Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't open or format a USB key

Options
  • 16-03-2014 4:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought two lexar usb keys and wa using them for reformatting pc's - I was mounting windows iso's on them. One has totally stopped responding. I put it in and it show;s up as "Removable Disk" - clicking on it says "Please inset disk into removable disk (E:)"

I can't seem to format it either.

Any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 HereIBe

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thnaks, that's perfect it worked!

So while ont eh subject I have an SD card that is 8gb but only shows as 1gb. Went into disk management tried to format it but only part of it is there, the rest I cant seem to do anything

aSiTu.jpg

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think you could just format the second partition ,in control ,panel, admin, storage .
    format in fat32, filesystem ,same as the first partition.

i do this on hardrives,
    eg resize,ing partitions.
    after partition is formatted,to 6.24 fat32
    use free program Gparted to resize the 1st partition. to fill up the full 8gig disk.
    i NEVER used it on an sd card .
    Theres probably programs you can download to format sdcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you are gonna use Gparted ,reboot pc first,
    after format of partition 2 is complete.

Advertisement