Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

How do you prove funds? I don't have a full postal statement, but would an e-statement, one of those yokes you can print in a branch, do the trick? I don't know if that has your name on it though does it?

They probably won't check (They didn't check mine on Friday, all I had was a mini statement anyway)
    But if they do, you'll want a full statement/ printed e-statement with your details included on it. Mini statement (from BOI, anyway) doesn't have any personal information unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ShaneC_1988

Is it out of the question to have $2,000 CAD in cash? I don't keep my money under a mattress but I do keep it in a drawer, and I've inexplicably left it a little late to lodge and I'm worried that it won't show on a statement in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is it out of the question to have $2,000 CAD in cash? I don't keep my money under a mattress but I do keep it in a drawer, and I've inexplicably left it a little late to lodge and I'm worried that it won't show on a statement in time.

Well, as far as I know, you need $2,500 minimum funds. So that's your first problem. I can't see how carrying cash would be an issue though. Unless the rules explicitly state you cannot carry cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ShaneC_1988

Does anybody know if the rules explicitly state that you need to prove it via a statement rather than cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Does anybody know if the rules explicitly state that you need to prove it via a statement rather than cash?

Well as you don't have a bank account set up like most do when they go to Australia it can be hard to determine funds, but if you have a credit card put all your cash into that then use something like currency fair to transfer to your new Canadian Bank.

Another option take a screen garb of you funds in your account the day before you leave save that on your phone or print it off. You could also have $1000 Canadian Dollars on your wallet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Is it ok to bring my proof of funds in cash with me?ill have 3500 dollars with me in cash going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I don't know if cash goes towards funds, I guess it might? This is on the site though regarding carrying money, which isn't a problem for you

If you arrive in Canada with CAN$10,000 or more, you must tell the CBSA officer. If you do not, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

I'm heading over in a few weeks for a week only, just checking what documents I need and I can't find anywhere saying you need insurance for the duration of the visa or if I am covered with just having insurance for the week i'll be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

jozi wrote: »
    I can't find anywhere saying you need insurance for the duration of the visa or if I am covered with just having insurance for the week i'll be there?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=939&t=25

"If your insurance policy is valid for less time than your expected stay in Canada, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance."

If I have insurance to cover me the week I'm there do I risk being granted the visa for just the duration of my stay? I don't want to lose the visa as I might head back in a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

jozi wrote: »
    If I have insurance to cover me the week I'm there do I risk being granted the visa for just the duration of my stay?

For the duration of your insurance cover. So if your insurance expires after a week, they might give you a visa which expires in a week.

Basically they don't want you being in the country on your work permit without health insurance, now or at any point in the next two years.

• Advertisement

So I'm better of gettin. Insurance for the duration of the visa period? Or do they not check this very often?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Woolbrains

Just going over everything, few questions, would be amazing if any of you can help. Thanks so much!

So I (Some would say rather foolishly but I want to get over ASAP) handed in my notice in my job a while back as I didn't expect Stage 1 to drag on so much. And I'm still waiting on my CAL due a technical mishap - d'oh!!!

On the IM1295E, it asks for current employment/activity. Do I just say unemployed. Should I give a reason with it?

And in the Field and Level of Study in the education, it gives you a tiny amount of space. Do I just right College and the field of study? Not really enough room for the grade.

And I know this sounds really dumb, but if there isn't an asterisk beside a field, am I okay to leave it blank? The layout on these forms as I am sure you all know are somewhat err... wonky?

Thanks a mill guys. Really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Woolbrains

Sorry another question. What are people putting down for the "proposed route" in the itinerary document upload if you haven't booked a flight? Just a word doc with airport details? Obviously not booking anything till I have the whole thing confirmed.

Thanks a mill.

Just going over everything, few questions, would be amazing if any of you can help. Thanks so much!

So I (Some would say rather foolishly but I want to get over ASAP) handed in my notice in my job a while back as I didn't expect Stage 1 to drag on so much. And I'm still waiting on my CAL due a technical mishap - d'oh!!!

On the IM1295E, it asks for current employment/activity. Do I just say unemployed. Should I give a reason with it?

And in the Field and Level of Study in the education, it gives you a tiny amount of space. Do I just right College and the field of study? Not really enough room for the grade.

And I know this sounds really dumb, but if there isn't an asterisk beside a field, am I okay to leave it blank? The layout on these forms as I am sure you all know are somewhat err... wonky?

