Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go back?

Options
  • 16-03-2014 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hihi,

So I lived in Auz for 3 years 2008-11, Sydney mostly and loved it. I had a good job, worked too hard but enjoyed the lifestyle. I spent 2+ years saying i was never going home but eventually i got kinda homesick, I broke my foot, needed time off work and left pretty suddenly for home.
    It's not been all fun and games here though and I've almost returned a few times. I think I've gotten really stuck in a rut here. I've no fulltime job, I'm back living at home (at 31-doing my head in!), been studying again which is fine, but mostly just doing it to pass the time. I can't get fulltime work here in what I'm trained to do. I've no ties here apart from my parents, my brother moved to uk and lots of my friends have emigrated, mostly for work. I got permanent residency through ENS visa so I'm ok to reenter and stay forever up to early next year, but I'd need a RRV to travel and reenter-I think that'd be easily sorted thou.

Has anyone moved back after being home for a few years? I'd like to hear other stories cause I know its bloody easy to sit here in d rain with no prospects and think the grass is greener!
    Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

What you trained to do? You wouldn't want your skills to stagnate although u could go to the UK .

I'd be tempted to go back, did a whv myself in oz a few years back if I got a visa I'd be tempted to go back. Long way but there's a strange pull to the faraway mythical land of oz.

Advertisement