Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burritos and blues opened on Paul Street

Options
  • 15-03-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just read that burritos and blues opened on Paul street :). Not impressed with Banditos, Amigo is ok. Anyone tried burritos and blues here or Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Good lord how many burrito places does cork need ? Seems like there's a new one every week. Is originality dead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

they still need a decant Mexican place, anyone know of any besides from mexiancano not impressed with them

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Have had Burritos and Blues 5 or 6 times in Dublin and 4 times in Cork.

I think it's delicious. Not as good as Boojum or Pablo Picante probably but much better than El Banditos in my opinion. You decide what goes in the burrito, which is how I like it.

The Cork place is still learning though. Quite slow making the burritos and a tad cold at times, but improving each time I go!

Got the blow your head off salsa once. Finished the burrito but was a painful experience haha

horgan_p wrote: »
    Good lord how many burrito places does cork need ? Seems like there's a new one every week. Is originality dead ?

In fairness there's only two burrito places + Amigo which is Tex-Mex.

Better than another kebab shop!

Although I wouldn't say no to some persian cuisine like Zaytoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

B+B is nice, a lot nicer than El Banditos IMHO but it's not a patch on the Dublin version. Also they are painfully slow as already mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Paul Street is an absolute kip. Tesco Paul Street is vile. The amount of idiots who can't enter or exit the right doors in the shopping centre is mental. Despise that place

Paul Street is an absolute kip. Tesco Paul Street is vile. The amount of idiots who can't enter or exit the right doors in the shopping centre is mental. Despise that place

It's not in the shopping centre/car park building. It's where puccinos used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really wanted to like El Bandititos but there was just no real flavour at all - big feed for €6 but not very nice.

Must try the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

horgan_p wrote: »

So long as we have more businesses open to the public and less empty shop fronts in this fine city the better.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I really wanted to like El Bandititos but there was just no real flavour at all - big feed for €6 but not very nice.

Must try the other two.

Ditto. Had been trying to get there for ages and was slightly disappointed in the end. A huge burrito, couldn't finish it, but lacking flavour really

I've always hoped that "Casita Mexicana" from Killarney would open a place in Cork. Excellently fresh and flavoursome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

LOL! I always end up with Raspberry Beret stuck in my head for that very reason when I have to go there :D "She walked in through the out door"

What about 6ix? They have a pretty good range of Latin American food. I've only had tacos and empanedas in there yet, buy they were very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I wish a proper Mexican restaurant would open in the city - there's a huge market for it. The only 'mexican' restaurant is cafe mexicana, and I think we all know how downhill that has gone and it is also way overpriced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

I just hate the name "Burrito and blues". There are saxophones on the logo and all, but inside is pretty boring with no style or decor or atmosphere. Totally pretentious. Do they even play blues music in there?

El Banditos is very tasteless i agree. You'll be stuffed after one of their burritos but it literally tastes of nothing.

Must try Amigos.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

GobblyNob wrote: »
    I just hate the name "Burrito and blues". There are saxophones on the logo and all, but inside is pretty boring with no style or decor or atmosphere. Totally pretentious. Do they even play blues music in there?

El Banditos is very tasteless i agree. You'll be stuffed after one of their burritos but it literally tastes of nothing.

Must try Amigos.
    I'm very impressed with Amigo's. It's the best of the bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Tried it a few times over the last couple of months and it's not great. They're quite stingey with the portions and take so much time ensuring that only a dribble of salsa/sour cream falls off the spoon into your burrito that it's pretty irritating. The first time I went there was one girl teaching another girl how to make the burritos and she came over to scrape some salsa off of mine because the new girl had given me too much apparently :rolleyes:

If you're used to Boojum or similar you'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I quite like El Banditos, its great for a good feed but like others said it can be a bit bland.
    Burritos and Blues was really disappointing the portion was absolutely tiny and didn't taste any better than El Banditos in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Amigos is the best of the 3 new openings, but we need a Boojum really

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thomaz

Interesting first post....don't post here again

Mod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

thomaz wrote: »

Lay off the smoke dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

thomaz wrote: »

Good story.

• Advertisement