Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Collooney!!

Options
  • 16-03-2014 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I had reason to stop in Collooney village this afternoon, and as I was waiting in my car I noticed how dirty the main street was, and that was at 3.30pm. The was also this gastly music blaring from some type of a 'Pound shop' which didn't help at all.

It's such a nice village apart from all the litter on the road and footpaths, this place must not have any Tidy Towns committee in place, however most of the rubbish would appear to come from some of the businesses as in fast food wrappers and cigarette butts outside pubs. That said the village looks rather grubby and it's such a shame. :mad:

Comments

Ballisodare is the same, very grubby, no one seems to care anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I always note how awful the parking/driving is there. Nobody there knows how to do either. I'm still trying to figure out where all the cars on the main street come from? There's virtually no shops... must all be in the pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Ideally Collooney village should be open to 'one way' traffic only, Bebo stunnah is correct in pointing out the traffic hazards.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

I'm still trying to figure out where all the cars on the main street come from? There's virtually no shops... must all be in the pub?

A lot of people live on the main street, there's mostly houses and small apartments on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

R_overs1 wrote: »
    A lot of people live on the main street, there's mostly houses and small apartments on it.

None of those are there before 9 o clock. Plus the side with the owenmore pub on it has a lane behind to those houses plus the apartments have their own car parking.

I agree with ham Sambo with the one way. I have 0% faith in something like that working though, as they already park on double yellows, double park, don't stop and drove on whatever side of the road they want...

• Advertisement
Advertisement