Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Dash Cam ( cost 25 euro)

• 16-03-2014 3:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey all, i just want to show you the new dash cam i got for 25 euro,
    i had to pay an extra 20 euro for a new MicroSD card though,(you get none with it) the one i was going to use was from my old phone and i lost it as i was installing the new dashcam -_-

i uploaded this, its just me driving around the city, im happy enough with it, it was cheap and the quality isn't that bad, got it from ebay from a seller with fantastic feedback, ill happily post a link to the cam if you want it

Make sure you change it to 1080p, the file size was over 1GB, and when i compressed it i got it down to 500 MB, so lost a small bit of quality, the only issue i have is the Audio, but wouldn't put me off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why 1080P? Wouldn't a smaller resolution be perfectly acceptable and give you more recording time?

Does it loop around when the memory is full?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

coylemj wrote: »
    Why 1080P? Wouldn't a smaller resolution be perfectly acceptable and give you more recording time?

Does it loop around when the memory is full?

i just wanted to see what the best quality looked like, only reason i did 1080p,
    ill record at a lower resolution from now on.
    it also has a loop around that deletes the oldest file if the memory is full :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Can you post a link? What is it like at night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

it also has a loop around that deletes the oldest file if the memory is full :)

How exactly does that work? For example, does it spin off a file every 5 minutes so that with (e.g.) one hour's worth of memory to store videos, you'd have 11 archive files of the past 55 minutes and one active file - something along those lines?

Can you post a link? What is it like at night?

i haven't tried it out at night yet, give me a few days and ill record a night time drive for you and upload it,

i got it from ebay (this is the exact seller/s)
    Dash Cam
    Micro SDcard

coylemj wrote: »
    How exactly does that work? For example, does it spin off a file every 5 minutes so that with (e.g.) one hour's worth of memory to store videos, you'd have 11 archive files of the past 55 minutes and one active file - something along those lines?

it has 3 options, loop recording 1 min, 2 min and 3 min, so what it does lets say we have it on loop for 3 min, every 3 min it stops and starts a new recording, and every 3 mins it does this over and over, and after that stage if the memory card is full. it deletes the oldest recording you have and swaps it with the newest,if you turn loop recording off it defaults it to every 10 mins, so if you had recorded files from the 15th, and started to record on the 19th and the memory is full, it will remove the ones on the 15th (hope i made this clear, im a bit sick atm, it also has the option to "protect file" that way it will always be safe and never get deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Looks decent for the price, I'd love to see night time footage, especially outside the city. Best of luck with it.

Looks decent for the price, I'd love to see night time footage, especially outside the city. Best of luck with it.

here is some Night time footage, very sorry it has taken so long for me to post this, some of it is in the city, and a small bit of it will be in suburb areas, its all i could get right now

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andmc

Seems ideal. Good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Very tempted. i know it's only 25 euro but i feel i need to justify this after shelling out 180 euro for the aldi robot vacuum cleaner :pac: :p
    Also- gadget addiction? :D

Video looks pretty good.
    Why do i need this though? Insurance purposes. Anything else.
    Can anyone convince me.

Edit: is it only suction mounted. Any vent mount.

Very tempted. i know it's only 25 euro but i feel i need to justify this after shelling out 180 euro for the aldi robot vacuum cleaner :pac: :p
    Also- gadget addiction? :D

Video looks pretty good.
    Can anyone convince me.

Edit: is it only suction mounted. Any vent mount.

Hey Take,

Well mostly Insurance purposes, that's all i would use it for, it has a suction mount, it has an attached clip that you use to stick it to the window or not, and its very sturdy as you can see, the camera is nice and small too, you could also just unscrew the camera off simply while leaving the suction attachment stuck to the window, ill take some pictures tomorrow just to show you what it looks from outside the car.
    you could unattached it and just take pictures and use it as a normal if you want.

also if a car cuts in front or runs a red light, you could catch up to them pull them over and demand a few euro or treating them by saying you are going to show the clip to the Gardai ;) (joking btw)

all in all its cheap and defiantly worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can anyone convince me.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

this is for take everything (or anyone else interested, its how it looks from the outside and to others etc

ve16b7.jpg

2afc18m.jpg

mctbg7.jpg

and a little video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgcDUf7OdI

Basically i just wanted to show you how u can take it off to bring in h ome if needed, also at the end i wanted to show u the clip system, i was going to take it off but i had it in a good spot so didn't :P

*edit can some one embed the video for me ? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Thanks for that.
    You're very good.
    I actually got another one (meant to be the best in its class) for around the same price. If that doesn't work out i'll be looking at this. This thread was very helpful though as an introduction to these things.

Advertisement