Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for all-day breakfast city centre

Options
  • 16-03-2014 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭

Anybody know options for good all-day breakfast in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

bobbyss wrote: »
    Anybody know options for good all-day breakfast in the city centre?

Haven't been in for a while but Bruxelles did a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not taking the p!ss, Eddie Rockets do a nice fry, available any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Say what you like about Oliver St John Gogarty's, but they do a mean all day breakfast of the highest quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

The Larder on Parliament street is my favourite. Any time I'm in Dublin on the beer this is my port of call the following morning. Its a little more high brow than your regular plate of grease you get in most places but the food is a1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Haven't been in for a while but Bruxelles did a decent one.

where is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

bobbyss wrote: »
    where is that?

Harry St, just off Grafton St. It's the side street that leads to the Westbury Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CinSoots wrote: »
    The Larder on Parliament street is my favourite. Any time I'm in Dublin on the beer this is my port of call the following morning. Its a little more high brow than your regular plate of grease you get in most places but the food is a1

I used to eat there regular enough until they got hit by a closure order by the Food Safety Authority. They lost my trust and I won't be back though I suspect the kitchen is cleaner now than it's ever been, at least it should be after they were called out on it.

+1 on Eddie Rockets, they do a lovely breakfast for €8.50 with tea and toast included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hey this thread has come up before and the usual answers are:

The kingfisher on Parnell St,
    The Lovinspoon http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-lovinspoon-dublin-2
    The Earl http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-earl-bakery-and-restaurant-dublin (a personal favourite although haven't been there in a while)

Their are loads of decent places in Dublin, never tried Eddies but i'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

D wrote: »
    Hey this thread has come up before and the usual answers are:

The kingfisher on Parnell St,
    The Lovinspoon http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-lovinspoon-dublin-2
    The Earl http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-earl-bakery-and-restaurant-dublin (a personal favourite although haven't been there in a while)

Their are loads of decent places in Dublin, never tried Eddies but i'll give it a go.

Ha! Think I got the recommendation of Bruxelles the last time this thread came up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Yeah the eddie rockets all day is good actually

I never liked Bruxelles myself

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St is by far my favourite, super value and a friendly laid back spot

Some like Gerrys on Montague St too - not to my personal liking though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Personally partial to The Cappuccino Bar on the corner of Crow Street in Temple Bar for breakfast foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

the kingfisher is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Soundman wrote: »
    Personally partial to The Cappuccino Bar on the corner of Crow Street in Temple Bar for breakfast foods.

I was trying to think of the name of that place.

They do a decent bit of grub with a cup of coffee for about 7 euro or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I remember reading a good review of Sherries, Abbey St, for breakfast. I haven't tried it, but might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Daith

Soundman wrote: »

Yeah it's a fair big breakfast but can be really hit or miss on the actual quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Gerrys Coffee Shop off Harcourt street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I remember reading a good review of Sherries, Abbey St, for breakfast. I haven't tried it, but might be worth a look.

Is that place still open its been donkies since i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I've never tried it myself but a mate mentioned Lucky Coadys on Dame Street, opposite the Central Bank. He said the ingredients were quality, Clonakilty pudding, etc. forget the price, I think he said €10

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Outside of the city centre but just an honorable mention to Matt The Rashers in Sundrive. Big breakfast of the highest quality for €10.50.

Anyone ever have the breakfast in Ikea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yes indeed. It's OK but absolutely nothing to write home about. It's not the best quality but if you add on the extras it's a filling enough feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pain in the @rse, have to assemble it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Outside of the city centre but just an honorable mention to Matt The Rashers in Sundrive. Big breakfast of the highest quality for €10.50.
    Best breakfast around.

Central Cafe on Parnell Street does a lovely breakfast and pretty sure it's all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Had it about a year ago. Didn't impress me. I felt their ingredients were cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is that place still open its been donkies since i was there.

Yes. I haven't been in it, but often pass by there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Sofias on Wexford St do a savage breakie for a fiver! Jumbo for 7.50 including tea and toast. Theyre next to Burritos and Blues

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Had it about a year ago. Didn't impress me. I felt their ingredients were cheap.

I have never had a bad matts! They smoke their own rashers and make their own sausages I think it's one of the nicest.

Now last time I was there they got my girlfriends order wrong twice. So bad service one time is about my only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I always preferred monto beside the stoneboat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I always preferred monto beside the stoneboat

They take an eternity with their orders. You'd have had 2 breakfasts in Matts by the time you've got your breakfast in Monto.

• Advertisement

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Sofias on Wexford St do a savage breakie for a fiver! Jumbo for 7.50 including tea and toast. Theyre next to Burritos and Blues

The fiver breakfast includes tea and toast too i think doesnt it?

Advertisement