Thanks a mill guys. Really appreciate it.

Yeah you can put down unemployed it wont make a difference. For the Education just the course code, years attended and town/city of the college. If a question doesn't apply to you just pass on it and any question with an asterisk (*) you must fill out.

Details of intended work you can ignore as you probably don't have a job lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Is it too late to apply for this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

For the millionth time, no. Go on their website and go through the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Can I use a statement from an Irish credit union as proof of funds? Its where my savings are, not my bank account.

Can I use a statement from an Irish credit union as proof of funds? Its where my savings are, not my bank account.

I'm doing the same when i head over in a few weeks but i'm going to transfer the money in my Credit Union account to my Currency Fair account then transfer to my new Canadian Bank account. I recommend that option as you save on conversion fees. Did you set up online banking with your Credit Union yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Filling out the forms now, in my checklist the family form is listed as IMM5707 but as I was filling it out it says this form is for people who hold a passport from the following countries but I aint from them countries then it says if your not download and fill in IMM5645 instead, so which one do us Irish fill in and upload ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 canada189

Has anyone gotten a POE yet?

I'm getting a little nervous. I submitted my application on the 1st, and received a phantom email on the 2nd. I have my flight booked for this day next week, the 21st. I'm not holding my breath that I'll have my POE in time. If I don't, what's the procedure? Go over on a holiday visa? When I get my POE cross a border (train or plane into the US and back)? What do I tell the immigration agent when I land, that I'm here on a holiday visa and neglect to mention that I'm waiting on a POE (I have no return flight, a little fishy), or just say I'm waiting on a POE. Any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reggey

Hi

I'm planning on moving to Toronto early next year. I've read it's an expensive city to live in. My main employment experience is bar work and I was wondering if working in a bar would be enough to survive there?

Any advice is fully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Hey just wondering if anyone could help I applied for and received a visa almost 12 months ago and I am hoping to travel over to Canada shortly to activate it but in the maze of paperwork I cant seem to locate my letter of introduction/POE! I know I received it but its not in my kompass account ??Where should it be and if I cant find it has anyone any decent contact email(cic never respond) or phone number??? any help would be huge im on the verge of losing whats left of my mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hey just wondering if anyone could help I applied for and received a visa almost 12 months ago and I am hoping to travel over to Canada shortly to activate it but in the maze of paperwork I cant seem to locate my letter of introduction/POE! I know I received it but its not in my kompass account ??Where should it be and if I cant find it has anyone any decent contact email(cic never respond) or phone number??? any help would be huge im on the verge of losing whats left of my mind!!

Already answered here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95681514&postcount=936

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RBelle

Hey Guys

I'm coming from Aus. and I am applying for my working holiday VISA. In stage 2 it has an optional documents section for a "Schedule 1" and "Letter of Explanation". Does anyone know if I need to attach these documents and what they are?

Thanks in advance!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roseofclare

Police cert from Spain!!!

Irish Girl Here hoping to go to Canada in May 2016. I studied in Spain from sept 2010 to june 2011. It is absolutely necessary to get a police cert? If yes, then I have downloaded the 790 form to apply by post. My question is about the certification of the documents. Do I need a Notary Public/Apostille (I only learnt these existed today) to verify the authenticity of the document? Or is a signature from a Garda ok? Please Help!!

Edel

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Hi guys, hoping someone that has maybe been in a similar position will know this one.

Hoping to apply next year for the IEC visa, im from Northern Ireland so have had little to no contact with the Gards, do i still need to get a Garda certificate, as well as / instead of PSNI? If so what would the best way to go about this be?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

I'm really worried here and at a loss
    heres the situation

applied for the iec visa

and got approved

only after noticing that on stage 2 you were meant to scan any pages in passport that has a stamp …….never did just scanned the info page

whats going to happen when i land -i have already emailed cic about this
    but has anyone got previous experience with this???

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

yashio wrote: »
    I'm really worried here and at a loss
    heres the situation

applied for the iec visa

and got approved

only after noticing that on stage 2 you were meant to scan any pages in passport that has a stamp …….never did just scanned the info page

whats going to happen when i land -i have already emailed cic about this
    but has anyone got previous experience with this???

Did you get a response to this issue? I only scanned my info page in too but the only stamp I have in my passport is for a visit to canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Adam!038

My cic application was updated to accepted, any idea how long it should take to get my actual POE?

Advertisement