarify? I took a look at the FAQ and didn't notice anything. Thanks!
    I might be getting confused with insurance expiring.... hopefully I am.

EDIT: (I'm an idiot)

"During the validity of your work permit, you may leave and re-enter Canada as many times as you wish. However, you must ensure that you meet the entrance requirements of the country you plan to visit."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Hey,

I've been thinking about heading over to Canada in the new year, but it occurred to me that I have no idea what the next step is after completing stage two of the application process.

I got my POE and then procrastinated for a little while because, as far as I know, that's the last hurdle. So, now what?

I'm confident the answer lies somewhere in these pages, but it is a very long thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brokenghost

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Hey,

I've been thinking about heading over to Canada in the new year, but it occurred to me that I have no idea what the next step is after completing stage two of the application process.

I got my POE and then procrastinated for a little while because, as far as I know, that's the last hurdle. So, now what?

I'm confident the answer lies somewhere in these pages, but it is a very long thread.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm in the same boat; I had to delay for a while but I'm hoping to head over early next year.

As far as I remember, the most important things to have, other than the POE, are health insurance and (I think) at least €3000 in the bank when you arrive. Also, don't forget to get a 24 month visa, as you are Irish and entitled to twice as long as everyone else. (There were some stories of Irish people only getting twelve month visas because they did not check the documents they were given and did not remind immigration or whoever it was on the gates when they arrived in Canada).

Naturally, you'd be wise to at least have a hostel lined up for your first few nights as well, if you aren't staying with friends or anything.

I think that's all. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Hi there,

I'm in the same boat; I had to delay for a while but I'm hoping to head over early next year.

As far as I remember, the most important things to have, other than the POE, are health insurance and (I think) at least €3000 in the bank when you arrive. Also, don't forget to get a 24 month visa, as you are Irish and entitled to twice as long as everyone else. (There were some stories of Irish people only getting twelve month visas because they did not check the documents they were given and did not remind immigration or whoever it was on the gates when they arrived in Canada).

Naturally, you'd be wise to at least have a hostel lined up for your first few nights as well, if you aren't staying with friends or anything.

I think that's all. Good luck :)

Yes just bring your POE letter, evidence of health/travel insurance and a recent bank statement showing you have the required amount (I thought it was only $2500 which was required but could be wrong).

Also its a good idea to bring a drivers abstract and record of your no claims bonus from insurance company if your planning to drive over there.

Advertisement