Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is the 'So do Celtic really need Rangers at all' thread locked?

• 16-03-2014 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there is no Mod note was it locked by the author?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Noticed that myself.
    Thought it was merged into the Celtic thread.

Expecting a ticking off now from the mods for answering the Op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Noticed that myself.
    Thought it was merged into the Celtic thread.

Expecting a ticking off now from the mods for answering the Op

Thought it was a fair question for someone to ask that doesn't really follow either team. The question would be lost in either super thread.

Nothing controversial in the thread either so I assume the op locked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Only mods and admins can lock threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Don't know why it was locked. I think its bad form to lock it without so much as a note stating the reason.

The Chelsea/Villa thread, as an example, was pushing the charter far more then this one, that thread got a warning and the celtic one simply locked. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Don't know why it was locked. I think its bad form to lock it without so much as a note stating the reason.

The Chelsea/Villa thread, as an example, was pushing the charter far more then this one, that thread got a warning and the celtic one simply locked. Why?

I'm guessing because that was a match day thread.

No reason why the Celtic thing should be outside superthread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

gosplan wrote: »

This, all it looks like to me is a thread to bait Rangers fans into having an argument.

Starts off with we don't need Rangers, next thing a Rangers fan comes back with a bit of the club's history and then we get this 'newco' shite.

gosplan wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not advocating the Chelsea/Villa thread being locked, my point was that it was pushing the boundaries of the rules far closer then the celtic one.

The effects of rangers demise on Scottish football was speculated on heavily, and personally I feel it merits its own thread. Why not merge it as oppose to lock it if that how the mods feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not advocating the Chelsea/Villa thread being locked, my point was that it was pushing the boundaries of the rules far closer then the celtic one.

The effects of rangers demise on Scottish football was speculated on heavily, and personally I feel it merits its own thread. Why not merge it as oppose to lock it if that how the mods feel?
    Its probably locked while they discuss it?

eagle eye wrote: »
    This, all it looks like to me is a thread to bait Rangers fans into having an argument.

Starts off with we don't need Rangers, next thing a Rangers fan comes back with a bit of the club's history and then we get this 'newco' shite.

Genuinely don't think it was a thread to bait, it was a genuine topic worthy of discussion.

The newco ****e is inevitable given the slant Rangers fans have taken on it relative to the fans of every other Scottish club

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its probably locked while they discuss it?

Possibly, but it was amicable, it certainly hadn't descended into a farce as many others do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He was out all night after Ireland won and has about 20 pints in him. I'd be locked too in fairness after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't know why it was locked as I wasn't following it or dealing with it. If you have an issue with moderation or have a question to ask, you PM the mods. You don't start a thread asking why in the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement